IGNORED

Best 1,000THB hotel in town

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I have stayed in over 40 hotels and guest-houses in Pattaya and am always looking to try somewhere new. When I travel on my own i will often stay in an 800THB guest house (eg The Haven), when I am with mates, I will stay in a mid-range hotel near the action (eg Areca at 1,900THB) and with the missus and nipper, I go 5 star and out of town (eg Amari Residences on Pratumnak - 5,000THB for 2 bed suite). In my experience, in all price brackets it is possible to find real quality.

With the above in mind, I thought I would start a thread asking for opinions for the best 1,000THB hotel in town. For me, it is the 4 star Nova Gold. Here's why:

pic5-facility.jpg

Room-  spacious and features a balcony, bath, king sized bed, large flat screen TV with many channels, including computer, decent wifi and full minibar. Good water pressure and decent a/c. The maid conscientiously cleans the rooms every day (up until 4 in the afternoon) and regularly replenishing toiletries, providing 2 complimentary bottles of water and changing towels and bedclothes on request. There is plenty of storage space with hangers and shelves provided and an in room electronic safe located within the main closet. Laundry service is available. Staff are courteous, efficient and friendly. 

Style and Features - Nova Gold is very smartly and uniquely designed with gold features, abstract paintings and ornaments throughout and has quite an unusual layout over 8 carpeted floors; there are 3 internet stations in reception, couches and a TV, a small gym, a spa with massage available and an outdoor pool on the ground floor with Jacuzzi. The pool is small and mostly in the shade, being under the hotel on the bottom floor. Nova Gold guests may, however, use the large rooftop swimming pool on the roof of The Amari Nova Suites hotel which is under the same ownership and just around the corner. Breakfast is also provided at the Amari Nova Suites till 10.30 every day (11 on Saturdays and Sundays) for 200 Baht; breakfast vouchers can be purchased daily at the Nova Gold reception. The breakfast is excellent value at 200 baht; an unlimited fresh buffet of hot and cold, Thai, Asian and western dishes, coffee, tea and juices, pastries and cereals, fresh fruits plus eggs done to whatever style you want and served with bacon, again cooked to your preference.

Location -  on Soi AR between 2nd and 3rd Road in a smart part of town with a village feel where there are a few decent mid range hotels, locally run Thai restaurants, food carts, 7/11s and convenience stores. There is also Jameson's Irish pub, nice to sit outside early evening and chat to the very tasty Chang and Singha promo girls.  It is about a 15 minute walk to Pattaya Klang and a 5 minute walk down to Second Road, the road emerging opposite Soi 6. There is a free Songthaew that runs from the hotel and its nearby sister establishments up to Soi Bukhaow then down to the Central Festival Mall via Soi Diana and back via Second Road leaving every half hour during the day time. Otherwise there are plenty of motorcycle taxis around.

the-nova-gold-hotel-pattaya.jpgthe-nova-gold-hotel-pattaya.jpg

Cost and Value - Rooms can be got for around (or even under) 1,000THB pn. This is a great value for money for a fully guest friendly hotel located in a quiet, but accessible part of town. You also get to use all the facilities of the (double the price) neighboring Amari nova suites. Nova Gold is an excellent choice. My room tip would be to pay an extra 100THB for deluxe and request 'corner room on high floor'.

OK chaps, that's my contribution...anyone else with suggestions of a nice hotel around the 1,000THB mark???????????????

a few piccies below (note - final pool pic is Amari Nova suites).

21286875.jpg

hotel-foyer.jpg

21286494.jpg

168868_14091118090022067042.jpg

58e4856a_z.jpg

cf76efe2_z.jpg

68632927.jpg

68632949.jpg

amari-nova-suites-pattaya.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LW.... it looks like it has a separate shower to the bathtub..... is that the case or my eyes deceiving me????

cheers

Secrets.....location

Location will be an issue for some and not others. Because of golfing 3 times a week, I have tended to stay around LK Metro - where the bars running the golf trips are. However, I sometimes get a bit hacked-off with the full-on 24/7 action and noise of that area. Also, while I enjoy a couple of visits to WS a week (starting off at Le Pub of course), the last place I would want to stay is the WS area. I like the chilled out vibe of the soi where Nova gold is.

The Nova Gold's location in soi AR ticks plenty of boxes. A night out might look like this. A chilled out pint in Jameson's, followed by five minute walk to the top of Soi 6. A wander down the 6 and then a BB along BR to WS. After a few gogos maybe a BB back up to LK Metro to round the evening off - then a 50THB moto-bike taxi back to Nova Gold. (Also note the free hotel buggy runs 12+hours a day).

The location won't be for everyone, but on my visit to Patts last month, I was really surprised how much i enjoyed staying in that end of town.

