IGNORED

Review - Nova Platinum Hotel in Pattaya (recommended)

bobrhees

I was in Pattaya earlier this year and stayed at the Nova Platinum hotel. In short, it was a great place to stay.

GENERAL INFO:

They have two levels of rooms - superior and deluxe. I think the only difference between the two is that the deluxe has an ocean-facing view. I stayed in the superior. It's a bit small, but had all of the amenities I needed - an in-room safe. Plus, the place has a pool and basic exercise room. I paid a little under 1,600 baht per night (off-season). This included wireless internet, per an online special. That deal is now expired. However, although I can't guarantee it, I got the impression you could negotiate free internet, at least on the off-peak seasion.

The place is about 10 minutes away from the action of Walking Street. For those in the know, it's also about 3 minutes away from the well-known Vault hotel. The Nova is quiet. There is also a convenience store next door where you can buy snacks.

OVERALL QUALITY:

It's a three-star hotel with aspirations of being a four-star hotel. What do I mean by that? The decor of each room is tasteful. Check out their website at:

http://www.amari.com/novaplatinum/?gclid=C...CFRNOagodtDigOQ

However, at closer look, there were small problems - damage to the walls that had a patched-up look. Fairly low water pressure in the shower. And as I said, the room is pretty small. Small things like that prevent this place from being a true four-star. But on the whole, it's a great place with great value for the buck (again, I speak of off-peak prices, I haven't compared this place's price during the high-season). By way of comparison, I stayed at the well-known Sandy Springs hotel this year as well. Although the Springs was nice (I stayed in a suite), I preferred the Nova Platinum's small room to the Spring's suite. FYI, maybe one indication of how pretty the place is - two of the girls I brought here exclaimed how nice the hotel looked.

STAFF FRIENDLINESS

The staff was pretty friendly. Some people I liked more than others, but everyone was pretty attentive to the traveler's needs.

RESTAURANT:

The place has a small restaurant, where I had breakfast a few times. It was tasty. Further, if you want to go gourmet, the hotel is next to the Siam Elephant Restaurant - a gorgeous hotel restaurant. Just be ready to pay the price for dining there.

thanks for the review. I always enjoy reading about hotels I haven't stayed in yet.

I guess I want to increase my database of nice places and be prepared if my regular hotels are booked.

Hi,

You're welcome. I'm glad to help. Having a board like this is useful for all of us to have the best trip possible.

I stayed at the Nova Platinum this past July. I agree it is very modern looking, with a big lcd tv and nice room. Only complaint I had was the low water pressure for showering. The first night I was there....the water was totally turned off, but it was fixed in the morning.

Is it ok to take girls back to this hotel.. do u have to pay an extra charge?

Also I read somewhere there was building work going on next door.. is this still the case?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Chezney

Just read this hotel isn't very gf friendly.. also no under 20's allowed and security photocopies all Id's.

Anyone know if this is true?

Just read this hotel isn't very gf friendly.. also no under 20's allowed and security photocopies all Id's.

Anyone know if this is true?

Stayed here twice this year...

yes it is girl friendly and there is no charge!!

no under 20's u mean ladys?? still no problem there!!

I brought a girl who was 19 there, no problem. I think they just scan the ID into a computer instead of keeping it.

Thanks for the review.

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I brought a girl who was 19 there, no problem. I think they just scan the ID into a computer instead of keeping it.

Yes, I read on another forum that the security wouldn't let a 19 year old bg in the hotel and the security told the fella that he was sorry but he would get in trouble from the manager.. maybe they have changed the rules.. might book this place up as they have a nice pool. Is that a park next door which u use to get to Walking Street? Can u drive a scooter through it?

Yes, I read on another forum that the security wouldn't let a 19 year old bg in the hotel and the security told the fella that he was sorry but he would get in trouble from the manager.. maybe they have changed the rules.. might book this place up as they have a nice pool. Is that a park next door which u use to get to walking street? Can u drive a scooter through it?

Their aint no park next to it, so no u cant drive your scooter through it

to Walking Street...its a 2min walk anyway so your best off leaving your

bike at the hotels car park if your heading down Walking Street!!....

Their aint no park next to it, so no u cant drive your scooter through it

to walking street...its a 2min walk anyway so your best off leaving your

bike at the hotels car park if your heading down walking street!!....

Yeah I check the place out on this site and it looked like a park next door.. maybe not.

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...
Yeah I check the place out on this site and it looked like a park next door.. maybe not.

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/

Thanks for your help

Hi. The park next door isn't a park. It's a luxury hotel (forget the name) with huge grounds, a mini race track, and other amenities. I don't think they'd let you ride a scooter through. But they did let me walk through it to get to the Nova.

Hi. The park next door isn't a park. It's a luxury hotel (forget the name) with huge grounds, a mini race track, and other amenities. I don't think they'd let you ride a scooter through. But they did let me walk through it to get to the Nova.

Thanks bobrhees, looks a nice hotel next door too.

Was there any building work going on at the Nova when u stayed there as some sites are reporting a new wing being built?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks bobrhees, looks a nice hotel next door too.

Was there any building work going on at the Nova when u stayed there as some sites are reporting a new wing being built?

Thanks for the help.

I am staging just in nova, there is no building work.

The hotel is very nice, i can also recommend it.

You need to pay attention for the room reservation. By some travel agencys, the room are offered without breakfast. (I had to pay 400 extra for breakfirst. But newer eat here, because they server only till 11a.m.)

On only found this down sites:

- No balcony.

- Bad room to small, only shower.

- i payed 2100 bath, for my opinion, a little bit overpriced.

i dig these hotel reviews, many thanks. always keen on the hotel goss around WS.

you've saved me a walk to check it out by confirming my gravest fears, small rooms. need a bigger one for my camera lens.

sounds great for most. a 10 minute walk is right on the border of ST tolerances. but you can walk your way home thru the bars, have a few drinks, show off your girl etc. and race your way back to soi diamond on a motorcye in 2/3 minutes for your 11.00 pm shortie !.

does anyone have any reviews on that new poseidon joint on soi VC ?.

I am staging just in nova, there is no building work.

The hotel is very nice, i can also recommend it.

You need to pay attention for the room reservation. By some travel agencys, the room are offered without breakfast. (I had to pay 400 extra for breakfirst. But newer eat here, because they server only till 11a.m.)

On only found this down sites:

- No balcony.

- Bad room to small, only shower.

- i payed 2100 bath, for my opinion, a little bit overpriced.

do you have any information concerning the wireless connection, free or not? thank you

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"