IGNORED

Thai Baht

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Went out to Sainsbury's Supermarket this morning as i do every Saturday to do my

weekly shop and was shocked to see at the Travel Money Bureau the Thai Baht has

now slumped to only 41.20 baht to the pound.

With only 2 weeks to my next trip to Pattaya it's very disappointing to see the Thai Baht

this low although in Pattaya i believe it's about 44.50.

It's the first time for years i have not brought Thai Baht here in the UK in readyness for

my trip to Pattaya, it's a good job i brought back 3000 baht from my last trip in May at

least that will get me to Pattaya in 2 weeks times

Cannot see any recovery in the Thai Baht for the foreseeable future while Brexit hangs

over us so will have to make sure i again bring back Thai Baht for my trip next May.

How's everyone else coping with the low rates and does it effect how you spend your

money now in Pattaya in other words do you cut back on any pleasure's.

Yes the rates aren't good at the moment but The rate you will get in the UK will always be worse than what you can get on the streets of Pattaya.

I think Most people wait until they get to Pattaya before exchanging money.

When i came back in May this year i brought Thai Baht online at No 1 currency which normally

is very good and i managed to get 51 Thai baht and was only 1 baht less then the rate in

Pattaya at 52, but now even at No 1 Currency and i have just checked the online rate is 43.71

again only 1 baht less than in Pattaya now which is about 44.70.

I thought sterling was picking up slowly after Brexit but appears to be retracing to previous lows. I will book my next flight as soon as sterling reaches about 50 baht. I have no doubt that this will be achieved in the very near future.

I thought sterling was picking up slowly after Brexit but appears to be retracing to previous lows. I will book my next flight as soon as sterling reaches about 50 baht. I have no doubt that this will be achieved in the very near future.

Think you may have a long wait.

Hi Guys

Went out to Sainsbury's Supermarket this morning as i do every Saturday to do my

weekly shop and was shocked to see at the Travel Money Bureau the Thai Baht has

now slumped to only 41.20 baht to the pound.

With only 2 weeks to my next trip to Pattaya it's very disappointing to see the Thai Baht

this low although in Pattaya i believe it's about 44.50.

It's the first time for years i have not brought Thai Baht here in the UK in readyness for

my trip to Pattaya, it's a good job i brought back 3000 baht from my last trip in May at

least that will get me to Pattaya in 2 weeks times

Cannot see any recovery in the Thai Baht for the foreseeable future while Brexit hangs

over us so will have to make sure i again bring back Thai Baht for my trip next May.

How's everyone else coping with the low rates and does it effect how you spend your

money now in Pattaya in other words do you cut back on any pleasure's.it's not te thai baht

It's not the Thai baht that's slumped it's the pound.  :hello09:

keeping the dream alive !!!

Hi Rainsberger, If your coming to Pattaya for 3-4 weeks only you should never change your money in the U.K. Just bring cash and exchange in Pattaya , will save you heaps. 

Cheers wangotango  :GoldenSmile1:

Hi Rainsberger, If your coming to Pattaya for 3-4 weeks only you should never change your money in the U.K. Just bring cash and exchange in Pattaya , will save you heaps. 

Cheers wangotango  :GoldenSmile1:

Have before because it was a good rate, but most certainly will not this trip in under 2 weeks time

as i have enough to get me to Pattaya before changing any money.

The Pound is still falling further hope the baht does not go under 44 going to have to cut out a few

pleasure's.

Have before because it was a good rate, but most certainly will not this trip in under 2 weeks time

as i have enough to get me to Pattaya before changing any money.

The Pound is still falling further hope the baht does not go under 44 going to have to cut out a few

pleasure's.

best we can hope for is the baht to slide, but doesn't look likely any time soon 

Archived