IGNORED

Contemplating Elite Visa

tropicaloz

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating purchasing the "Elite Visa" 5 Year easy access visa for 500,000.00 Baht, (the cheapest of the elite visas).

I would love to hear of any positive / negative comments from those that have purchased this Visa.

I am 46 years old, and closing my company in Australia for an early semi retirement with the view of staying in Thailand / Australia for the next few years. I own a Condo in Pattaya, (purchased in 2010) and plan to use this as my base while travelling South East Asia.

I am not sure I am committing to Thailand long term, but, I will always be in and out, as it has been part of my life for the past 20 years or so.

Whilst in Thailand, I intend on studying the Thai language written and spoken, but, after consideration and trawling through numerous threads here and TV, I have come to the conclusion that the Education Visa route is a bit cumbersome now.

I am just wondering if I am missing any other options, I am aware of the non immigrant / tourist visa extensions (although have never been through the process) , but , at my age I think the easy access Visa sounds like the best fit.

I am also interested in recommendations for learning Thai, I am looking for a legitimate school facility that teaches both written and spoken Thai, if anyone has any recent experience or recommendations I would love to hear about them.

Thanks for any help. 

When you say that you will be in and out where will you be going back to Australia often? How long do you think you will spend in Thailand each time?

If your stays are 90 days or less before travelling back to Australia doing it on tourist visas will be a cheaper option. You can also get them in adjoining countries. Since you seem to be unsure of your future plans with Thailand I think you should exploit this until you either decide that you want to stay long-term or you start having problems getting tourist visas issued.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Hi Scumbag,

Probably going back to Australia at least 2 - 3 times a year, also travelling to other Asian countries as well.

I am planning on using Pattaya as my base early next year, but, am not really sure how I will react to being semi retired. I have run my own company for the last 16 years and have had  enough of the stress and constant commitment it takes, on the same token, I am not sure how I will react 3 -  6 months down the line being retired.

I have plans to keep myself busy / interested, study , fitness, travel, food etc, and don't intend on trawling the bars every morning looking for a beer.

I welcome your advice in relation to the "elite visa" as I probably should take the route of using tourist visas for the first 6 months at least to see how I settle.

I plan on coming to Thailand for 3 weeks over Christmas, then returning to Australia to close the business down by January 31, 2017. At this stage ,  I will be returning on a more permanent basis in February 2017.

Cheers

Don't go down the Elite visa route as too much uncertainty in Thailand currently IMHO - could not exist next year. Try the education visa initially would be my suggestion! If you're jumping out every few months, as I do, the 3 month option plus extension in Jomtien may work for you. Assuming you're not 50 yet for the retirement visa.

Daryle

With your long term plans uncertain and the ongoing political uncertainty here in Thailand I would take at least a year of tourist or multi entry Non O visas before thinking about the Elite visa. Personally I would come in with a single entry tourist visa and see if that can be converted to Non O / retirement in the month before it expires. I know you are under 50 years old but this is Thailand after all.

When the Elite scheme is mentioned, particularly on Thai Visa, check out the topics on it there, it becomes a polarised shitfest.

One side say its great, convenience, fast tracked at the airport and free courtesy car, one year stamp on every entry into Thailand.

The other side just don't have the money for it and are envious of those who do - so they try to trash it.

If 500,000 baht is not all that much money to you then go for it, if its more than you are able to spend in a year then don't.

For your circumstances it is a great and very easy option, if you have the money.

When the Elite scheme is mentioned, particularly on Thai Visa, check out the topics on it there, it becomes a polarised shitfest.

One side say its great, convenience, fast tracked at the airport and free courtesy car, one year stamp on every entry into Thailand.

The other side just don't have the money for it and are envious of those who do - so they try to trash it.

If 500,000 baht is not all that much money to you then go for it, if its more than you are able to spend in a year then don't.

For your circumstances it is a great and very easy option, if you have the money.

I agree with this but you would first want to make sure that you will benefit from it. It would not good to pay for it then after a year decide that you don't want to spend a lot of time in Thailand anyway.

