IGNORED

Eva & Thai Business Class Comparison

davidge

Great thread, I am also flying biz class with Gulf Air @Xmas.....Nice price.....

However i have had no luck choosing a seat, is it too early? Or do they simply allocate a seat to you? 

Great thread, I am also flying biz class with Gulf Air @Xmas.....Nice price.....

However i have had no luck choosing a seat, is it too early? Or do they simply allocate a seat to you?

I sent them an email & they said it's not possible online, you have to phone.

I got through to the London number quite quickly (the 'normal' number not the premium rate one!) and they let me choose the seat, though front row not available until check in. The woman was pretty miserable but the seat number is showing on my booking now.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I got through to the London number quite quickly (the 'normal' number not the premium rate one!) and they let me choose the seat, though front row not available until check in. The woman was pretty miserable but the seat number is showing on my booking now.

Good news you got the seat you wanted.

3 great people who answer the phone at the London Thai office & 2 real horrible nasty miserable cunts.

I know as been phoning them for many years.

No names as I know all there names.

My first question after hello is who am I talking to & if I get any of the 2 nasty Thai cunts I say sorry will call back.

Chris a male British guy is the best there & a super star IMO.

Chris has sorted me out with flights & seats when the other have told me a big fat no waiting list closed or just spoke to me like I am a nuisance & a fucking pile of shit.

Problem with Thai Airways is they are part state owned & do not have the magic or the commercial skills that others have IMO.

That said I am only a customer, Gold card holder & a 19 year Frequent Flyer.

:Think1:

:Wassup1:

I went in to Manage my Booking a few times but was never given the option of choosing a seat. Don't know if it was because I was using an iPad instead of a desktop - but it really shouldn't matter.

Works on my ipad

When you go into manage your booking, you scroll down on the page.

There is a headline called service details, click the box that says additional service.

There you get options to select seat and meal.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

IMG_3005.jpg

My preference on the Business class seats is 25 to 27.

Love my window seat so can see things & take some airport pics.

I must have missed the seat selection bit on the website! I'll have to do better if I book Thai again ☺️

I realised on my first flight that on the 380 you need to get an odd numbered seat so you're tucked away at the window rather than being stuck out in the aisle. I generally like to be as far forward as possible but there would be noise from the galley on Thai.

The next flight I'll be looking for is next June/July. Fares should start showing up for my dates very soon.

I will be flying Thai business Class this week from Australia... Usually i fly Emirates Biz so will give Thai a go this time.

But i guess nothing beats the Emirates massage seats .

Not tried Emirates yet but they have a very good reputation in Biz.

I generally find their fares are very similar to Eva or Thai and I'd rather fly direct - unless indirect is much cheaper (as Gulf is for my Xmas flights).

• 2 weeks later...

I got a call from Travel Trolley whom i booked through to say Gulf Air have cancelled a flight - i was flying out 16th Dec 

returning 7th Jan .

They offered alternate dates, 15th out and 6th return, which i accepted. They said they would get on to Gulf Air to arrange this.

The Q is, as i booked flight 2 months ago, and they have taken payment, and given me confirmation, is my flight guaranteed 

and at the price i have already paid?

I got a call from Travel Trolley whom i booked through to say Gulf Air have cancelled a flight - i was flying out 16th Dec 

returning 7th Jan .

They offered alternate dates, 15th out and 6th return, which i accepted. They said they would get on to Gulf Air to arrange this.

The Q is, as i booked flight 2 months ago, and they have taken payment, and given me confirmation, is my flight guaranteed 

and at the price i have already paid?

You're the second person who's told me their flight on 16th was cancelled. I'm sure they have flights that day. Think schools in Bahrain finish 15th so maybe Gulf are clearing the flights to charge a Premium?

Anyway, yes they should provide alternative flights at the same cost or offer a full refund.

I flew Business Class Thai last week... Whilst its not as good as Emirates Business Class its still better than others sych as the terrible Malaysian Business Class.

I had a window seat ... I think it was 25 ... I tell you that BECAUSE opposite the seats didnt have windiws they were up aganst a wall !!!

This was on flight from Sydney to Bangkok .. So I would have hated sitting up against a wall .

The enertainment on Thai business class is shocking compared to Emirates ICE.

Staff were however superb on this flight and I pratically had my own waiter .

I often wonder how the flight stewards can look like barbie dolls .

My seat went right down into a flat bed... But Emirates has the massage option too .

You're the second person who's told me their flight on 16th was cancelled. I'm sure they have flights that day. Think schools in Bahrain finish 15th so maybe Gulf are clearing the flights to charge a Premium?

Anyway, yes they should provide alternative flights at the same cost or offer a full refund.

According to Gulf Air website they have a flight on 16th but no flight (return) on 7th Jan.

When i called the travel agent the guy said he could get prices for other Airlines if i wished to fly on original dates , of course he could, at a premium to me  :Think1:

The last thing i want is a full refund as it would cost much much more to book another biz flight.

According to Gulf Air website they have a flight on 16th but no flight (return) on 7th Jan.

When i called the travel agent the guy said he could get prices for other Airlines if i wished to fly on original dates , of course he could, at a premium to me  :Think1:

The last thing i want is a full refund as it would cost much much more to book another biz flight.

