IGNORED

Farang with thai baby visa

seals139

Hi I remember seeing if you have a thai kid you can get a visa for 1 year but forgot what the name of the visa is...

Can some I refresh my memory.

Thanks

You are probably thinking of the Non-Immigrant type-O visa. You can get a one year visa but it is only good for 90 day stays so you need to do a border run if you want to stay longer. It is a one year multiple entry visa rather than one that allows you to stay a full year without leaving.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It's a Non-O (Non Immigrant Category "O")

The Non-O is a catchall and there are a lot of ways of qualifying such as being married, having a Thai kid, being over 50 etc.

Same visa, it's just the qualifying requirements that differ. It's probably the one year Extension of Stay that you're really interested though.

From the MFA Website 

- other activities (Category "O") as follows:
to stay with the family, to perfrom duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

Are you married? If not, you will need to become the legal father by court order. I did this myself too. You'll need a lawyer and I went for an official DNA test to prove the court. Some courts will accept 2 witnesses. Having just your name on the birth certificate does not automatically qualify you for an 1 year extension.

What you need to do is to go abroad and apply for a single entry 90 days O visa, using the birth certificate and other documents such as a copy of the housebook of the mother.

Then when you are back in Thailand you apply for the 1 year extension.

You will need 400k cash in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months in a row, or an income of at least 40k THB.

Good luck!

Are you married? If not, you will need to become the legal father by court order. I did this myself too. You'll need a lawyer and I went for an official DNA test to prove the court. Some courts will accept 2 witnesses. Having just your name on the birth certificate does not automatically qualify you for an 1 year extension.

What you need to do is to go abroad and apply for a single entry 90 days O visa, using the birth certificate and other documents such as a copy of the housebook of the mother.

Then when you are back in Thailand you apply for the 1 year extension.

You will need 400k cash in a Thai bank account for at least 3 months in a row, or an income of at least 40k THB.

Good luck!

I guess it depends on what the OP is intending on doing. He didn't really divulge much.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I guess it depends on what the OP is intending on doing. He didn't really divulge much.

He only asked the name of the visa, which is a non-immigrant O, unless he's seeking other info, the problem is solved.

He only asked the name of the visa, which is a non-immigrant O, unless he's seeking other info, the problem is solved.

Yeah, that is my point. There is no use supplying information that may not be relevant.

As far as I know there is no 1 year visa based on this requirements. Only an extension of stay of 1 year. I thought it would be helpful to supply the other info.

When you are married or over 50, you can get a multiple entry O visa of 1 year. But border runs are required every 90 days.

Archived