Don't go down the Elite visa route as too much uncertainty in Thailand currently IMHO - could not exist next year.

The original scheme was set up by Thaksin. A later government retired it however they still honoured the benefits for those who bought it. Obviously it was later revived. I don't think there is much risk that those who buy it will lose their benefits should it be abolished

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Well...let's take a short wall through history. And correct me if I'm wrong... .

Privilege Visa are available since 2003.

And since 2006, when that guy who introduced them got fucked by military, there are speculations, that these visas will be cancelled.

Now it's 2016. Visa are still here.

And in July, 3 months ago, they introduced 3 new packages. For example, similarly to 5 years / 500 000 B now is available 20 years / 1 milion.

And whenever somebody starts talking about privilege visa, 50% of responses are "DON'T GET THEM, THEY ARE GOING TO BE CANCELLED NEXT MONTH!!!"

:Think1:

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

Save the money and just get the METV. If you have sufficient funds for the Elite visa, you can easily get the METV as well. It's perfectly suited for you, as you will be going in and out of Thailand (multiple entry).

Since you are planning to go back to your home country 2-3 times a year, it's perfect timing for a renewal of the METV - it's valid for 6 months.

Save the money and just get the METV. If you have sufficient funds for the Elite visa, you can easily get the METV as well. It's perfectly suited for you, as you will be going in and out of Thailand (multiple entry).

Since you are planning to go back to your home country 2-3 times a year, it's perfect timing for a renewal of the METV - it's valid for 6 months.

And are you sure, that they will give you this visa forever?!!!

• I got 6 months visa. I stayed in Thailand for 6 months.
  • This month I come home and asked them for another 6 months visa.

Of course I had to show them bank account etc etc etc etc. And they still refused to give me second 6 months visa. I was approved only after my thai girlfriend got involved. She had to send them passport, guarantee letter and confirm, that we are considering marriage.

Only after that I was given second 6 months visa... .  I'm not sure that it would was possible to live in Thailand on METV... .

And I'm not from some shitty country, I'm from middle Europe.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

Of course I had to show them bank account etc etc etc etc. And they still refused to give me second 6 months visa. I was approved only after my thai girlfriend got involved. She had to send them passport, guarantee letter and confirm, that we are considering marriage.

Only after that I was given second 6 months visa... . I'm not sure that it would was possible to live in Thailand on METV... .

No, nothing is sure when it comes to visa for Thailand - that's kind of why many people have second thoughts about splashing 500K for the Elite visa.

I can tell you though, that I have gotten two back-to-back METV visa from the embassy in my home country, Denmark.

Of course the visa is not intended for people who live in Thailand, it's a tourist visa. Since OP will leave the country regularly, he will be a tourist.

I have approx 20-30 entries to Thailand a year, and according to the Thai embassy in Denmark, I am regarded as a tourist as I don't just leave Thailand every two months, to renew my entry.

Which non-shitty European country are you from?

My opinion is that the elite visa is good value - i personally cannot see them cancelling it .

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

i just recently got my retirement visa for thailand.the easiest Thing i ever did.Despite of reading this threats. It took me 5 hours to get all requested, signed sealed and delivered. Got my visa 7 days later.

About as easy as it gets.,right here in my own city.Got a Chinese visa good for 10years now.I am collecting visas , any country which offers Lt visas I will get .I dont care if i only visit twice but the ease of mind not to have to worry about it is worth something. So if you can afford it get the 5 year visa.Nobody knows the future but its ease of mind to come and go as you please.  As far as I am concerned the Military government is the best thing ever happened to thailand they are cleaning up the corruption and the system .Never been a better time forThailand and visitors. Cambodia is supposed to issue 3 year visa's.Have not been able to confirm but if out I will  get one .Dont care how often I will visit  but knowing I can come and go when I want is worth itfor me.

i just recently got my retirement visa for thailand.the easiest Thing i ever did.Despite of reading this threats. It took me 5 hours to get all requested, signed sealed and delivered. Got my visa 7 days later.

Just be aware that the retirement visa is a single entry visa. If you enter and then leave without getting a re-entry permit before you leave the visa is dead.

