IGNORED

German Businessman jumps to his death from View Talay 1.

LaaMok

Saturday 8th November 2008

German Businessman jumps to his death from View Talay 1.

Just before daybreak on Saturday, Police Lieutenant Anuwat from Pattaya Police Station was called to View Talay Condominium 1 located on the Thappraya Road leading to Jomtien Beach to investigate a suspected suicide. At the base of the building lay the body of Mr. Michael Ulrich Schwingenschlogel aged 52 from Germany. Trauma injuries suggested he had fallen from a high floor at the condominium block. The body was identified by his Thai Wife, Khun Suana aged 42 who was understandably distraught after witnessing her Husband’s suicide. She explained to Police that they had been married for 5 years and the deceased ran a condo rental business in Pattaya which was not going very well. This led him to drink heavily on a regular basis. In the early hours of Saturday Morning, the pair had gone to a bar located on the ground floor of the building. Mr. Ulrich made his way back to his 5th floor apartment alone, leaving his Wife downstairs. It appears that Mr. Ulrich made his way to the 16th floor and jumped off the building and his body fell in front of the bar and in front of his Wife. Forensic evidence has been taken from 16th floor and Police are satisfied this was indeed a suicide. The German Embassy in Bangkok has been informed of the death and are currently conducting their own investigation into the death.

http://pattayaone.net/news/2008/november/news_08_11_51.shtml

Too many farangs seem to die in Thailand.

Much of the time it seems it's girl related.

I read that his suicide was due to poor business, and can only feel sorry for his family.

Lets hope the exchange rate moves to improve the Thai Tourist Economy to the benefit of all!

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!

I didn't know him and it is pretty sad situation. What a shock to his wife and the bar when he lands right in the front on the ground. It sounds like alchohol brought the most problems for him. My wife (Ming) said she heard that he also owed another Farrang money (EURO 6,500 or 65,000) and others to buy a bunch of condos and rent them out.

Edited by BangkapiBoy

• 4 weeks later...

Really sorry to hear about this. I rented a condo from him in the past. Surprising thing is that he was always packed during high season. I thought he was doing okay and probably much better than others.

There something about farangs coming to Thailand that makes them think they can fly... Personally, I think it's one of 3 things... 1) They run out of money, 2) Ripped or fucked-over by a TG, 3) and my favorite, they are pushed...