IGNORED

Investing in Sport - I have a question

blue1878

In the recent Olympics Team GB recorded there highest ever total of medals in modern history.  This is due to the lottery deciding to invest lottery money into sport back in 1992.  Ever since 1992 our Olympic sports (in general) have got better and better.  And team GB are winning more and more medals because of it.

So a lot of sports have improved because of a continued investment of MONEY.

So my question is:  Why is it that English football is going backwards even though football is awash with money.  In the last two major tournements England have been very very poor.

Can anybody explain to me why other sports are improving because of investment but our football is going backwards.

Even at club level we are not as succesful in european competition has we used to be 

Very very starnge

I also think better drug testing has a lot to do with it.

Maybe it's to do with accountability...

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The Olympic athletes have their funding cut if they don't perform and are not payed silly amounts of money just to play, they have to bring back the medals. Footballers are payed way too much , so they don't worry about bringing back a medal too much , food will always be on the table ! Treat em mean , keep em keen ! Then we might start seeing some results, but i can't see it happening any time soon.

Do not see it strange when the Premier League has coaches like David Moyes and the like...

Guys like this are all time losers! How can the players improve when they are being coached by a numpty like Moyes at Sunderland FC...

Then what happens players like Joe Hart - Think and act like they are world class prima donnas...

Joe Hart is a joke goalkeeper as seen and exposed in the Euro Cup when England got trashed by Iceland...

The EPL is full of players who do not have two good feet and cannot head the ball...

Add to this that most are brain dead posers and bling addicts...

All this and more spells FAILURE!!!

The Olympic athletes have their funding cut if they don't perform and are not payed silly amounts of money just to play, they have to bring back the medals. Footballers are payed way too much , so they don't worry about bringing back a medal too much , food will always be on the table ! Treat em mean , keep em keen ! Then we might start seeing some results, but i can't see it happening any time soon.

I agree that the Olympic sportsman and woman will have there funding cut if they don't perform BUT the reason they are performing better now than years ago is because they want to do well and they now have the investment to reach there potential.  The money available allows them to train better.  Allows them to  use the best equipment. Have access to people who can advice them on correct diets etc etc

Football has for a long time now had a lot of money available to clubs so that they can train footballers properly.  Managers and coach's can go on proper training courses.  Training grounds now have state of the art training facilities etc etc.  So it seems strange that we seem unable to produce enough world class footballers so that we can compete well in the major tounements

Very true , hope the committee had a look on your open post and invest £300 million to United ... :)

Well, your national team is a failure because the FA calls up the marketable players instead of the good players. For example how many players from Leicester were starters in the national team? ZERO. Yet Wayne Rooney had a guaranteed spot in the team, despite not playing well last year and not being a central midfielder to start with! What happened when your coach wanted to be the one that picked the team (Capello)? Yeah he was given the boot.

By the way Wales and Northern Ireland are part of GB and performed a lot better than England. Maybe you need to check what are they doing right.

Regarding club football, check the players who were voted by FIFPro as the best players in the world last year. Voted by professional footballers that is, not some random guy who's got a cushy job punting.

Manuel Neuer
Dani Alves
Thiago Silva
Sergio Ramos
Marcelo
Luka Modric
Andres Iniesta
Paul Pogba
Neymar
Lionel Messi

Cristiano Ronaldo

Not a single one was playing in England. So it's obvious that the English teams didn't have the best players, so why would someone expect them to win the Champions League? Last time you had players in the top eleven was back in 2011 (Di Maria got the award after playing for 4 months in ManU but it was his time in Real Madrid that earned him the award). 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Very true , hope the committee had a look on your open post and invest £300 million to United ... :)

Jocky I think if new investors are looking to invest in a EPL team they need to look no further than Everton.  Maybe not this season but in the not to distant future I think we could be challenging the teams that in recent history have dominated the league

Going back to the topic I think the EPL has lost it's way.  They are more concerned in making money rather than turning our national team into a team than can compete at the major tournements

Jocky I think if new investors are looking to invest in a EPL team they need to look no further than Everton. Maybe not this season but in the not to distant future I think we could be challenging the teams that in recent history have dominated the league

Going back to the topic I think the EPL has lost it's way. They are more concerned in making money rather than turning our national team into a team than can compete at the major tournements

didn't we sell a large share to an Iranian early this year?