D hotel for me

really good location, easy to get anywhere in pattaya from there

Thanks LW. Nice rooms. A bit weird having the PCs, I wish they could be removed. I've considered Nova Gold before but gave it a miss as I just don't like walking along that road

My B1000~ pick so far is Blue Sky on Soi 5.

D hotel for me

Thanks for the suggestion. For those unfamiliar with D hotel, here is the TA link.

D hotel Pattaya | TripAdvisor.com

For 1000 baht must say I pretty impressed

My only experience in similar priced hotel was Golden Sea hotel off Soi Buckhao

I thinking this hotel is shading it though

Yes mate separate shower.

the-nova-gold-hotel-pattaya.jpg

Thanks for the update LW.... I do like my separate shower...lol.

Actually that is very good value for that place.... thanks for the info mate....appreciated once again.

cheers

Secrets.....location

No elevator and its got steep stairs.

Equally good location and with elevators are P72 & Jasmine hotel and both are around the same price

Nice to see loyalty from an ex employee though. :D

D hotel for me

I'll be staying there shortly and looking forward to it.

Have stayed in Nova Gold several times and, at its price, its one of the best options that I've found in Pattaya. However, the location is a bit out of the way for me (used to have a LLT with a car when I stayed there regularly) and the only other downside is the really small fridge.

Stay at the Stay now at about 1800B on Soi 10...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Excellent review (per usual) by Lottellee...Nova Gold certainly looks nice, but where are you finding 1000 baht (or less) tariffs? I checked Agoda, and the 'all in' lowest price I am seeing is 1284 baht. Is there a lower-priced website for Nova Gold?

Excellent review (per usual) by Lottellee...Nova Gold certainly looks nice, but where are you finding 1000 baht (or less) tariffs? I checked agoda, and the 'all in' lowest price I am seeing is 1284 baht. Is there a lower-priced website for Nova Gold?

Thanks for the positive feedback mate. Hugely appreciated. hotel prices are a bit volatile, but if you are flexible with your dates and are signed up with a number of the booking sites, it is very easy to get Nova Gold for around 1,000THB...indeed I bagged a room for 3 nights on hotel.com for 807 THB++

Includes special offer

Book early and save 20%

Average nightly rate ฿807.20 Superior Room,1 King Bed

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 ฿807.20

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 ฿807.20 

Thursday, May 4, 2017 ฿807.20 

Taxes and fees ฿428.64

Total price฿2,850.24

I have stayed all over Pattaya last 25 years.

My favourite for 1k budget is Nature View soi Bhuakao. Bit dated now put price has not gone up last 3 years.

I like the location,balcony and powerful walk in large shower room.

Areca Lodge was a favourite long time ago before it expanded and prices doubled.

Stayed 23 nights here in October and have to concur with absolutely everything the OP says in that very well written review  :D The quality of rooms is incredible for that money. I love the way the hotel sign lights up in gold at night  - which makes the whole hotel glitter -  although a couple of the bulbs could do with replacing.

Location especially good for Soi 6 access (even more so in current climate) and I found too that most of my LTs, even those not taken from 6, lived in reasonably close proximity...so plenty of girls around in the wee small hours after the bars close. A great relaxed little enclave with everything you need nearby.

I noticed lots of Baht buses running up and down AR too, not all private hires either, didn't try to flag any down though as I presumed they were just taking a short cut back from 2nd road to Soi Buakhaow when empty and any attempt to do so would be viewed as a private hire....

Looking at The Villa Oranje as potential future Pattaya lodgings, some rooms at the 1,000 baht a night level and all very tastefully named after Dutch Golden Age Painters and decorated accordingly. Nice bar, pool and facilities too off Pattaya Klang but with a back entrance that comes out onto a small Soi leading to Soi AR further up past the Nova Gold after it winds round past Siam View Residence and The Centara Nova Spa.....just want to get a bit more info on it though before committing, started another thread on it in this forum that so far has attracted no replies....

I was thinking about Nova earlier and walked Klang-Nova-Second road. I can't say I enjoyed walking that road. It is narrow with many hidden corners and lots of cars and motorbikes.

I was thinking about Nova earlier and walked Klang-Nova-Second road. I can't say I enjoyed walking that road. It is narrow with many hidden corners and lots of cars and motorbikes.

Way too far to walk mate. Take the free hotel Songthaw or a motor-bike taxi.

No elevator and its got steep stairs.

Equally good location and with elevators are P72 & Jasmine Hotel and both are around the same price

Nice to see loyalty from an ex employee though. :D

+ 1 No comparison to a Secrets room on this planet even the ones with a window ha ha .