If you are happy with the new dates with Gulf then that should be at the same price.

If you are happy with the new dates with Gulf then that should be at the same price.

Yes, happy with the new dates, only concern is : ''Seats subject to availability'' quote in their Email,

and still no confirmation.

I will post the outcome as to how Travel Trolley manages this situation.

Yes, happy with the new dates, only concern is : ''Seats subject to availability'' quote in their Email,

and still no confirmation.

I will post the outcome as to how Travel Trolley manages this situation.

I got an email from FlySharp when the Winter schedule came out as Gulf changed the flight times slightly - actually happier with the new ones. I had to confirm that I accepted the new schedule & they re-issued the e-ticket. I phoned them on my Thai mobile, as I was there at the time, and they immediately offered to call me back to save me money. Fair play I thought.

I flew Business Class Thai last week... Whilst its not as good as Emirates Business Class its still better than others sych as the terrible Malaysian Business Class.

I had a window seat ... I think it was 25 ... I tell you that BECAUSE opposite the seats didnt have windiws they were up aganst a wall !!!

This was on flight from Sydney to Bangkok .. So I would have hated sitting up against a wall .

The enertainment on Thai business class is shocking compared to Emirates ICE.

Staff were however superb on this flight and I pratically had my own waiter .

I often wonder how the flight stewards can look like barbie dolls .

My seat went right down into a flat bed... But Emirates has the massage option too .

Sydney to Bangkok in business class with Thai & Emirates must be good but please tell me what is the price comparison ???

Same or is one much cheaper than the other ???

Jack,

• 4 weeks later...

The high tech toilet in the Eva lounge at BKK, 2 of the 5 courses I was served on the flight home and another of my size 12's. I think you can see from the last one that I got more room (width) on Eva.

It's funny that the toilet in the EVA lounge was one of your photos -- I REALLY like their Royal Laurel service to/from LAX-BKK, but the thing that still stands out MOST in my mind from that trip was the toilets in the lounge!  555  Those things are magical

Good review/analysis!

• 5 months later...

Thai Air biz lounge at bkk was very poor. For some reason I expected that being in bkk, the Thai air biz lounge would be especially nice.  It isn't, and to make matters worse it gets very, very crowded at times.

No complaints once I was on the plane though. Also, the check in and immigration process at bkk is unbeatable.

Thai Air biz lounge at bkk was very poor. For some reason I expected that being in bkk, the Thai air biz lounge would be especially nice.  It isn't, and to make matters worse it gets very, very crowded at times.

No complaints once I was on the plane though. Also, the check in and immigration process at bkk is unbeatable.

Agree. It's a very poor lounge.

They have other, smaller ones around the airport as well but don't know how busy they get.

The Eva lounge at BKK was much better.

• 1 month later...

Planning to go BBK Vienna and return Amsterdam BKK.

A bit confused, business & Laurel are they the same?

Does business seats go to a flat bed?

15 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Planning to go BBK Vienna and return Amsterdam BKK.

A bit confused, business & Laurel are they the same?

Does business seats go to a flat bed?

Eva Business Class is called either 'Premium Laurel' or 'Royal Laurel'. (I'm not sure if they also have something just called 'Business Class'?)

I think they've upgraded all long haul now to Royal Laurel which is a better product than the older Premium Laurel. Royal has fully flat bed seats.

Edit: SeatGuru shows both routes as Royal Laurel so it's the Business Class I described earlier. 1-2-1 layout, fully flat bed seats, etc.

• 1 month later...

Flying Eva Biz again 3 weeks today so Choose Your Meal was available from today.

Here is the choice:

IMG_6985.thumb.PNG.e72ef2f9464428b41d19e41c7e0d661d.PNG

On 2016-7-22 at 6:03 PM, davidge said:

It's a little better than Economy but nothing like Business.

Econ Width 18.3 Econ Pitch 33 Prem Width 19.5 Prem Pitch 38 Bus Width 26 Bus Pitch 78-87

As you can see, you get 5 inches extra legroom and a slightly wider seat. Nowhere near Biz though.

One other thing is that Prem Econ has fixed armrests so you can't stretch out if there are empty seats next to you.

I have considered it to save money but haven't tried it yet.

I was considering it in January 600euro economy V over 900 is it worth it? Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, adammike said:

I was considering it in January 600euro economy V over 900 is it worth it? Cheers. 

Impossible to answer really, sorry. It's a matter of individual choice. If you've always flown Economy it will feel like an improvement as you get more room and better service. 50% more than Economy is quite a mark up, but Biz is generally about double Premium!

Personally, I don't see Premium as 'half as good again as Economy' but if you need the extra space you may disagree.

8 hours ago, davidge said:

Impossible to answer really, sorry. It's a matter of individual choice. If you've always flown Economy it will feel like an improvement as you get more room and better service. 50% more than Economy is quite a mark up, but Biz is generally about double Premium!

Personally, I don't see Premium as 'half as good again as Economy' but if you need the extra space you may disagree.

I'm on the tall side and in Economy I'm all elbows and knees fighting with the person next to me for a couple of inches of space. So extra the money is well worth it for me especially on the long trans pacific flight i have to take. Wether PE is worth the extra money really depends on how comfortable you can be in Economy for a long flight, especially if you have a large person in the seat next to you

Archived