Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is Hotel Baraquda Girl Friendly?

georges

very gf. definitely recommend. wouldn't bother with ABF in the rate though. many options nearby for cheap.

very gf. definitely recommend. wouldn't bother with ABF in the rate though. many options nearby for cheap. as for the 2nd girl, check the hotel’s terms and conditions - you book a room for two, they will charge the 3rd unless she's a "visitor"

Yes.

10 nights there 14 girls came to my room.

You have to come & get them & let them out as the lifts only work with the room swipe key/fob.

Jack.

Yes it's definately girl friendly. I stayed there for 12 nights ( July 2016)

I had no issues with this hotel though, but I'm buggered why it's rated so highly.

Buffet breakfast is about standard and adequate if you can get it cheap enough.

I managed to get a good deal at the time - around £450 incl breakfast for 2 for 12 nights and I still don't rave about the place

Do the rooms here have a decent view? It's not that important for me, but it would be nice. Also, would you guys recommend this or the Marriott? From what I see online, I guess the Marriott rooms don't have hottubs which is what attracted me to the Baraquda. But again, lack of hottub isn't too much of a downer.

If you had to chill for a few hours during the day with or without a girl, which would you pick?

Do the rooms here have a decent view? It's not that important for me, but it would be nice. Also, would you guys recommend this or the Marriott? From what I see online, I guess the Marriott rooms don't have hottubs which is what attracted me to the Baraquda. But again, lack of hottub isn't too much of a downer. If you had to chill for a few hours during the day with or without a girl, which would you pick?

Mine was a standard room with a semi decent view of the pool - semi view of pool if looking down otherwise semi view of palm tree leaves outside my room

Also pool was decent but lots of pesky flies

Hot tubs? you must be thinking of the suites, no tubs in standard room but a very decent shower though

Marriott, I know nothing about, I've never stayed there

Do the rooms here have a decent view? It's not that important for me, but it would be nice. Also, would you guys recommend this or the Marriott? From what I see online, I guess the Marriott rooms don't have hottubs which is what attracted me to the Baraquda. But again, lack of hottub isn't too much of a downer. If you had to chill for a few hours during the day with or without a girl, which would you pick?

If you talking about ocean/sea view, sorry no. Except if you stay in the 2 floor suites facing second road, you see a little ocean/sea there.

Marriott will not be a Marriott anymore from November. It will become Avani. If you mean "bathtub", all of the rooms/suites I have stayed in the main building have bathtubs! The terrace suites in the second building have shower and a separate bathtub. 

They are two different kind of hotels. Marriott is kind of Thai style and large hotel. Baraquda is a modern and small hotel. If you only want to "chill for a few hours", you could do it in both.

Thanks Matrix. I thought the Baraquda suites had a hot tub. But you're right they just look like a large bath. I think I'll hold out for a bit to find out the Girl Friendliness situation with the Avani.

Thanks Matrix. I thought the Baraquda suites had a hot tub. But you're right they just look like a large bath. I think I'll hold out for a bit to find out the Girl Friendliness situation with the Avani.

The Baraquda suites do have hot tubs.

The Marriott is a much better hotel in my opinion. Breakfast is better. Pool is very nice. The rooms are smaller but more functionally. The Baraquda rooms really have no view. The Marriott / Avani can have some nice view depending if you have ocean view versus inner garden view. The interior landscape of the Marriott is very nice. It makes you feel like you are in a little quiet paradise.

Under the Marriott label, the hotel is girl friendly. Can't say what will happen with it becomes an Avani...

Now, note that the Marriott typically is more expensive per night than the Baraquda. Especially with the major sales that Accorhotels give on this property. If price difference doesn't bother you I would choose the Marriott.

Just a side note : The hot tubs in the suites take forever to fill up, but are pretty nice once they do fill up.

• 4 months later...

Yes it's definately girl friendly. I stayed there for 12 nights ( July 2016)

I had no issues with this hotel though, but I'm buggered why it's rated so highly.

