IGNORED

Nova Gold Hotel

elche

Can anyone comment on their stay at this hotel?

hotel is great and most rooms come with a full desktop PC in them. very short walk to Soi 6 and a small pool. rooms are very large and nice.

you can get the rooms very cheap on sales but if you are going to Walking Street at night its a pain in the dick to get back to the room. if you spend all your time on Soi 6 its a great location

just over the road is Centara Nova though which I rate higher for the same price

Stayed many times great hotel only downside is the pool is mainly in the share as most of it is under the hotel

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Very good info.  Thanks guys.  Let me know if either one of you are there in September  I owe you a beer.  Cheers.

This is the best value 4 star hotel in Pattaya - the room rates are sometimes as low as 900THB. Really nice decor, quality beds and helpful staff. Small gym and small (shaded) pool. Use of free golf buggy to take you to second road and Pattaya Klang (nr start soi Buhakow). The hotel is next door to Jamesons Irish pub. Getting the golf cart + baht bus heading out of an evening and a taxi-bike back is your best bet.

Nice enough but just in the wrong location for me ,

I hear you.  It's a little ways from the action but that can offer quietness at night to get a good sleep.  I walk everywhere and a distance of 10-15 minutes on foot is not a disadvantage to me, at least during the daylight hours.  But at night, I don't like the idea of walking down dark allies, and that is what we face with this hotel.  There are trade offs and compromises with every location.

• 3 months later...

I stayed here for 3 weeks in October this year. A review I wrote on TA:

"I paid 1,000 baht a night for a deluxe room which was spacious and featured a balcony, bath, king sized bed, large flat screen TV with many channels (including satellite) computer and full minibar; the maid conscientiously cleaned the room every day too, up to about 16.00, whilst regularly replenishing toiletries, providing 2 complimentary 500ml bottles of water and changing towels and bedclothes on request. There is plenty of storage space with hangers and shelves provided and an in room electronic safe located within the main closet. Laundry service is available. Staff are courteous and efficient without being overly friendly.

The hotel is very smartly and uniquely designed with gold features, abstract paintings and ornaments throughout and has quite an unusual layout over 8 carpeted floors; there are 3 internet stations in reception, couches and a TV, a small gym, a spa with massage available and an outdoor pool on the ground floor with Jacuzzi. The pool is mostly in the shade under the hotel on the bottom floor though and was quite dirty; plants and trees overhang it. Guests may, however, use the large rooftop swimming pool on the roof of The Amari Nova Suites hotel which is under the same ownership and just around the corner. Breakfast is also provided at the Amari Nova Suites till 10.30 every day (11 on Saturdays and Sundays) for 200 Baht; breakfast vouchers can be purchased daily at the Nova Gold reception. The breakfast is excellent value at 200 baht; an unlimited fresh buffet of hot and cold, Thai, Asian and western dishes, coffee, tea and juices, pastries and cereals, fresh fruits plus eggs done to whatever style you want and served with bacon, again cooked to your preference.

The hotel is located on Soi AR between 2nd and 3rd Road in a smart part of town with a village feel where there are a few decent mid range hotels, locally run Thai restaurants, food carts, 7/11s and coffee shops. It is about a 15 minute walk to Pattaya Klang and a 5 minute walk down to Second Road, the road emerging opposite Soi 6. There is a free Songthaew that runs from the hotel and its nearby sister establishments up to Soi Bukhaow then down to the Central Festival Mall via Soi Diana and back via Second Road leaving every half hour during the day time. Otherwise there are plenty of motorcycle taxis around.

This is a great value for money fully guest friendly hotel located in a quiet, but accessible part of town. An excellent choice."

Great place to stay if you start, or finish, or start and finish the day on Soi 6. I believe a number of workers from 6 live in the vicinity too....

Nova Suites are in a different legue , fabulous food and rooms much much nicer than the Gold. imo..

Nova Gold is not a bad hotel for the price however be very wary of using their laundry service. Just find another place to do your laundry nearby.

I was charged 700 Baht for one bag of laundry that would have cost 100-150 Baht elsewhere in Pattaya.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 4 months later...
On 4/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, mogli33 said:

is Nova gold guest friendly.......

Yes mate, Nova Gold is guest friendly. See attached thread for full review.

in town " rel="">Best 1,000THB hotel in town

On 12/5/2016 at 0:05 PM, standard said:

Nova Suites are in a different legue , fabulous food and rooms much much nicer than the Gold. imo..

Yes, Amari Nova Suites is better than Nova Gold....but it's also twice the price. 

Second trip late August  

I have D1 Apartment Pattaya already booked for 200$ 11 nights, free cancel pay later. Soi Buakhao/Central RD.

but I'm really thinking of booking Nova Gold for 335$ w/ free cancel pay later. Looks nice and the reviews from experienced BMs is promising  

I like Soi 6 a lot so NG looks good!  Another concern about Nova gold is distance to central road and a quick bite. Probably will book the free cancel tonight and choose over the coming months. 

2 hours ago, standard said:

Yes but worth it imo ,

Well, your not really comparing like with like. In the price range per night of 2,000THB, I have had some great stays at Amari Nova Suites, however on other trips (on a reduced budget), at under 1,000THB, I have found Nova Gold outstanding value (+ you get to use all the wonderful Amari Nova suites facilities for free :)).

Archived