IGNORED

Welcome plaza hotel update

superman1

Hi :GoldenSmile1:

im planning to make a reservation for welcome plaza hotel for march next year, i have read through the sites and there has been a few negative issues such as bugs and decor.

Having said that many are saying that it is int he process of renovation and the rooms that have been redocorate are great. Has anyone stayed there recently and can tell me the current situation of the building works.

Also is there in room safes for the junior suite. Any information and updates would be very helpful.

Thanks

You could email them direct. They have an email page on their website. It takes about a week sometimes for them to get back to you.

There was a recent thread on this site about the very topic you raise, but not many hot-off-the-press answers.

Ive booked the Junior Suite, but I wont be their till March.

I think, for the money, we cant be toooo picky, but if it is a problem, I will be making sure I get a refurbished room

I think it was on Trip Advisor site was saying that many of the floors were under renovation in June 08. They will prob have this all done (or most) for the high season.

But then again, TIT !!!

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed the hotel regarding their refurbishment programme and asked if it will be completed by March 2009.

This was their reply (verbatim) :

"Please be informed that now we have continue renovation some floor and some room.

First we try to change every room from carpet to tile and make paint new.

So I can not confirm you that we will finish for renovation on March or not"

If anyone one the board who has been there recently, would you mind giving an update on the renovation programme (is it much different from before) and is there much noise during the day from the workmen ?

Cheers

This thread has got me thinking.

I now stay at the "Welcome Plaza" evert time I stay in Pattaya. And I normally visit Pattaya twice a year.

I was staying at the "Welcome Plaza" last Christmas/New Year. Whilst at the hotel I booked a "Junior Suite" for July/August of this year. And I paid a deposit. When I arrived at the hotel in July they couldnt put me in a junior suite because of refurbishmnet. So they put me in a deluxe room. The deluxe room was OK because it was a big room just like the junior suite but unlike the junior suite it didnt have a balcony.

Anyway whilst I was staying at the hotel during July/August I booked a "Junior Suite" for this Christmas/New Year. A couple of days before I left Pattaya for home I tried to pay for my Junior Suite room that I've got booked for later this month. If you look at there website it says that because Christmas/new Year is a peak time for Pattaya the hotel insists that you pay for the room in full in advance. Pay all 100 per cent of the cost in full. I had a big wad of money in my hand but the girl on reception wouldnt take the full amount of me. She just asked for a 1700 baht deposit. The girl on reception didnt give a reason why she only wanted a deposit. At the time I just asumed it was because I was a regular and valued customer. So I went away happy.

Looking at this thread I'm beginning to think that when I turn up at the hotel later this month. The hotel might not have a Junior Suite for me and will have allocated a deluxe room(or standard) to me instead. And this could be the reason why the girl on reception only took a deposit off me. I could end up in a cheaper room. If this is the case then I wont be happy and I might just have a word with the manager. hotel rooms always go up at Christmas/New Year which I accept but if I book a Junior Suite room I should be allocated a junior suite.

Ive booked a Junior Suite for March, and like you, they did not want payment (even though this is still in their high season calendar).

I emailed them back after the one I posted above asking if the Junior Suite has completed its refurbishment, but they have not replied to this.

Would you mind replying here (or PMing me) to see if the Junior Suites are completed and if there is substantial noise going on during the day (I can sometimes turn nocturnal once Im in the Pattaya flow!).

Thanks

As mentioned in my previous reply. In July/August I had a junior suite booked but on arrival they allocated me a deluxe room because my junior suite room was being renovated/refurbished. If I remember correctly I didnt have any disturbed sleeps even though they had workmen renovating the rooms.

Some public areas did look untidy because of the workmen re-decorating public areas etc etc.

I also mentioned that I have got a junior suite booked for later this month. And I was only asked to pay a deposit for this room. Normally as Christmas/New Year is a peak period the hotel wants the room paid for in full in advance of your stay.

So I became worried that on arrival at the hotel I might not be allocated a junior suite. So last night I sent the hotel an e-mail. In the e-mail I asked if I am going to be allocated a junior Suite or not. I have copied and pasted there reply below

Yes, We have renovate some room and some floor.

I had already reserved room with a Junior Suite on 18 Dec. - 04 Jan. 2009.

Also I will try to assign a reovated room for you.

They were very quick in reply. I didnt expect a quick reply. So it looks like I will be staying in one of the junior suites. And hopefully the hotel shouldnt be to noisey.

The only thing I'm not happy about is that when I arrive at the hotel the room is going to be more expensive. In August when I tried to pay for the room the exchange rate was about 66/67 baht to the english £ but the exchange rate now is about 52 to the £