Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cost of changing breaking pads on motorbike?

learningthaihelp

Does anybody know how much should I expect to pay for changing breaking pads on motorbike? Just front wheel. Material + work. Its 125ccm scooter, if its any relevant.

Just want to know if their will try to rip me off...I have no idea how much should I expect.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

Drums or discs?

Disc pads can be replaced in about 5 minutes flat if you've done it before, so my guess would be about 50 baht plus parts

Drums take a bit longer, but not much, as you need to drop the front wheel. But again, only 10 minutes work.

Why don't you give it a go yourself? Very few tools required and one of the simplest jobs you could try.

GeeMan

Drums or discs?

Disc pads can be replaced in about 5 minutes flat if you've done it before, so my guess would be about 50 baht plus parts

Drums take a bit longer, but not much, as you need to drop the front wheel. But again, only 10 minutes work.

Why don't you give it a go yourself? Very few tools required and one of the simplest jobs you could try.

GeeMan

Disc.

I dont have any tools... .

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

• 8 months later...

20 baht in the village to change the OEM pads for sintered on my R3.  Needed a big Torx key.

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 9/1/2016 at 5:22 PM, learningthaihelp said:

I just paid 720 Baht.

Wow, 720 for a 125 cc?  You got ripped off.  My Yamaha is a 135 Nouvo, and I pay about 100-120 to get new brakes installed, but to be fair I speak a fair amount of Thai and the DS shop owner and I have had a few drinks of Sang Som now and again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived