IGNORED

Pattaya Country Club

farcanal

Just returned from 2 weeks of golf in August.

Played Pattaya C.C. for the first time in a couple of years and bloody disappointed.

Serious lack of water has made the fairways dry and rock hard. I'm no expert so I'm not sure how they can fix this.

Every other course we played on was green and lush with a combination of retic and natural rain, so what's going on at PCC?

Nice clubhouse, very friendly staff and caddies but unless they can grow some grass they may find no one will want to go there.

On the plus side we played Eastern Star for the first time and we're suitably impressed....definitely going back there.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Hasn't been good for ages.Last time out there,got shittered,and had to push one of our carts home with the other cart for the last four holes.

15 years ago,we used to shred the place.

Great four hole home stretch

Hasn't been good for ages.Last time out there,got shittered,and had to push one of our carts home with the other cart for the last four holes.

15 years ago,we used to shred the place.

Great four hole home stretch

We started going there just before the new clubhouse was finished......and we've been twice since it was opened.

I thought once that was completed they would start on improving the course, sadly it seems to be clay based and they don't appear to have a decent water supply so until they can establish that (water) and then maybe pour tons of gypsum over the whole course to break down the clay (Western Australian farmers have been doing this for years) it's never going to be any good. Too many better options all around Pattaya.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

We started going there just before the new clubhouse was finished......and we've been twice since it was opened.

I thought once that was completed they would start on improving the course, sadly it seems to be clay based and they don't appear to have a decent water supply so until they can establish that (water) and then maybe pour tons of gypsum over the whole course to break down the clay (Western Australian farmers have been doing this for years) it's never going to be any good. Too many better options all around Pattaya.

Yep.

Fantastic layout though.A shame.

Archived