IGNORED

All fishing trips,no matter where.

Skalliwag

On the back of bigbill's thread,would like to start a thread just dedicated to fishing.

No matter where you are.

Weblo,bigbill and others I know of,like me,love fishing.

Don't care where you are,let us know,post your pics of your fish,gear etc.

A thread for true,fish loving guys like me.

I lost all my fishing gear when my grandfather passed away, the rest of my family took it all under the assumption they were his, a real shame he used to hand make all our rods absolute quality stuff

I will start it off.

Went up to Eagle Nook resort three times this year.

http://www.eaglenook.com/.

Owned by a bunch of Americans from Seattle,good friends of mine manage and guide out of there.

Any ways,a bunch of pics of fish and boats for those interested.Fishing for salmon,halibut and half a dozen species of rock fish.

Love to swap stories.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

trim.81FDEA85-FCA3-4F52-AAFC-B3A9591EF4E3.MOV

trim.3D319B7E-3FD8-4C51-B12B-CBE9278D0718.MOV

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I lost all my fishing gear when my grandfather passed away, the rest of my family took it all under the assumption they were his, a real shame he used to hand make all our rods absolute quality stuff

My grandad did the same.

Some out of split cane.Or bamboo.

My grandad did the same.

Some out of split cane.Or bamboo.

I used to piss myself laughing when we would be out fishing he would look around to see who was about fishing then say something like "watch this blokes got no fucking clue hes going to break that rod" we would sit and watch sure enough the rod would break they would have a tantrum and toss it then he would rush in and grab it take it home repair it in minutes then tell me the retail value of the rod

I used to piss myself laughing when we would be out fishing he would look around to see who was about fishing then say something like "watch this blokes got no fucking clue hes going to break that rod" we would sit and watch sure enough the rod would break they would have a tantrum and toss it then he would rush in and grab it take it home repair it in minutes then tell me the retail value of the rod

Fond memories of beach fishing for whiting on 9 mile beach as a kid with Gramps and the old man.

Back then,you could drive the Land Cruiser right down on the beach.

Have a fire..great times.

we used to fish a lot of rivers and lakes, matter of fact he loved his fishing that much his ashes were scattered in the nepean river in penrith (syd aus) in a spot that would allow them to be taken down stream passed all the spots we used to fish, same sort of deal we would roll up park right on the bank he would set up camp get a billy boiling fish for our lunch, he used to get frustrated would think i had a nice size fish but for some reason as a little fellow i had this knack for hooking turtles lol

we used to fish a lot of rivers and lakes, matter of fact he loved his fishing that much his ashes were scattered in the nepean river in penrith (syd aus) in a spot that would allow them to be taken down stream passed all the spots we used to fish, same sort of deal we would roll up park right on the bank he would set up camp get a billy boiling fish for our lunch, he used to get frustrated would think i had a nice size fish but for some reason as a little fellow i had this knack for hooking turtles lol

Hahaha,same.And eels.

• 4 months later...

When I has a kid, I'm in my 60s now so I count being in my 20s still a kid, my parents owned property on a lake in Northern WI.  I would spend my summers fishing there. I even had a small 14ft boat with an old 5hp merc.  Sadly I have not gone fishing since the 1970s.  I am seriously thinking about going fishing at least one day on my visit to Thailand in March.

Archived