IGNORED

Kickboxer, chemist, CIA man - the many tales of Herbert La Fon

Denis903

For decades, Herbert Craig La Fon appears to have deceived many of the people around him. But when the police peeled back the black plastic sheets to reveal the dismembered male body stashed in a freezer at his Sukhumvit Soi 56 home, he broke down.

"We were shocked. That's when we realised that [Mr La Fon] shot one of our officers because he was hiding a body," alleged Pol Col Nithithorn Chintakanon, deputy commander of the Tourist Police Division. "When we opened the sheets, he showed signs of distress and started hitting his head on the wall and twisting his hands on the handcuffs. It was like he was trying to cut his veins."

After his arrest on Sept 23 following a police raid and shootout, Mr La Fon, 63, remained silent. He and two other Americans, James Douglas Eger, 66, and Aaron Thomas Gabel, 33, were charged with five offences relating to passport forgery and the gruesome discovery of the frozen body parts. They have denied all the charges.

View the full article

We never know who we talk in bars... Apparently this guy was a regular customer in gogos. But I never met him in Patpong (or I don't remember):

Mr La Fon was well known in the Patpong go-go bars, including Goldfingers, which closed several months ago.

News of his arrest shocked many who knew him, including the owner of the Soi 2 bar.

"I was surprised, because he didn't come across as an aggressive person," said the Thai owner, adding that Mr La Fon had been a regular customer for two years.

Archived