Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

90 day stay in Thailand planned,have some visa questions

cockblocker43

I plan on staying in Thailand for 90 days this winter.

I know I can obtain a tourist visa before going and then get a 30 day extension in Thailand...

But my questions are...

Will I have an issue boarding my flight with only a tourist visa when return ticket is 90 days away?

Will I have issue obtaining the tourist visa if my stay is longer than 60 days when I apply?

I'm from America and will apply for tourist visa through the mail here.

Thanks in advance for any info and advice.

I know I can obtain a tourist visa before going and then get a 30 day extension in Thailand...

But my questions are...

Will I have an issue boarding my flight with only a tourist visa when return ticket is 90 days away?

Will I have issue obtaining the tourist visa if my stay is longer than 60 days when I apply?

I've boarded flights without a return ticket and have never had a problem.

You won't be asked if you plan to stay longer than 60 days. However, if you apply for your visa in New York, you will need to show at least a one way ticket and a bank account of - I believe -  $1500. Check the requirements on the website of the consulate you will be requesting the visa from.

There is no problem applying through the mail, but it may take up to 3 weeks to get your passport back. Make sure you read the consulate's instructions on what mail service to use. If you apply to the Los Angeles consulate, you may also be required to provide with your application a return envelope with the necessary postage, Read the consulate's instructions very carefully.

• 3 weeks later...

But my questions are...

Thai Embassy Miami 

NO issue boarding the flight. The airline doesn't care. Thailand says you MUST show a ROUND TRIP ticket to get your visa.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived