IGNORED

Religion in Education

I recently asked a TG what she knew about Christmas. I was quite surprised when she told me that she was taught about Christianity at school. When I went to school the only religion that I was taught was Christianity. I think that it is for that reason that I don't like (organised?) religion too much. Why is it that a system considered to be inferior to those in the west be more tolerant? Maybe schools at home have improved since I left.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Christianity is preached eeverywhere

stems back to missionaries and continues now thru travelling salesmen/women working for ngos and church groups

Never had a Buddist monk come to my school preach and hand out stuff (bribery imo)

Learned about their histories but never their religions

Member since Dec 06.

:P know an girl from KRITTS BAR soi 2 who stopped the bar and is now a christian. goes church and goes around preaching to thais. not a bad girl :P

I recently asked a TG what she knew about Christmas. I was quite surprised when she told me that she was taught about Christianity at school. When I went to school the only religion that I was taught was Christianity. I think that it is for that reason that I don't like (organised?) religion too much. Why is it that a system considered to be inferior to those in the west be more tolerant? Maybe schools at home have improved since I left.

I have taught in schools an the religion bit makes me sick. Its so hypocritical.

Even though the national curriculum in the UK includes comparative religions its always delivered by someone who thinks God is a man and Christianity is a fact not a faith. The focus is always on Christianity. I taught biology in a catholic school in Leeds once and had to sign a form on appointment saying I would leave the teaching of human reproduction to the RE department !!

The paternalistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are guilty of most of the problems in the world and still act like they need to convert everyone. Buddhism is not a religion in that form. Even in Thailand where it has some paternalistic components. Real Buddhism is a philosophy and a very reasonable one.

My wife (Thai) is not religious in any way but she thinks Christianity is a joke. She cant understand how people can believe the myths involved. I asked 'does she believe she will have another life?' She says she doesnt want one. But why not??????? :P

'Logic' who needs it. :blink: :blink:

Edited by otherway

I have taught in schools an the religion bit makes me sick. Its so hypocritical.

Even though the national curriculum in the UK includes comparative religions its always delivered by someone who thinks God is a man and Christianity is a fact not a faith. The focus is always on Christianity. I taught biology in a catholic school in Leeds once and had to sign a form on appointment saying I would leave the teaching of human reproduction to the RE department !!

The paternalistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are guilty of most of the problems in the world and still act like they need to convert everyone. Buddhism is not a religion in that form. Even in Thailand where it has some paternalistic components. Real Buddhism is a philosophy and a very reasonable one.

My wife (Thai) is not religious in any way but she thinks Christianity is a joke. She cant understand how people can believe the myths involved. I asked 'does she believe she will have another life?' She says she doesnt want one. But why not??????? :Brain_Fart:

'Logic' who needs it. :blink: :blink:

Dude Im getting scared. we have agreed, at least in prinicple, on two topics in the same day :P

Religous education in my school was a complete load of bollocks. No one in the class gave a shit. On my school report my RE teacher wrote: "Last year Stuart reached rock bottom. This year he has started to dig." :Amen:

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

Dude Im getting scared. we have agreed, at least in prinicple, on two topics in the same day

You couldnt go all the way then?

I like the 'in principle bit'. :rolleyes: