IGNORED

Explanation needed on new visa policies

hanged

I've been reading articles about changes in visa on arrival program but I cannot seem to find one document clearly stating the rules. Only bits and pieces from multiple articles that are interpreting the new rules. So help is desperately needed.

Little bit of info first. I've been to Thailand multiple times in the past years, two times last year. last visit was in december for a couple of days only. I never stay more then a couple of days, my plan is to do the same this year. I travel in october and leave in november for a trip of 29 days total. My plan actually is to stay in Thailand for a couple of days and chill, then fly from Don Muang to Myanmar and after about 16 days there fly back to Don Muang. Going to stay a couple of days then in Thailand before my flight back home. This means I will enter and leave the country two times in a short period. Are they going to give me BS about it? I cannot find any concrete info to be certain if I will need to get a tourist visa or if I can get away with the visa on arrival again. 

I've been reading in other threads that people are getting flagged at the airport and something about the 3 exemptions in 1 year. I guess this would be applicable to me, but I still cannot find any official info on it.

Any info is much appreciated. 

Two (linked) questions:

1. What nationality are you?

2. Do you actually mean 'visa on arrival' or are you talking about 'visa exempt'?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I've been reading articles about changes in visa on arrival program but I cannot seem to find one document clearly stating the rules. Only bits and pieces from multiple articles that are interpreting the new rules. So help is desperately needed.

Little bit of info first. I've been to Thailand multiple times in the past years, two times last year. last visit was in december for a couple of days only. I never stay more then a couple of days, my plan is to do the same this year. I travel in october and leave in november for a trip of 29 days total. My plan actually is to stay in Thailand for a couple of days and chill, then fly from Don Muang to Myanmar and after about 16 days there fly back to Don Muang. Going to stay a couple of days then in Thailand before my flight back home. This means I will enter and leave the country two times in a short period. Are they going to give me BS about it? I cannot find any concrete info to be certain if I will need to get a tourist visa or if I can get away with the visa on arrival again. 

I've been reading in other threads that people are getting flagged at the airport and something about the 3 exemptions in 1 year. I guess this would be applicable to me, but I still cannot find any official info on it.

Any info is much appreciated. 

Not an expert on anything least this but my twopence:

Backpackers tour all over south east asia. I would think the limit on exempts would be aimed at people trying their luck at the old 30 plus extension just to stay in the country on an extended period without a proper visa. I go 3-4 times a year for a week or ten days at a time and never get a moments glance.

1. Slovenian, we get 30 days free normally

2. Yes, I mean visa exemption I guess

As Sleuth said, you shouldn't have a problem especially as you are flying in both times.

yeah this one doesn't have new info either

There's no 100% guarantees as any Immigration Officer can refuse entry for any reason at any time BUT the real crackdown has been on those using land borders and going out and in immediately or frequently.

A few people have said they've been told at the airport to get a visa next time as they've had a few visa exempt entries within a fairly short time. I've not heard of anyone being refused entry at the airport because of this yet.

Officially its 3 visa exempts in 12 months, many people have received warnings to get a visa next time but I've not heard of anyone being refused entry.

Maybe don't worry about it until they give you a warning, then get a tourist visa.

Archived