Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Non O Visa renewal in different passport

Geordie59

My passport containing my Non O / Retirement visa is almost full. I have a 2nd passport that is only half full. 
Does anyone know if I can renew the visa in a different passport or will it classed a new application.

Been there, done that. 

Step 1: visit Immigration to have the Retirement Visa/Extension of Stay transferred to 'new' passport. Takes up three pages with rubber stamps galore.

Step 2: Extend retirement visa as usual when the expiry date approaches.

My passport containing my Non O / Retirement visa is almost full. I have a 2nd passport that is only half full. 

Does anyone know if I can renew the visa in a different passport or will it classed a new application.

I just brought my full passport with the Visa and my new empty passport  . No questions asked when i presented both .to Thai immigration.

Not sure how it works when you have one almost full and another half full . 

Thanks. Good to hear it from someone who has actually done it.

Been there, done that. 

Step 1: visit Immigration to have the Retirement Visa/Extension of Stay transferred to 'new' passport. Takes up three pages with rubber stamps galore.

Step 2: Extend retirement visa as usual when the expiry date approaches.

Complete this form first:

transferstamp.doc

You need to make clear whether your second passport is:

1. A new passport which replaces the first one. This means the first one is cancelled and only the second is currently valid.

or

2. A second completely separate passport such as for dual nationality. Both passports currently valid.

The advice being given is for case one but I think you are actually saying you have two valid passports (i.e. dual nationality). When you get a new passport through one of the embassies here they normally give you a letter for you to give to immigration asking them to transfer any relevant stamps.

If you have two valid passports from two countries they won't do it.

or

3. a second valid passport from your own country.

Very frequent for people who travel a lot to have 2 passports,

because of the delay to get visa in some embassies.

or

3. a second valid passport from your own country.

Very frequent for people who travel a lot to have 2 passports,

because of the delay to get visa in some embassies.

What countries would allow its citizens to have two? Seems ripe for fraud.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

What countries would allow its citizens to have two? Seems ripe for fraud.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

The US does under certain circumstances.

Extensive travel that would allow you to have one passport being sent out for a visa while still being able to travel on the second one.

Also if you need to frequently travel to both Israel and Arab countries.

In my case both are British passports.
It is quite common for us to be allowed two for the reasons given above. This is especially relevant for oilfield workers who can fill a 60 page passport in 2-3 years, work on rotation so need to keep travelling for work while the 2nd passport is renewed which may take over a month or maybe work in Israel or the Arab Middle East where for instance a stamp from Israel will get you banned from Arab countries.

• 2 weeks later...

This can be transferred quite easily at immigration.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Long story but took my new passport and the old expired one to immigration to have the visa stamp transfered to new passport.  Staff at immigration demanded that I paid for it but I knew it was a free service, they would not give me back my passports still demanding money from me.  I walked out, went home which is a long way away and then received a telephone call to say my passport was ready for collection!  Went back about a week later to collect both passports and did not pay them anything.  Each immigration office seems to make up their own rules!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

At least it does seem simple. I assume that was in Udon Thani.
When I tried in the UK the Glasgow consulate said it was not possible. I tried calling the London Embassy but they didn't pick up the phone. After a week of trying at different times of the day I gave up.
I need to go to immigration at Jomtien for something else next week so will ask them when I am there.

At least it does seem simple. I assume that was in Udon Thani.

When I tried in the UK the Glasgow consulate said it was not possible. I tried calling the London Embassy but they didn't pick up the phone. After a week of trying at different times of the day I gave up.

I need to go to immigration at Jomtien for something else next week so will ask them when I am there.

It was in Udon Thani.  Don`t know if it makes any difference but mine was just a straight transfer from passport about to expire to the new replacement one.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived