IGNORED

U.K. Settlement visa for wife

Mr David

The UK rules state I must be earning at least £18,600 PA or have £62'500 in the bank for at least six months. It does say you can have other savings in bonds etc but easily accessible.

I have some savings in bank account but majority is in Government premium bonds. Can someone advise if these are acceptable as they are or do they need to be cashed in and put in the bank with a letter explaining Ive had them in bonds for over six months.

Find the guidelines a little confusing.

Help appreciated.

well do you earn $18,000 ponds or not it does not seem alot of money to me but having $ 68,000 pounds in the bank is

No I'm part time now and do not earn that.

Question was about savings and are premium bond accepted or do they need to be converted and deposited as cash in a bank account before applying. I have savings over £62,500 which can be used instead of earning £18,600 pa.

The UK rules state I must be earning at least £18,600 PA or have £62'500 in the bank for at least six months. It does say you can have other savings in bonds etc but easily accessible.

I have some savings in bank account but majority is in Government premium bonds. Can someone advise if these are acceptable as they are or do they need to be cashed in and put in the bank with a letter explaining Ive had them in bonds for over six months.

Find the guidelines a little confusing.

Help appreciated.

PM Lloydies.

62 grand in savings of any form is acceptable when applying for a vaf4 visa . 

also see article 8 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_8_of_the_European_Convention_on_Human_Rights

a useful tip is to get a lawyer to send a cover letter with the application , 

good luck

PM Lloydies.

I am not sure about bonds and stuff.

I would just send an enquiry to someone like Darren at Key Visa and he would answer the question quickly and correctly as he has the info at his fingertips.

I'd go to the source for a definitive and official response:

UK Visa Immigration Contact Centre:  0300 123 2241 and follow up with a registered letter of enquiry.

I'd go to the source for a definitive and official response:

UK Visa Immigration Contact Centre:  0300 123 2241 and follow up with a registered letter of enquiry.

Yes sounds like the best route. I've emailed them twice asking for clarification but they just provide a link to the same info despite me asking them to answer a specific question. Guess I'll have to ring them.

Contacted two visa agents and got two different answers. First said Premium bonds are classed as easily accessible and therefore fine as they are, the other agent said no they need to be cashed put in bank and then provide a paper trail to show where the money came from and has been in your possession for more than six months.

Just a quick update from UK Immigrarion.

Dear Xxxxx Xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry

service.

With regards to your query, dividends or other income from investments,

stocks and shares, bonds or trust funds can be used as non employment funds

to count towards the financial requirement. Please show proof that you have

held them for at least 6 months. It is you own choice if you cash them or

not although not necessary.

We strongly recommend not to book prepaid travel and accommodation before

receiving the visa.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please

refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select

appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and

complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Please ensure you check your spam/junk folders in case you don’t receive

email in your inbox from us within the stipulated time.

Kind regards,

Kirsty

Archived