IGNORED

Latest date for departure on a visa exempt arrival

elbenvillas

Hope i can get a clear answer on this question.

I arrived on a Visa Exempt Status on July 24, 2016, and was given 30 days stay.

I had originally planned to be out of thailand by July 30, but due to some delays in obtaining the

Non immigrant visa, i had to first change the departure date to August 17, but looks like now i may

have to change the flight date again for a few more days.

What exactly would be the date that I should be at Suvarnabhumi getting on a plane to leave so that I dont violate the due departure date in my passport.  I dont have the passport with me at this time due to the application for the retirement visa, but if my memory serves me right, the departure date was

August 22 (30 days from arrival).

thanks all for calculating the departure date for me.

EZ

August 22 (30 days), you are snookered as you haven't got your passport, so can't get an extension. They say allow 2-3 weeks for your visa to be processed.

Count 30 days from your arrival, which is day 1

so, 8 days in July (24-31 inclusive)

This leaves a maximum of 22 days in August, so your last departure date is 22nd August. That is the date for clearing departure immigration, but if you have a flight departing VERY early on 23rd, you can still officially leave Thailand on 22nd August.

Or you could go to immigration at Jomtien and get an extension of stay for 1900 baht. Do this BEFORE you overstay your 30 days. I believe they can only give you another 7 days on a 30 visa waiver arrival, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT Sorry, just noticed you've handed your passport to someone else, an agent who will charge you thousands of baht to do something you can do yourself?

Hope i can get a clear answer on this question.

I arrived on a Visa Exempt Status on July 24, 2016, and was given 30 days stay.

I had originally planned to be out of thailand by July 30, but due to some delays in obtaining the

Non immigrant visa, i had to first change the departure date to August 17, but looks like now i may

have to change the flight date again for a few more days.

Based on your VW stamp, 22 Aug as said.

However, assuming that you are using an agent, ask them what date the O visa will be dated from.

I don't see how there can be a gap between the two stamps so you may be OK.

...but if you have a flight departing VERY early on 23rd, you can still officially leave Thailand on 22nd August.

I am not sure that this is correct. I believe that the arrival and departure dates are what are important not when you pass through immigration. However, I suspect most people would get away with it if they arrive at immigration early enough.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Are you having your entry converted to a Non-O as a first step in getting a one year Extension of stay?

If so, it will change your permission to stay date.

August 22 (30 days), you are snookered as you haven't got your passport, so can't get an extension. They say allow 2-3 weeks for your visa to be processed.

Thanks.  Yes the agent did tell me it would take around two to three weeks.  I extended my flight but asked him if it would be ok if i left on the 16th of August.  He had replied it would be fine.  I emailed him again today, and he said he expects to get it all done this week.

If I have to, i can extend four more days to leave on the 21st of August.  If I dont get it by then, then you are right, i am snookered as I dont have my passport with me. Wonder what i will do then????? Maybe go to immigration and throw myself at their mercy.

Though I have heard that they do charge something like 500 baht per day late fee up to a 20,000 baht max.  What then, do they

throw you in the pokie?????

Are you having your entry converted to a Non-O as a first step in getting a one year Extension of stay?

If so, it will change your permission to stay date.

Yes, I am having the visa exempt status converted to a 90 day non immigrant visa then a one year extension with a multiple re-entry permit.  It will all work only if I receive the 90 day permission otherwise I am in hot water as I dont have the passport in

my possession.

ez

Count 30 days from your arrival, which is day 1

so, 8 days in July (24-31 inclusive)

This leaves a maximum of 22 days in August, so your last departure date is 22nd August. That is the date for clearing departure immigration, but if you have a flight departing VERY early on 23rd, you can still officially leave Thailand on 22nd August....

I am not sure that this is correct. I believe that the arrival and departure dates are what are important not when you pass through immigration. However, I suspect most people would get away with it if they arrive at immigration early enough.

I agree with Colin that the date you pass through immigration is important, not the actual arrival or departure dates. 