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I have stayed in over 40 hotels and guest-houses in Pattaya and am always looking to try somewhere new. When I travel on my own i will often stay in an 800THB guest house (eg The Haven), when I am with mates, I will stay in a mid-range hotel near the action (eg Areca at 1,900THB) and with the missus and nipper, I go 5 star and out of town (eg Amari Residences on Pratumnak - 5,000THB for 2 bed suite). In my experience, in all price brackets it is possible to find real quality.

With the above in mind, I thought I would start a thread asking for opinions for the best 1,000THB hotel in town. For me, it is the 4 star Nova Gold. Here's why:

pic5-facility.jpg

Room-  spacious and features a balcony, bath, king sized bed, large flat screen TV with many channels, including computer, decent wifi and full minibar. Good water pressure and decent a/c. The maid conscientiously cleans the rooms every day (up until 4 in the afternoon) and regularly replenishing toiletries, providing 2 complimentary bottles of water and changing towels and bedclothes on request. There is plenty of storage space with hangers and shelves provided and an in room electronic safe located within the main closet. Laundry service is available. Staff are courteous, efficient and friendly. 

Style and Features - Nova Gold is very smartly and uniquely designed with gold features, abstract paintings and ornaments throughout and has quite an unusual layout over 8 carpeted floors; there are 3 internet stations in reception, couches and a TV, a small gym, a spa with massage available and an outdoor pool on the ground floor with Jacuzzi. The pool is small and mostly in the shade, being under the hotel on the bottom floor. Nova Gold guests may, however, use the large rooftop swimming pool on the roof of The Amari Nova Suites hotel which is under the same ownership and just around the corner. Breakfast is also provided at the Amari Nova Suites till 10.30 every day (11 on Saturdays and Sundays) for 200 Baht; breakfast vouchers can be purchased daily at the Nova Gold reception. The breakfast is excellent value at 200 baht; an unlimited fresh buffet of hot and cold, Thai, Asian and western dishes, coffee, tea and juices, pastries and cereals, fresh fruits plus eggs done to whatever style you want and served with bacon, again cooked to your preference.

Location -  on Soi AR between 2nd and 3rd Road in a smart part of town with a village feel where there are a few decent mid range hotels, locally run Thai restaurants, food carts, 7/11s and convenience stores. There is also Jameson's Irish pub, nice to sit outside early evening and chat to the very tasty Chang and Singha promo girls.  It is about a 15 minute walk to Pattaya Klang and a 5 minute walk down to Second Road, the road emerging opposite Soi 6. There is a free Songthaew that runs from the hotel and its nearby sister establishments up to Soi Bukhaow then down to the Central Festival Mall via Soi Diana and back via Second Road leaving every half hour during the day time. Otherwise there are plenty of motorcycle taxis around.

the-nova-gold-hotel-pattaya.jpgthe-nova-gold-hotel-pattaya.jpg

Cost and Value - Rooms can be got for around (or even under) 1,000THB pn. This is a great value for money for a fully guest friendly hotel located in a quiet, but accessible part of town. You also get to use all the facilities of the (double the price) neighboring Amari nova suites. Nova Gold is an excellent choice. My room tip would be to pay an extra 100THB for deluxe and request 'corner room on high floor'.

OK chaps, that's my contribution...anyone else with suggestions of a nice hotel around the 1,000THB mark???????????????

a few piccies below (note - final pool pic is Amari Nova suites).

21286875.jpg

hotel-foyer.jpg

21286494.jpg

168868_14091118090022067042.jpg

58e4856a_z.jpg

cf76efe2_z.jpg

68632927.jpg

68632949.jpg

amari-nova-suites-pattaya.jpg

Outstanding  quality and price  IMO.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Nova Gold ,  sorry no tried it , the location is to far from where I like to hang Metro area ,

Nova Gold ,  sorry no tried it , the location is to far from where I like to hang Metro area ,

100% bang on. If your entertainment focus is exclusively/predominately LK Metro, then it  makes sense to have your hotel in that area. If on the other hand you enjoy venturing elsewhere, particularly Soi 6, then the Nova Gold's location is a winner. I like the LK area and indeed stayed at both Centra Avenue and Centara Azure over the last few weeks - both decent hotels

Nova Gold is a winner for those who like to be just outside the hustle and bustle....but still want to be in striking distance of 'the action'.

I stayed at Nova Park last trip, same group it

was great and just a short walk to Soi 6.

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

Thanks LW. Nice rooms. A bit weird having the PCs, I wish they could be removed. I've considered Nova Gold before but gave it a miss as I just don't like walking along that road

My B1000~ pick so far is Blue Sky on Soi 5.

Blue sky pricing is almost always in the 1400-1800 category so not a fair comparison really. ( i spent 2 months waiting for that to drop below before booking for a stay there last month, never dropped below 1400)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Archived