My opinion is that the elite visa is good value - i personally cannot see them cancelling it .

I also think they will honor all the current members, but I can easily see them scrap it.

I can get my employer to pay part of the 5 year Elite visa, but I simply thinks it's way too overpriced, compared to other types of visa, without any relevant benefits.

As long as the METV works for me, I will use that. I would advise OP to do the same, especially as he is not sure he will commit to Thailand.

Hi Guys,

I am contemplating purchasing the "Elite Visa" 5 Year easy access visa for 500,000.00 Baht, (the cheapest of the elite visas).

I would love to hear of any positive / negative comments from those that have purchased this Visa.

I am 46 years old, and closing my company in Australia for an early semi retirement with the view of staying in Thailand / Australia for the next few years. I own a Condo in Pattaya, (purchased in 2010) and plan to use this as my base while travelling South East Asia.

I am not sure I am committing to Thailand long term, but, I will always be in and out, as it has been part of my life for the past 20 years or so.

Whilst in Thailand, I intend on studying the Thai language written and spoken, but, after consideration and trawling through numerous threads here and TV, I have come to the conclusion that the Education Visa route is a bit cumbersome now.

I am just wondering if I am missing any other options, I am aware of the non immigrant / tourist visa extensions (although have never been through the process) , but , at my age I think the easy access Visa sounds like the best fit.

I am also interested in recommendations for learning Thai, I am looking for a legitimate school facility that teaches both written and spoken Thai, if anyone has any recent experience or recommendations I would love to hear about them.

Thanks for any help.

If you can easily afford it

Go for it

It is after all only 100,000 Baht a year

Only after that I was given second 6 months visa... . I'm not sure that it would was possible to live in Thailand on METV... .

Maybe you didn't have the right paperwork to get the METV in Europe? Its not just bank account info.

Thai consulates strictness seems to vary

Thai consulates strictness seems to vary

There is no doubt about that!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input, it has helped me come to some sort of a plan.

I will now do the Multi entry tourist visa / extension for the first 6 months, after I have proved to myself that I can make the move on a more permanent basis, I will get the "elite easy access visa" as this does appeal to me for ease of entry / re entry.

Thanks again for everyones comments,

Cheers

I will now do the Multi entry tourist visa / extension for the first 6 months, after I have proved to myself that I can make the move on a more permanent basis, I will get the "elite easy access visa" as this does appeal to me for ease of entry / re entry.

As soon as you are 50 be sure to switch to a retirement extension. This is cheap and quick to obtain, allows you to come and go as many times as you want (as long as you also get a re-entry permit) and does not require you to spend more than a couple of days in Thailand at all. Total cost for one year, including multiple-entry, is under 6000B and it takes me all of 2 hours to get mine every year.

The so-called benefits of the elite visa seem quite pointless to me: I dont leave here often and when I do I fly business anyway, which gets me a fast-track through iimmigration etc. I dont play golf and I dont need personal assistance with my 90-day reporting, and I wouldn't qualify for the limo as I live too far from the airport. That said, I can see the attraction of the elite visa for those who aren't yet 50. It seems fairly obvious to me that the recent clamp-downs on back-to-back short visas are specifically designed to encourage people to buy elite visas instead.

50 now and can finally apply for my retirement visa but if i would have known upfront what a load of BS

i could have saved myself from over the last 5 years by getting an Elite visa i would have bought one . 

I have one for almost 3 years now and I'm very happy with it. I'm 26, so for me its definitely the best choice. I qualify for a year Non-O extension now but I would only get it if I decide to got a work permit. If not, I'll be happy to pay for another 5 years again.

Mine is Multi entry come and go as I please

So long as you get the re-entry permit - which was scumbag's point after all,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

No re entry needed for a Non Immigrant 0-A .Only needed when after 1 year you convert to a Extension of stay. At that point you can add 1 re entry for 1000 baht or Multi entry for 3800 Baht if you wish.

If you dont plan on traveling but need to leave on an emergency you can always buy a re entry at both airports in Bangkok at the Immigration counter. i belive its 1200 baht and supposed to be open 7/24

Archived