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

didn't we sell a large share to an Iranian early this year?

Yes we sold a 49.9% share of Everton to a British-Iranian called Farhad Moshri.  So far he seems to want to keep Everton has "The peoples club" .  And wants Evertons charity "Everton in the community" to continue to be heavily involved in the community .  And at the same time he wants Everton to become a force in English football again.  And hes hoping to help us to build a new stadium.  Only time will tell if he is as good as his word

English players are indulged far too much,average players are lauded and paid massive wages,wheres the Desire when they`re getting (in some cases) millions a season.

I honestly believe a selection of some of the best championship players,and some premier league players who would otherwise never get a look in could do just a good a job or better than the current shambles!

In the recent Olympics Team GB recorded there highest ever total of medals in modern history.  This is due to the lottery deciding to invest lottery money into sport back in 1992.  Ever since 1992 our Olympic sports (in general) have got better and better.  And team GB are winning more and more medals because of it.

So a lot of sports have improved because of a continued investment of MONEY.

So my question is:  Why is it that English football is going backwards even though football is awash with money.  In the last two major tournements England have been very very poor.

Can anybody explain to me why other sports are improving because of investment but our football is going backwards.

Even at club level we are not as succesful in european competition has we used to be 

Very very starnge

The bigger clubs do invest in youth but as you know football is an now an industry as opposed to athletics, cycling, swimming which are still considered amateur(well in the sense that participants are not paid to play and it is only the upper echelon that secure serious sponsorship deals.

As an industry football at the highest level is here and know and that means expensive purchases ..usually from overseas. Our finest youth players barely get a look in.

The bigger clubs do invest in youth but as you know football is an now an industry as opposed to athletics, cycling, swimming which are still considered amateur(well in the sense that participants are not paid to play and it is only the upper echelon that secure serious sponsorship deals.

As an industry football at the highest level is here and know and that means expensive purchases ..usually from overseas. Our finest youth players barely get a look in.

I'm old enough to remember when top clubs basically only had British players in there squads.  And back then many of the top players were found in lower leagues.  Players that at a young age may have originally been missed by the clubs in the top division.  So they got discovered by clubs in the lower divisions and these lower division sides helped bring out there talents.  And eventually they got noticed by the bigger clubs who would buy them and they would turn into top players.

Nowadays the big clubs look abroad to buy players so I wonder how many players get missed.  And sadly the lower division clubs miss out on the money they would get in transfer fees which are so important to them

I'm old enough to remember when top clubs basically only had British players in there squads.  And back then many of the top players were found in lower leagues.  Players that at a young age may have originally been missed by the clubs in the top division.  So they got discovered by clubs in the lower divisions and these lower division sides helped bring out there talents.  And eventually they got noticed by the bigger clubs who would buy them and they would turn into top players.

Nowadays the big clubs look abroad to buy players so I wonder how many players get missed.  And sadly the lower division clubs miss out on the money they would get in transfer fees which are so important to them

Players who perform well in the football league tend to get snapped by Championship or Premier League teams. The ones snapped by EPL teams are sent on loan to Championship teams, if they get to perform well they are given a go in the EPL teams. Now if they don't play well in a lower level, maybe they aren't cut for that level. In fact the FA and UEFA have forced clubs to use home grown players.  

If English players were good enough they wouldn't have been ridiculously overpriced. 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

• 1 month later...

You can invest there no problem. But there is a 50/50 chance of gaining. You have to understand the situation well if you would like to earn good amount of money. Thanks!

You can invest there no problem. But there is a 50/50 chance of gaining. You have to understand the situation well if you would like to earn good amount of money. Thanks!

Hi Jackmille your missing the point I am making

For a long time now we have been investing big money in lots of sports.  So because of this team GB are going from strength to strength in the Olympics. This tear we got a record amount of medals

Yet the England football team is going from bad to worse even though the english game is awash with money

Archived