IGNORED

Suvarnabhumbi to Pattaya Coach/Bus

Harvey707

Am sure we had a thread on this before (may have been TV) is it beside Gate 5 or Gate 7 (or elsewhere) where you book on the spot Bus back to Pattaya bus station with cash or card or whatever. Bell or some other coach ??

We got someone coming into International arrivals with no bags and is more than happy to pay 200 Baht or whatever it is rather than taxi alone ??

Apologies if the other thread is somewhere obvious but couldn't locate it

It's between gate 7 and 8 on the ground floor. Roll up to the desk and buy your ticket.

The buses leave hourly. On the even hours you have the Bell bus (250 Bhat) which includes onward transfer to hotel. On the odd hours you have the "other" bus which costs around 150 baht and doesn't include onward transfer.

Bell is the best option as it drops at hotel. You would have to get from station to hotel anyway so the extra 100bht is worth it 

Do a search on youtube... there are many good videos showing exactly the process for using the bus services.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

• 4 months later...

When i went in october bell didnt have a physical desk and werent taking walk up booking, rather a lady stationed at a bench issuing prebooked tickets, couldnt say whether this is a new permanent fixture or if the desk is shared with another service during the hours i arrived, best bet is to prebook through the bell travel service web page all the information on where to go is stated there and on the receipt, 240 baht with extra bag and hotel transfer (provided your hotel is on the list of hotels they service)

• 1 month later...

U are right....go to Youtube.  Great videos on taking the bus from the airport to pattaya.  

1/2 of the people in this world are decent individuals, but the other half are complete "dickheads".  Whenever you meet a new person, you have to decide which one U got stuck with this time.  If U want to see millions of "cup half full" people, just visit Venezuela today......they are all starving now with their empty cups.

• 2 months later...

Here is the video, have used both Bell and the 389 bus, always seems safer on a bus than the back of a taxi, last year I jumped off the bus on the junction of North Pattaya Rd, I had a suitcase, the moto taxi boys were wanting to take me, no chance with a big suitcase, mad buggers, a baht bus pulled up, I negotiated a price, jumped in the back thinking of we go, and waiting, the greedy fucker was only looking for more customers, so I told him ok let renegotiate if you're going to pick up more, call it 20 baht, he wasn't happy, neither was I, so to his surprise I got off, and started walking, crossed Sukh Rd and kept walking, he lossed out because he thought I was a dumb farang.

Cannot be bothered with all that crap just to save a few baht, i always book my

taxi with Mr T and have always had a good service right to the door of the hotel

I'm staying at cannot beat it.

from arrivals, go to the ground floor, turn left, go as far as you can go, you will see this

IMG_20170325_094449_HDR.jpg

the destination and the price = written on the sign. go up, say 1 ticket please. 

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 20-7-2016 at 8:52 AM, Dalef65 said:

It's between gate 7 and 8 on the ground floor. Roll up to the desk and buy your ticket.

The buses leave hourly. On the even hours you have the Bell bus (250 Bhat) which includes onward transfer to hotel. On the odd hours you have the "other" bus which costs around 150 baht and doesn't include onward transfer.

Bell Travel Service bus is on the even hours.

The 389 bus is hourly.

You can usually find a Bell travel representative at the Information sign close to door 7 about 30 minutes before departure.

4 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

The 389 bus is hourly.

Yes, and the price is now 120B which includes one suitcase. I took it the other day.

Stops are North Pattaya, Central Pattaya, South Pattaya and then the Jomtien terminus.

Do you still have to wait 3 or 4 hours for the 389 Bus? Also do you still have to bribe the 389 bus ticket seller 50B + to jump the queue?

On 07/05/2017 at 5:37 PM, Roving Rover said:

Do you still have to wait 3 or 4 hours for the 389 Bus? Also do you still have to bribe the 389 bus ticket seller 50B + to jump the queue?

I arrived at the ticket office at 7.45am and was on the 8am bus which left bang on time. So I only waited 15 minutes. I find it hard to imagine that one would ever need to wait for longer than the next bus.

I dont pay bribes to anyone here.

On 7.5.2017 at 0:37 PM, Roving Rover said:

Last year when I used this service I was told the bus leaving in half an hour was full, so I bought a ticket for the next one.

Had a quick stroll around the airport. When I came back after 20 minutes there was suddenly available seats on the first bus.

Maybe he hoped I would suggest something?

Ive always used pattaya taxi's to pick me up at BKK airport and take me to my hotel in Pattaya.  I always think this is the best way BUT I would be interested to see how long it would take me to get from the airport to my hotel in Pattaya by bus.  By taxi it normally takes about 90 minutes

Here we go again!!!

We have a guy ask "only" about the big bus, a coach and Bell and we get replies about taxi and car service.

In the past I ask "only" about getting to Pattaya using a taxi or car service. Then here come all the post tell me to the take the bus, when they stop running before I arrive and don't start in the morning until after my flight. Then here come the post about taking the BTS and walk a little to get the bus, which after then getting to Pattaya, still have to find some sort of transportation while carrying 2 check bags and two carry-on bags after have been traveling 32 ++ hours.

Sorry, but now I feel better.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 2 weeks later...

What about Bell buses nows. Is it necessary to pay online ? Or can we book online and pay in cash at the front office just before departure, same before ?

On 5/8/2017 at 6:15 PM, radleiv said:

Last year when I used this service I was told the bus leaving in half an hour was full, so I bought a ticket for the next one.

Had a quick stroll around the airport. When I came back after 20 minutes there was suddenly available seats on the first bus.

Maybe he hoped I would suggest something?

Same thing happened to me.. I think we have to be more vigilant about not giving bribes. It just encourages them to do it more!

On 4/17/2017 at 1:56 AM, Jerboa said:

a baht bus pulled up, I negotiated a price, jumped in the back thinking of we go, and waiting, the greedy fucker was only looking for more customers, so I told him ok let renegotiate if you're going to pick up more, call it 20 baht, he wasn't happy, neither was I, so to his surprise I got off, and started walking, crossed Sukh Rd and kept walking, he lossed out because he thought I was a dumb farang.

I bet he is really crying into his Leo about that huge 20 Baht "lossed out."

Today I once again took the 389 bus from airport to Jomtien. I was visiting Bangkok for business and wanted to go directly to Jomtien as my TGF can pick me up from the bus stop. Me and my collague were in the airport counter 3:05pm and we got the tickets for 4pm. No hassle.

We were near Makkasan, so very easy to get ourselves to the Suvarnabhumi with airport link train. 10/10. 120bht well spent.

Archived