I have done exactly what Colin said without problem, i.e. when departing Thailand, I cleared immigration before midnight which was the official date stamped on my passport that I had to leave Thailand, and my actual flight departed after midnight at 1:30am the next day.  Also, I did this on arrival, i.e. my flight arrived in Thailand at 11PM, and I waited 1 hr and entered Thailand after midnight and got my arrival date stamped in my passport on the next day.

I agree with Colin that the date you pass through immigration is important, not the actual arrival or departure dates. 

I have done exactly what Colin said without problem, i.e. when departing Thailand, I cleared immigration before midnight which was the official date stamped on my passport that I had to leave Thailand, and my actual flight departed after midnight at 1:30am the next day.  Also, I did this on arrival, i.e. my flight arrived in Thailand at 11PM, and I waited 1 hr and entered Thailand after midnight and got my arrival date stamped in my passport on the next day.

I remember a while ago someone posted about getting pulled up on it so I guess officially it is different. However, as I stated, I think you will get away with it most time.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

well, it may be that i have to wait until the 22nd day of August to depart, but my flight is early morning 7.40 am, so i should be ok.

I dont have my passport with me (the immigration/agent) have it, so dont remember the exact date for departure.

However on my departure card which the immigration stamped, it says July 24 but no departure date.  But with the advice

from all here, i figure i am safe to assume my date of departure is Aug 22, in that case i will be ok.

Flying thai airlines, changed my flight date once at the thai office on Beach road for 1050 baht.  May need to change it again to

Aug 22.  Will they let me do it for a fee or is there a limitation on how many times the departure date can be changed.

I figure if i go there friday Aug 19 to make the change in the deparure that may be ok.  Is there a minimum number of days

that i need to go to change the date?

Dont know if thai airlines office is open saturdays and sundays.

Ez

well, it may be that i have to wait until the 22nd day of August to depart, but my flight is early morning 7.40 am, so i should be ok.

I dont have my passport with me (the immigration/agent) have it, so dont remember the exact date for departure.

However on my departure card which the immigration stamped, it says July 24 but no departure date. But with the advice

from all here, i figure i am safe to assume my date of departure is Aug 22, in that case i will be ok.

Flying thai airlines, changed my flight date once at the thai office on Beach road for 1050 baht. May need to change it again to

Aug 22. Will they let me do it for a fee or is there a limitation on how many times the departure date can be changed.

I figure if i go there friday Aug 19 to make the change in the deparure that may be ok. Is there a minimum number of days

that i need to go to change the date?

Dont know if thai airlines office is open saturdays and sundays.

Ez

Maybe ask them to be sure. Its probably ok to change before with another fee but check.

Yes, I will check with the thai airlines tomorrow.

If my last day to depart is Aug 22, and I have to extend my flight until the morning of the 22nd but do get my passport and visa done, that would be great, however????

Should it happen that my agent doesnt perform as he has said he will, what happens to me then.  The last day for departure is Aug 22, but i dont have my passport on hand (with the immigration/visa agent)....

What could i possibly do to avoid getting into trouble?  Anyone think if i went to the immigration a day earlier, and try to explain to them my predicament, all upfront, that may save me or will they throw the book at me????

Man its terrible to have this kind of pressure at my age...

Thanks all

ez

Man its terrible to have this kind of pressure at my age...

Does your Mum usually sort this stuff out for you?      :hello09:

whaddaya know.  The pressure is off.....

The visa agent performed like a champ, within the time frame promised.  I picked up my passport with a 90 day non immigrant O visa, the next page stamp is for 12 months more, so I can be here until Nov 2017.  Along with that there is a multiple entry permit which is also good until Nov 2017.

I am one happy camper now.  Tomorrow off to Bangkok Bank to open a foreign currency account.  I think I will wait until I return Sept 4 for two months to apply for Bualuang iBanking as they email you the password in three to four days.  I leave for Angeles City on Sunday for two weeks to start closing up after 8 years there.

next stop, Certificate of Residency, maybe an ID card, rent a honda pcx 150 for a month to see if i like it.  all in september.

Man I feel so relieved its incredible.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Ez

Archived