IGNORED

Child UK Settlement Visa

neil123

Just a bit of information - I have been involved in putting 2 applications together for UK Child Settlements Visa, -

Family 1 - Mother has been in the UK for 8 years, UK Passport holder,  2 daughters aged 14 - 16 at the time of application, living with grandparents, Initial application refused by Embassy, on ground of Sole Responsibility and the lack of visits made to Thailand to see the children.

They appealed in the UK cost £140, Barristers fees of £2000, on appeal they won their case, only for the Home Office to re-appeal, waiting for appeal and outcome, total time taken so far 18 months

Family 2, Mother has been in the UK for 7 years, UK Passport holder, 3 children, but only 1 visa applied for, 1 girl aged 16 at the time of application. Again initial application refused on the same grounds, and that she only wanted to bring the daughter, Appeal last month, won the appeal, same application fee, and £1000 barrister fees. Appeal stands no re-appeal by the Home Office. daughter now 17 and flies here at Christmas.

Every situation is different, and if you can get the right information, from the right people, then nothing is impossible

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Neil

I have followed a number of your posts in the past, as our situation were similar.

I was always under the belief that we could not claim child benefit for my wife's daughter who is now 13, as their visa says " no recourse to public funds". Her friends insisted we could. I looked into it and I can claim for our daughter in my name. Competed application, 3 weeks later had phone call from agency to confirm situation, everything ok. They paid 3 months arrears as this is maximum they can.

I look at it, as getting some of the money they demanded for NHS surcharge and Visa fees.

The main issue with child applications is demonstrating sole responsibility - its a real issue if the mother has been separated for a long time.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 1 month later...

Just an update, on family 2, home office didn't appeal, within the time, both families have there children here, all came at xmas. It is about sole responsibility, and if you get the right information, from teachers, doctors, family proof of support and creative writing etc, you can get them here. Just a quick note lol, the judges at the appeals were Asian

Hi Neil

I have followed a number of your posts in the past, as our situation were similar.

I was always under the belief that we could not claim child benefit for my wife's daughter who is now 13, as their visa says " no recourse to public funds". Her friends insisted we could. I looked into it and I can claim for our daughter in my name. Competed application, 3 weeks later had phone call from agency to confirm situation, everything ok. They paid 3 months arrears as this is maximum they can.

I look at it, as getting some of the money they demanded for NHS surcharge and Visa fees.

I have phoned the Child Benefits Agency this morning, and was referred back to the home office for advice, has the CBA didnt want to put the sons visa at risk, with his ID saying no public funds, rang the Home Office and chatted to them, told them about information on their site, that claim that you can get Child Benefit if the children are on a visa which is is sponsored, which they both are, so putting an application in to try lol

Archived