IGNORED

US prepares to cede key role for internet

News Bandit

WASHINGTON - The US government is set to cut the final thread of its oversight of the internet, yielding a largely symbolic but nevertheless significant role over the online address system.

View the full article

unbelievably stupid, someone taking it over could really fuck the system up. America invented it adn should keep it going, but then Obama is trying to fuck up america as much as he can and doing a good job

might not be handled the best now, but it works okay and we know what we got

unbelievably stupid, someone taking it over could really fuck the system up. America invented it adn should keep it going, but then Obama is trying to fuck up america as much as he can and doing a good job

I wouldn't worry about it. 40+ years old technology. Just goes to show how behind the rest of the world is.

According to the article "the change will have no impact on day-to-day internet use, and will assure the global community that the system is free from government regulation and interference.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the government stay out of my internet use, oh wait, you're one of those guys that love to whine about Obama any chance you get....never mind.

So basically ICANN continues its work but just says it has no links to the US Govt although it will still base itself in Caledonia?

Bill Gates is not helping especially with Win 10

Archived