Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

UK guy - How to get visa for 2 months in Pattaya

rob63

I have UK passport and want to stay 2 months in Pattaya, Thailand. The visa waiver for UK nationals is 30 days.

If you have done this before, please tell me how you did it. For example if I was asked the same question about Angeles, Philippines my answer would be.

1. Fly into Philippines with a valid onward travel ticket (no visa required)
  2. Get visa extension 25 -28 days after arrival in Philippines
  3. Go to Visa office at Marquee mall (best time late afternoon and avoid Mondays)
  4. Have passport + 5,000 pesos in your pocket (cost approx. 2500 -3500 pesos)
  5. Total time to get visa extension 30 minutes

The above is an example of a succinct reply I am requesting. Let’s not get into a debate about Philippines visa extension. I am requesting, the most efficient way to stay in Thailand for 60 days.

Please don’t post links to other sites. I have read quite a few already.

The simple answer is to get a tourist visa before you depart for Thailand. This visa allow you to stay for 60 days.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Another option is to get in with a visa waiver . Few days before it ends go to immigration 

Jomtien to get a 30 day extension for 1900Bht . 

Another option is to get in with a visa waiver . Few days before it ends go to immigration 

Jomtien to get a 30 day extension for 1900Bht . 

Unless it is a real hassle for someone to get a tourist visa before going I don't know why anyone would plan to fuck around with extensions. Also it then makes the option of staying a little longer than 60 days a real hassle as you would need to do a border run.

A tourist visa in Australia costs about 1150 Baht.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Just apply to a Consulate in the UK, ime Hull is very helpful, well they were to me. 

Print off the form you need  from the thai embassy website and send off with a couple of passport photos, postal order, self addressed envelope and passport, got mine back within a week. All info you need costs etc is on website.

You can get a tourist visa for 60 days by applying to the Thai consulate in Hull.The contact details are below.

http://www.thai-consulate.net/tourist-visa-for-thailand.html

Royal Thai Consulate in Hull Royal Thai Consulate in Hull Priory Court, Saxon Way Priory Park West Hessle, HULL HU13 9PB   Tel: +44 (0) 1482 581668 Fax: +44 (0) 1482 628877 Email: [email protected]

Only the Thai Consulate in London do postal now. You can go in person to Hull if you like ... Best 2 things out of Hull, The Housemartins and the A63

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The OP is displaying an Aussie flag so details for getting a visa in the UK may not be relevant.

The OP is displaying an Aussie flag so details for getting a visa in the UK may not be relevant.

The OP doesn't state where he is located.

90% of his post is about the Philippines. Maybe he's in the PI.

The OP doesn't state where he is located.

90% of his post is about the Philippines. Maybe he's in the PI.

Yeah that is my point but I suspect that he isn't in the UK.

A 1 month extension is 1900 at immigration jomtien.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Apologies to all. I forgot to explicitly state that I am based in Philippines.

I decided just to buy a one way ticket to Thailand for 6000 pesos. I'll buy a 1,000 peso ticket to Laos for proof of onward travel. The Laos ticket will be thrown away. I'll get an extension at the Jomtien office and buy a ticket back to Philippines while I am in Thailand.

The throw away Laos ticket is irritating, but with my limited knowledge, is a necessary evil.

Apologies to all. I forgot to explicitly state that I am based in Philippines.

I decided just to buy a one way ticket to Thailand for 6000 pesos. I'll buy a 1,000 peso ticket to Laos for proof of onward travel. The Laos ticket will be thrown away. I'll get an extension at the Jomtien office and buy a ticket back to Philippines while I am in Thailand.

The throw away Laos ticket is irritating, but with my limited knowledge, is a necessary evil.

Maybe you know better, but bear in mind that it can be a problem flying to PI on a one way....perhaps you have a visa there which covers that.

I thought I read elsewhere that you could get an SETV in PI to visit Thailand?

Archived