IGNORED

Olympics now.

Billyboy294

By chance i tuned into Sophon Ch 30 (a Russian station) and just starting is ladies gymnastic. Some sort of team event with Russia and Great Britain.

Some real stunners in the Russian team if you don't mind chunky legs  although I often find the camera angles make people chunkier than they actually are.

I haven't had a chance to see the GB team yet as the Russians are performing.

They have now switched to the Chinese  team doing the vault. some very young ones there.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Every High Jump Competitor has used the 'Fosbury Flop' technique, perfected in 1965 by Dick Fosbury who went on to win Gold High Jump Medal at the 1968 Olympics.

Just wondering what height the top gymnasts could achieve if they practiced clearing the High Jump Bar if they used a straight on run up, hand spring twist and back facing take off like they do in their Matt Routines. This would generate more direct Up Lift than the 'Flop'.

Yes, it would be as revolutionary as the 'Fosbury Flop' was back in 1965 but I can't see any reason why it would not be allowed.

Thoughts?

Every High Jump Competitor has used the 'Fosbury Flop' technique, perfected in 1965 by Dick Fosbury who went on to win Gold High Jump Medal at the 1968 Olympics.

Just wondering what height the top gymnasts could achieve if they practiced clearing the High Jump Bar if they used a straight on run up, hand spring twist and back facing take off like they do in their Matt Routines. This would generate more direct Up Lift than the 'Flop'.

Yes, it would be as revolutionary as the 'Fosbury Flop' was back in 1965 but I can't see any reason why it would not be allowed.

Thoughts?

This is a classic case of an armchair quarterback telling the best athletes on the planet they are incompetent.

My thoughts are very simple on this subject

This is a classic case of an armchair quarterback telling the best athletes on the planet they are incompetent.

I'm not 'Telling' anyone anything. Those Olympic Gymnasts seemed to achieve great speed and Height during their Tumbling Mat routines, as we have all marvelled at through the 2016 Olympic Gymnastics Competition. I was just wondering how much up lift their technique would generate if they applied it to clearing a High Jump Bar (c/w Soft Landing).

I bet a lot of people also scoffed at 'Dick Fosbury' back in the 1960's when he pioneered his High Jump 'Flop' technique.

I'm not 'Telling' anyone anything. Those Olympic Gymnasts seemed to achieve great speed and Height during their Tumbling Mat routines, as we have all marvelled at through the 2016 Olympic Gymnastics Competition. I was just wondering how much up lift their technique would generate if they applied it to clearing a High Jump Bar (c/w Soft Landing).

I bet a lot of people also scoffed at 'Dick Fosbury' back in the 1960's when he pioneered his High Jump 'Flop' technique.

To me, people " scoffing " at the different style of a world class athlete as he beats the other world class athletes is completely unrelated to yet another armchair quarterback doing their thing--telling the world they know more than the Olympic athletes

By chance i tuned into Sophon Ch 30 (a Russian station) and just starting is ladies gymnastic. Some sort of team event with Russia and Great Britain.

Some real stunners in the Russian team if you don't mind chunky legs  although I often find the camera angles make people chunkier than they actually are.

I haven't had a chance to see the GB team yet as the Russians are performing.

They have now switched to the Chinese  team doing the vault. some very young ones there.

They are supposed to be a minimum of 16 this year to compete in the Olympics.

The US Women's team.

usa_women_gymnastics_team.jpg

The British Women's Team

British womensteam_rio_qualification.jpg

The Chinese Women's Team

chinas-artistic-gymnastics-womens-team-pose-during-the-2016-rio-olympics.jpg

The PRC can be such lyin', cheatin' bastards when it comes to international sports.

----------------------

Three athletes have been booted for doping to date:  A Hungarian, a Bulgarian, and of course ............a PRC swimmer.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

I'm not 'Telling' anyone anything. Those Olympic Gymnasts seemed to achieve great speed and Height during their Tumbling Mat routines, as we have all marvelled at through the 2016 Olympic Gymnastics Competition. I was just wondering how much up lift their technique would generate if they applied it to clearing a High Jump Bar (c/w Soft Landing).I bet a lot of people also scoffed at 'Dick Fosbury' back in the 1960's when he pioneered his High Jump 'Flop' technique.

I'd like to see that.

Wonder if there are rules that your hands can't touch he ground before you jump?

Edit.Bugger,they must take off on one foot.

image.png

Love this girl & God bless her tonight retain her Gold medal.

Jessica Ennis Hill.

IMG_3585.jpg

Did someone say they were supposed to be 16 years or over (or was that a Pattaya gogo).

Most of these look nearer 10 years old to me.

Olympics+Day+5+Artistic+Gymnastics+-hpi7Dnk0fnl.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Did someone say they were supposed to be 16 years or over (or was that a Pattaya gogo).

Most of these look nearer 10 years old to me.

attachicon.gifOlympics+Day+5+Artistic+Gymnastics+-hpi7Dnk0fnl.jpg

They should cut one of them in half and count the rings.

Great to see Jamaica's Usain Bolt win his 3rd 100 metres gold , beating mega cheat Gatlin .

Mikeyboy

Great to see Jamaica's Usain Bolt win his 3rd 100 metres gold , beating mega cheat Gatlin .

Mikeyboy

I remember a pic of the Jamaican relay team from about 8 years ago. All of them with orthodontic bracers, all of them exhibiting symptoms of heavy HgH use. Gatlin is a dirty cheat. But like cycling the whole sport is dirty.

There was clear evidence that He Kexin was 14 at the time of her participation and medal wins in 2008 Beijing Games. but the IOC has allowed the medals won in 2008 & 2012 to stand.

Chinagymnist-He_Kexin.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Kexin

"You don't need a(n) weatherman Olympic official to know which way the wind blows."

------------------------------------------------

Nobody believes their 16 years old, except the Chinese keep insisting.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/article/2001934/chinas-little-women-raises-big-questions-marks-about-their-age

Pissing off the Chinese seems to be a humorous past time at the Rio Games.  I got a good chuckle from this article:

Everyone is Pissing Off China at the Olympics

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/highlight/everyone-is-pissing-off-china-at-the-olympics

---------------------------------------

Doping issues.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/2002773/chinese-swimmer-fails-doping-test-rio-brazilian-media

----------------------------

Go Great Britain!! 

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Archived