IGNORED

Exchange rates and Bar prices

Celtichero

Hi I am due in Patts in a few weeks time just wondering if anyone can help with what the exchange rate is at the mo, Also if the exchange rate is poor are the prices in the bars dropping to compete with the problem, any help much appreciated.

The £ has dropped to 51baht today. As for the beer prices some bars will put the price up.....thinking they will make more money,But they will get less customers . There is still many bars that sell cheap beer,for example the new plaza off 2nd road opposite soi 7.

They are always busy and no shortage of pretty bg's

Thanks so what is the average price of a bottle of beer then? I was there last year and the average price was around 65-70 Bhat..

Just wondering if I will be able to afford the usual fun to be had as along with prices there and the exchange rate the sittuation here in the UK work wise is poor too.

I'm sure it will work itself out :-(

Thais do not drop price to help business the raise the price to make up for losses. Depending on whether you are converting English pounds, Aussie dollars, or US dollars will tell you where you stand. I enjoy a beer or two but to pay B210 for a small Henekins like my friend did tonight at Hard Rock is rediculous. I paid B750 for great buffet and all you can drink of Singa, wine, mixed drinks, I had 4 glasses of wine and 1 Singa for B750, he had Buffet and 1 Henekins for B710, I think I got the better deal, but I look for good deals.

You can see today's exchange rates by doing a search for: "Currency Convertor". It does not make good reading, but maybe things will settle down-eventually.

Why should the bars change their prices?

The rates and expenses don't go down here just because the foreign currencies do!

Remember the girls and bar owners live here full time and use baht not sterling, dollars or euros so the other currency rates aren't really an issue. :WinkGrin1:

My advice is, don't look at the exchange rate. It's far to depressing!

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Why should the bars change their prices?

The rates and expenses don't go down here just because the foreign currencies do!

Remember the girls and bar owners live here full time and use baht not sterling, dollars or euros so the other currency rates aren't really an issue. :GoldenSmile1:

Yes, I can see a Thai landowner going "Oh look, the Euro has gone down, I better lower the rent for X bar".

I can see the brewery going "Oh look, the $US has gone down, I better lower the production cost of my beer".

Based on the logic that Thais have to change prices due to the fluctuation of the exchange rate of OTHER COUNTRIES, what happens when the Euro goes up, but the $US goes down?

Yes, I can see a Thai landowner going "Oh look, the Euro has gone down, I better lower the rent for X bar".

I can see the brewery going "Oh look, the $US has gone down, I better lower the production cost of my beer".

Based on the logic that Thais have to change prices due to the fluctuation of the exchange rate of OTHER COUNTRIES, what happens when the Euro goes up, but the $US goes down?

Also I didn't see anyone complaining while the Baht was weak... :GoldenSmile1:

Really the problem is that the US dollar has strengthened against most currencies. It appears that the Baht is more tied to the value of the $US than other currencies.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Exchange rates bad, bar prices even worse. In Bangkok right now, it's costing me more to drink here than it does at home.

In Nana Plaza last night, beers are 130 baht. Over 2 pound fifty. After hours at Spicy and Lucky is even worse. 200 baht beers, 4 pound.

It's still amazing though :GoldenSmile1:

Oh and Singha is still 31 baht at the 7-11. You can sit on the pavement, because of the closures you even get a paper bag to drink from. Now that really is like back home.

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

As long as im enjoying myself, I dont really care what my drink costs...if I have to stop and worry about the price of drink, I shouldnt be there.

DONT BROWN IT............CROWN IT..!

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

According to Bangkok Bank it's a little over 3500 Bht now. ( 3513 ) 28th Nov.

So it should be enough for a evening of drinking, Bf and LT with a decent TG.

yea americans are the only travellers by the looks of it benefiting as people see the dollar as a safe haven for their money,even tho its their fault we're in this economic mess

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

The £ has dropped to 51baht today. As for the beer prices some bars will put the price up.....thinking they will make more money,But they will get less customers . There is still many bars that sell cheap beer,for example the new plaza off 2nd road opposite soi 7.

They are always busy and no shortage of pretty bg's

If you have US$ you'll get about 35.5 baht to the $ up 3/4 in the last 6mo. but I agree the

I agree; Thai economics rules : Raise prices to make up for a shortfall of punters.. :HaHaHa1:

Wine improves with age. The older I get the better I like it.

You only as old as the girl you feel.

In Pattaya, your her customer not her boyfriend.

Well,

According to Bangkok Bank it's a little over 3500 Bht now. ( 3513 ) 28th Nov.

So it should be enough for a evening of drinking, Bf and LT with a decent TG.

If they did maths like that when I was at school I would have taken more interest!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

We just have to hope the finance crise hits Thailand soon, so we get better exchange rates. With the rates that are now prices have raised by 27%, thats alot. Dont know if this regards all currence, but it has for me..

• 4 weeks later...