IGNORED

Go ahead for Naklua soi 33

LaaMok

Soi 33 in Naklua approved as the new Walking Street. (and sea front side of Walking Street demolished)

Sunday 1st April 2007

In the conference room of the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, Khun Taneart , the President of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association chaired this Annual General Meeting of the Association where a new President was elected. Khun Taneart, who has held the position for two years will now step aside in accordance with the Constitution of the Association. Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya oversaw the election which saw six potential candidates take part in the election. After the votes were counted, the new President was announced. Khun Jamloon was voted in and will assume the position for the next two years. He promised members that he will work hard to develop the association so it becomes a more powerful body with increased lines of communication with the local government. It was also confirmed at this stage that the planning permission has been approved for the new Walking Street down soi 33. 260 million baht has been pledged for new facilities for shop owners, which include new roads, car parking, strreet lighting, shop space to rent and managed toilets.

Khun Ronagit, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya, chaired this Sunday Morning Meeting at Pattaya City Hall to discuss fire safety for soi 33 buildings around Naklua. The Pattaya Administration are concerned that with the increasing numbers of fires in buildings around this area, disaster plans must be put into place to ensure that major incidents such as fires are dealt with in a professional and organized manner should the need arise. This ties in with the planning permissions given for soi 33 as the new Walking Street. Guest speaker at the meeting was Dr. Wipoot from the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce who went though a number of preventative measures to avoid major incidents at hi-risk building complexes. In attendance were building managers, rescue workers, Police and hotel managers who listened with interest.

The projected date for the new buildings will be 12 -16 months. The demolitions on the sea front side of Walking Street will start in 12 months also. The sea front is owned by the Thai Navy and they have succeeded with there action to get their land back.

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_1_02_50_3.htm

oh well ill still have Cherry bar, Rockhouse , and Hell Club :Chokdee3:

oh well ill still have Cherry bar, Rockhouse , and Hell Club :Chokdee3:

what about the FLB? huh?

I'm going to miss the living dolls. I read somewhere else the eviction notices are coming out and they have 9 months to leave... its nothing!!

Mmm, I always find it hard to believe anything written on April 1.

Mmm, I always find it hard to believe anything written on April 1.

lol your the first one to notice hehe

I wasn't sure!

This is the Phuket Gazettes effort for the day which I thought was pretty good.

Patong’s one-way goes all the way

lol now thats funny!

The problem with my fake story is that there is alot of truth behind it, its being planned.