Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Champions League 2016-17

davidge

image.jpeg

Leicester, Spurs & Arsenal will be very happy with their groups. Man City less so!

All 4 should qualify, but Man City will need to be careful.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Could have been a lot worse from a Leicester point of view,quite happy with that draw, Porto will probably be favourites to top the group,but we like being underdogs.

Not bad places to visit for away games either.

No...would agree with that,no long trips to Eastern Europe.Belgium and Danish beer and a nice glass of port...55

Ludogorets away the week before I come to Thailand  :SoWhat1:

Something like 9000 ground capacity??

Or did I imagine that?

No...would agree with that,no long trips to Eastern Europe.Belgium and Danish beer and a nice glass of port...55

If you get to Porto definitely head for the bars by the Doro river near the big bridge, the port houses opposite offer a welcome glass free when visiting as well.

I know a cracking central hotel in Porto as well if you are going message me for details

Something like 9000 ground capacity??

Or did I imagine that?

Game is in Sofia mate 40,000 I think

Just realised...this will probably be a Jocky and Lloydies free zone  :GoldenSmile1:

If you get to Porto definitely head for the bars by the Doro river near the big bridge, the port houses opposite offer a welcome glass free when visiting as well.

I know a cracking central hotel in Porto as well if you are going message me for details

Game is in Sofia mate 40,000 I think

I'm going to Porto so any hotels info would be great

• 3 weeks later...

This champions league malarkey isn't that difficult 2-0 up already away from home I've just asked my mate who Liverpool are playing tonight when he mentioned beating us 4-1 Saturday

Like most 'neutrals' I'm hoping Leicester do well.

Spurs already regretting playing at Wembley for the dosh.

Arsenal lucky they weren't hammered last night.

Delighted for Brendon Rodgers last night :-)

Watch Man City this year.

Some huge scores in the opening week of the group phase, 7-0, 6-0, 5-0, 4-0, a couple of 3-0's.

I watched the Leicester game in the background while doing my Thai homework and they seemed to play really well.  As a 'neutral' I will definitely be hoping they do well,  Although it pains me to say it ciTeH also sounded very impressive, althoughcouldn't bear to watch it.

Some huge scores in the opening week of the group phase, 7-0, 6-0, 5-0, 4-0, a couple of 3-0's.

I watched the Leicester game in the background while doing my Thai homework and they seemed to play really well.  As a 'neutral' I will definitely be hoping they do well,  Although it pains me to say it ciTeH also sounded very impressive, althoughcouldn't bear to watch it.

Unfortunately I'm not neutral and will watch all Leicester games and the joy of going to Porto a week after I get back from Thailand gives me loads to look forward to after last nights performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Clattenburg covered himself further in glory shite with another craptastic decision.  Ronaldo handball of free kick was criminally not called.

Hell of a game between Celtic and Man City!

3-2 as I type. Don't think it will end that way.

I agree.  Unbelievable game.

3-3 now and there's still over half an hour left.

Flip a coin to see who wins this one.

Edited: I really gave that game the kiss of death.

We must have had the slowest back four ever put out on a football pitch tonight. Zabba, sadly on a rapid decline, Otamendi and kolarov both very slow, and clichy in the same boat as Zabba. All four were absolutely terrible tonight, and that left Fernandihno trying to cover their positions as well as his own. It just happened that most of the team were off their best. Hopefully will improve 100 per cent for sunday against spurs.

Onwards and upwards

Better hope that PSG keeps on struggling.  2nd in the group almost guarantees a round of 16 exit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's assuming they get a result in their last match.  I think it likely Poch just puts out his academy team in the last group stage match.  They have a battle just to stay in top 4 EPL and no one in the EPL wants Europa.

Sing on my own  :Finger5:

Thursday are once again Spursday  :WinkGrin1:

Archived