IGNORED

Possible to extend visa exempt entry by another 30 days?

xtremedude

Is it possible to stay 60 days on a visa exempt entry by extending another 30 days?  I read conflicting information that visa exempt entry cannot be extended and that it can be extended 30 days by paying 1900 baht at immigration office.  Which is it?  Thanks in advance for any information provided.

:ThumbUp6:

I presume that means a yes?  If yes then is there any benefit to having a SETV vs extending by 30 days at immigration?  I realize it will be a hassle to go to Jomtien immigration but for me it is an even bigger hassle to get SETV at my home country.

I presume that means a yes?  If yes then is there any benefit to having a SETV vs extending by 30 days at immigration?  I realize it will be a hassle to go to Jomtien immigration but for me it is an even bigger hassle to get SETV at my home country.

If you only need 60 days then no, unless you'd prefer the certainty of a proper visa.

An SETV can be extended to 90 days if you found you needed longer for some reason.

If you only need 60 days then no, unless you'd prefer the certainty of a proper visa.

An SETV can be extended to 90 days if you found you needed longer for some reason.

I only need 60 days so I guess I will go with visa exempt entry then 30 days extension at Jomtien immigration.  Thanks for your prompt response.  

One more question.  When within the 30 day visa exempt entry window can you apply for 30 day extension?  For example can you apply for the 30 day extension just after you enter Thailand (eg first week) or do you have to wait until toward the end of the 30 day visa exempt entry (eg the last week)?

One more question.  When within the 30 day visa exempt entry window can you apply for 30 day extension?  For example can you apply for the 30 day extension just after you enter Thailand (eg first week) or do you have to wait until toward the end of the 30 day visa exempt entry (eg the last week)?

I don't know if there is a specific window but personally I'd go 10-7 days before expiry.

if u turn up the first week they will turn u away and tell u to come back nearer the time.

by the way 2 photos now req plus 1,900 bht plus proof/hotel bill of where u are staying plus take a pen.................a lot of pointless form filling these days

yes but you can only do this once before a border run

30 days for flying 

15 for land but may get 30 if fris tone in passport

I have a METV and wanted to extend another 30 at first my landlord just told me there' a lot of extra paper work these days to fill out.

so prepare for a wasted day.

so i extended and did a visa run 

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

Archived