IGNORED

Train Muay Thai

bigflo

Some guys might recommend one particular gym, but there is no reason to hassle round to get to that particular gym on the very opposite side of town when there are 10 Gyms closer to your hotel. Tell me where you stay and we might tell some Gyms not too far.

I train at Sor Klimnee its the best I have found for Muay Thai, but it depends on the trainer!  I go to Chiang mai to train also.

But it depends on your location,  there is a new one called Venum (after the brand)  its on Soi kao pai. All the trainers from my home gym moved to this one.  They have the best equipped gym.  They also do boxing sessions on Wednesday at 7.30 pm.

I used Tiger Muay Thai gym near tony's also. If you want to join me i start training most days between 6-7 am at sor klimnee. check google maps, its on east Pattaya, if i was you, i would train near where you are staying. I trained at golden glory before but I live too far away.

Thanks for your help fellows!

I am always stay in Soi LENKEE in the Retox bar from Simon!

Its no problem for me to drive around i always rent a Motorbike.

Sounds great LaaMok, would be great when we can arrange something, i love to do my cardo training in the morning befor breakfast.

Thanks for your help fellows!

Best whises from austria!

I have had a few sessions on around half of the Gyms in town, including three of the four LaaMook mentions. IMO they are all more or less the same. You will get sweat no matter which gym you choose. And btw, there is no obligation to choose a gym before you start, just take a drop in lesson at a few Gyms, usually at 300 baht. Then you will find out where you like the most. Sor Klimnee is a bit too far away from me to do regular gym there and not a fan of crossing Sukhumvit road either.

If you're looking for a pure MT trip, away from Pattaya's many temptations, have a look at https://www.kombatgroup.comabout 20 mins away from downtown.

I trained there for about 6 months and thought is was excellent, but it's really for people looking for hardcore training and not much else...

Great thread 'mi staying at Areca Lodge so i figure ill train at fairtex and do some extra pad work on the side at twin tiger since it so close. However since im not lock in at Areca for my whole trip i can move closer to a gym if i don't like fairtex Venum seems to have a pretty good program.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this post and the replies. I was looking for the same thing.

I will be in town in December. I like the sound of Venum, so I will check that one out. My son (20 yr) and I are travelling together and we are looking for a good gym/workout.

Thanks all. I'll ping some people before we arrive, maybe we can meet up.

• 1 month later...

Some guys might recommend one particular gym, but there is no reason to hassle round to get to that particular gym on the very opposite side of town when there are 10 gyms closer to your hotel. Tell me where you stay and we might tell some gyms not too far.

Agreed, Could anyone recommend something closer to Walking Street as I would be staying close to WS?

Agreed, Could anyone recommend something closer to walking street as I would be staying close to WS?

I believe it is called Scorpion. It is on soi Norway ( theppraya soi 15) about 2/3 the way down on the left hand side. Small place. right on the baht bus route so should be pretty convenient

I believe it is called Scorpion. It is on soi Norway ( theppraya soi 15) about 2/3 the way down on the left hand side. Small place. right on the baht bus route so should be pretty convenient

That one is called Golden Glory Muay Thai Gym.

That one is called Golden Glory Muay Thai Gym.

Ok cool, thanks for the updated info!

I train at Sor Klimnee its the best I have found for Muay Thai, but it depends on the trainer!  I go to Chiang mai to train also.

But it depends on your location,  there is a new one called Venum (after the brand)  its on Soi kao pai. All the trainers from my home gym moved to this one.  They have the best equipped gym.  They also do boxing sessions on Wednesday at 7.30 pm.

I used Tiger muay thai gym near tony's also. If you want to join me i start training most days between 6-7 am at sor klimnee. check google maps, its on east Pattaya, if i was you, i would train near where you are staying. I trained at golden glory before but I live too far away.

Where on soi Kor Pai? I live there and have never seen it. Is it off the main soi?

• 2 weeks later...

They finally have a good sign up. Venom is on koh pai soi 12 not too far from Thepprasit

Yes, but only on selected gyms.

Is there any Gyms in Pattaya for this?

Also how many days do you have to attend a week?

Archived