IGNORED

Amused. Not Amused and Amused

Ben Carter

Three observations. All in one hour today

Two amused me. One didn’t.

Saw the guy below painting in the white lines across the 2nd Road in Jomtien. This amused me. Why? Well because, sometimes, motorists don’t stop.

Two minutes later, in Kasikorn Bank Jomtien, a foreigner at the counter didn’t receive the amount he wanted from the cashier. She actually wanted to give him more. There was a communication problem which sometimes, when you live abroad in a country that speaks, and writes a different language, these things happen. No problem. The cashier soon understood. But this is the thing that didn’t amuse me. The foreigner used three words, Oh My Buddha, loud enough for everyone in the bank to hear. This might work when you are with a Thai friend in a joking situation. But, for me, not the bank.

Then lunch at Café De La Mar in Jomtien with a foreign friend. He ordered fried chicken and cashew nuts. Which he orders most days, at other restaurants, and he’s learnt to order it in Thai. Two minutes later, the really tiny waitress who took the order, delivered a bowl full of cashew nuts. It was so funny. Once again the communication problem. But no drama.

Paint Job 2.jpg

Paint Job 1.jpg

Archived