Buffet breakfast is about standard and adequate if you can get it cheap enough.

I managed to get a good deal at the time - around £450 incl breakfast for 2 for 12 nights and I still don't rave about the place

Sorry for reviving an old thread, where and when did you make the booking? I might book Baraquda for July 2017 but right now the best deal with breakfast is about £433 for 5 nights on Agoda. Most hotel prices seem to be slowly going down for July though, so I'm looking for suggestion about the best time to make my booking.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, where and when did you make the booking? I might book Baraquda for July 2017 but right now the best deal with breakfast is about £433 for 5 nights on Agoda. Most hotel prices seem to be slowly going down for July though, so I'm looking for suggestion about the best time to make my booking.

Book directly with Accor. I just use Accor apps in my phone to search 5 days in July. Without breakfast 315. With breakfast 390.

20. February will start a sale for SEA Accor hotels with 40% off, I think you have to be a Member. May be worth to wait and check if Baraquda takes part of it. 

I just checked again. 5 days in July dropped to 236 GBP (no breakfast) because of that 40% off sales!

What's the deal with the resort fees? When I book via Expedia, they pre-deduct 1000/day resort fee in the rate? Yet the Accor site has no mention of this. Can anyone confirm the resort fee and what it is for?

What's the deal with the resort fees? When I book via Expedia, they pre-deduct 1000/day resort fee in the rate? Yet the Accor site has no mention of this. Can anyone confirm the resort fee and what it is for?

I have stayed in Baraquda and also when it was Dusit D2 for total of 10+ times. They have never charged me any "resort fee"! I have never heard of any hotels in Thailand charge that! Only some hotels in the States have that. I guess you better check with Expedia.

Resort fees are definitely a hot topic - here's a recent post by The Points Guy regarding mandatory resort fees ...

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/01/we-hate-resort-fees/

Need hotel suggestions?  Free, non-judgmental help available HERE with over 1,100 rooms within 1 mile of the Pattaya nightlife districts covered.  Results tuned to your exact specifications.

Down for Maintenance as of 11/8/2017.

Map Links and Joiner Policy Repository access information here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjbngew8ss1a6q0/mapLinks.pdf?dl=0

20. February will start a sale for SEA Accor Hotels with 40% off, I think you have to be a Member. May be worth to wait and check if Baraquda takes part of it. 

I just checked again. 5 days in July dropped to 236 GBP (no breakfast) because of that 40% off sales!

Thank you guys! Any idea when does the sale end? Not ideal when a sale starts too soon, I can confirm my trip dates in late March/April, could maybe try and confirm it within the next 2 weeks but it will be risky.

Edit: Sale's from 20-26 February for 1 April 17 to 31 March 18. Any idea if this is a once-a-year sale or is there another one coming in a few months?

Stayed already few times in the Baraquda and will be there again next week. hotel has friendly staff and is girl friendly as well, ID is mandatory.

I always book trhoguh the Accor group website, the only way to get the points for the Club Accor Card, this is normally always the cheapest rate as well. They have these special sales a few times a year 

Thank you guys! Any idea when does the sale end? Not ideal when a sale starts too soon, I can confirm my trip dates in late March/April, could maybe try and confirm it within the next 2 weeks but it will be risky.

Edit: Sale's from 20-26 February for 1 April 17 to 31 March 18. Any idea if this is a once-a-year sale or is there another one coming in a few months?

Accor does have several sales over the year but it does cover mostly shorter periods (not for one year like this). Imho it's worth to be a member (does not cost anything) and you get better informations from Accor. One thing is the private sale, witch comes up very often, so worth to check from time to time. 

ZHRuser already answered your question. Join Accor is free or you could pay about 200 EUR to join Accor Plus. You get a free night each year and 10% discount. Discount on food and drink also. You also get the special sales ahead of the other Accor members.

Archived