Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best value in town?

pattayagolfer

My vote goes to the Rock Kitchen. Great food at very reasonable prices. No AC, maybe 4 to 5 tables. Ambience, sorry, not happening.

It's a bit out of the way for some, located on Soi Khopai just off soi 9. Soi Khopai is about 500 meters east (toward Sukhumvit) of Third road & goes between Pattaya Tai & Thepprasit. GPS 12.915923, 100.886375. Phone number 081 352 9074 

The chef is thai-aussie - trained in Australia. She's really good. It's fairly new, open about 9 months or so. Most communication by the restaurant is done by facebook. Hours 1 pm to 10 pm, closed mondays

https://www.facebook.com/The-Rock-Kitchen-186546091719082/ 

I have no interest in the restaurant except I'm a huge fan & frequent customer for many months. Food taste has fluctuated between good & fantastic, the bruschetta is always special, the dips can be amazing. The vegetable purees can be outstanding, the pesto is always a winner. Fish cakes today were great.

They usually have a special, it's almost always great value.

My 2nd choice would be Suggestions on the dark side. Always great lunches for 295 baht.

rk bruschetta 80.jpg

rk burger 195.jpg

rk pan grilled cod 120.jpg

rock kitchen 1.jpg

rock kitchen 2.jpg

I dunno but with so much great street food at 50 baht I am loathe to go to restaurants.  And def eating local.

Where is Suggestions located on the darkside?

Suggestions is on Map Yai Lia 28, GPS 12.918064, 100.928146. If you come down Noen Plub Wan from Sukhumvit (4-5 km), turn right on Map Yai Lia 28 (1 km)

Belgium chef, excellent food, superb lunch specials at 295 baht for 3 courses. Open 11:30 Tues-Sun. They are open for dinner as well, not sure when they close.

Check their facebook page for latest specials.

https://www.facebook.com/suggestionspattaya/

Lunchmenu this week :

Creamy mushroom soup
Salad with bacon, apple and yellow curry dressing
Fresh crab cocktail
xxx
Barracuda fillet creamy sauce and mashed potatoes and peas 
Pork medallion ‘grand-mere’on a bed provencale vegetables garlic potatoes
Duck confit with honey rosemary sauce and sautee potatoes 
xxx
Peache Malbec 
Dessert royale ( red fruit, custard, mirengue)

Only 295,- 
Extra pate 30,-

This week suggestions from the chef :

Terrine salmon and smoked salmon + toast 
Tuna tartare , toast wasabi 
US scallops , truffle sauce on a bed of mushrooms 
Grilled tuna steak with morrels sauce 
Duck breast & duck confit with gratin dauphinoise 
Argentina Tenderlioin with choise of sauce and potatoes 
Cod fillet & scallops with beurre blanc on garden peas mashed

I would have gone to this place for lunch, looked good and was trying to figure out exactly where it was and see they open 1pm for lunch, how silly, pass

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, The Rock Kitchen has closed. A real shame, the chef was great. 

Unfortunately, The Rock Kitchen has closed. A real shame, the chef was great. 

Kamon is a great chef and I wish her and her family all the best in Surin!  For those who don't know her father "Rock RIP" he was an Old Skool Pattaya Expat and Vietnam Vet who had the smarts to move back to Australia and give his daughter an education./trade!..

Business owners take note, if you need to employ a great western trained chef (as good as Pim from Voodoo) Kamon is the one!..

post-162227-0-15849100-1480756152.png

Archived