IGNORED

40-50% Deposit on new car in Thailand

Blueman Group

Does anyone know if a Thai GF or Farang can get financed for ~12 months if they put 30-50% down on buying a new car in Thailand? with all the floods in last few years and inflated used car prices I would rather wait until I have the cash for new if 30-50% won't do it.

Thai with a Job usually don't need a Large Down payment..Most cases the Falang will need a Job to get credit

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

nissan / mazda  both offered me cars / trucks 50% down.  Car / Truck in my name.  This was about 6 weeks ago.

I am on a family visa.

Toyota will.

Went to look at a car 2 weeks ago they asked if i was paying cash or I could pay 40% down and balance between 3 and 6 years

• 5 weeks later...

I went to ask at Honda in BKK recently and they told me that the minimum they were doing was 3 years...

they like finance,,as it gives them a chance to take it back....non payment

i was in bangkok a few years a go..got talking to a car dealer,,he said i am not interested in short time finance...the longer the better..

some thais come in and i hit them with a 10 year deal... they are so happy...but i no ..they will not pay it,,so it gets snatched back....

you pay all the interest  ,,regarding weather you pay it off quicker...its a win win win for car sales men...

Its little to do with car sales men... the finance is from Banks

Dealerships can puff and blow bugles all they like but it all boils down to the same equation: Farang needs to be legitimately working / resident in Thailand and income figures stack up. Or Thai partner needs to be legitimately working in cast iron employment and income figures stack up.

Archived