IGNORED

Brisbane Thai Consulate reopened

Tarl

Applied for a back to back METV through the Canberra Thai Consulate earlier this month. I was granted it without any problems. When my passport was returned a note was attached advising the Brisbane Consulate had reopened for business. Great news for all of us from Brisbane.

http://www.royalthaiconsulatebrisbane.com/

Yes but they do not issue all the visas that they say the do. Two people I know flew back from Thailand to get a one year multiple entry business visa at the Brisbane consulate only to be told that they do not issue them there.

They had to fly down to Melbourne, hand in the exact same paper work and they were granted the visa after 3 working days. Why have a consulate if it won't issue all visas.

Yes but they do not issue all the visas that they say the do. Two people I know flew back from Thailand to get a one year multiple entry business visa at the Brisbane consulate only to be told that they do not issue them there.

They had to fly down to Melbourne, hand in the exact same paper work and they were granted the visa after 3 working days. Why have a consulate if it won't issue all visas.

The only place authorised to issue non-immigrant type-O visas is the embassy in Canberra. Looks like there are restriction on who can issue the business version of the visa as well. You can send applications via post.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have fond memories over 10+ years of the previous consul in Brisbane and his wife and their excellent service. Sadly missed and wish them both well.

Thanks Tarl,good to know. In the same location I presume.

Next holiday for me is only 30 days so a stamp on arrival will do.

Thanks Tarl,good to know. In the same location I presume.

Next holiday for me is only 30 days so a stamp on arrival will do.

Nah they have moved to the CBD 344 Queen Street.

I have fond memories over 10+ years of the previous consul in Brisbane and his wife and their excellent service. Sadly missed and wish them both well.

Don't now how much truth is in this but this was recently written in Stickman's weekly column.

The Thai consulate in Brisbane was long known as the most user-friendly Thai mission in the world.  With former consul Bill Dunn in charge, visas were issued on the spot and getting even the holy grail of visas, the non-immigrant B multiple entry, was a piece of cake.  A disagreement with the founder of the ThaiVisa forum after the two had had a commercial relationship in which dodgy visas were procured and they each profited handsomely from the situation which later resulted in threats caused the consul to resign and that was the end of the mission.  A new consulate has opened recently in the Brisbane CBD and details can be found here.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2015/Bogan-Visits-Bangkok.htm

The only place authorised to issue non-immigrant type-O visas is the embassy in Canberra. Looks like there are restriction on who can issue the business version of the visa as well. You can send applications via post.

Appears to be the case but the company my friend is associated with in Bangkok rang the Brisbane consulate and they told them they would issue the 1 year multi entry business visa but it was a different story when he turned up at the consulate.

Nah they have moved to the CBD 344 Queen Street.

Ah too bad but thanks for the info.

Archived