IGNORED

one day overstay on leaving at the airport

donaus

has anyone had any recent (within last  month) experience of being  1day over when they have gone to leave the country. and what action if any has been taken such as a fine (500)  or no fine or any endorsement in their passport or any other action taken...many thanks

no problem . 1st 24 hours of overstay no charge when leaving from the airport .

my exp aswell but 2 years ago.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

is that  your  personal experience and  when was that? many thanks

is that your personal experience and when was that? many thanks

One year ago the custom officer said:' go for stamp, no worry, one day nevermind no pay'.

Last March, they didn't say anything, my friend with two days overstay got fined 1000 .

Sent from a Samsung soon

True but you still get the little red mark in Passport and will be on immigration records. I had two in previous passport and was warned against getting a third

True but you still get the little red mark in Passport and will be on immigration records. I had two in previous passport and was warned against getting a third

Correct. Overstay 1 day you will not have to pay the 500 baht (normally you get charged 500 p/day for each day you overstay), but you do get it recorded that you overstayed. Happened to me earlier this year. 

I got pulled out the queue at customs last month for being one day over, he stamped my passport, wrote something in it and told me it's 500 baht a day fine but i wouldn't be fined as only one day 

I left on 1 march one day overstay,I was staying in Jomtien so i went to immigration and they said one day no problem,got to airport and they took me to the desk

behind the booth and i got the regular triangular exit stamp plus another one directly underneath? no fine,I will get a visa for next year as i want to stay for seven weeks will find out if its a problem in December when i go to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam not expecting any.

Although I agree with the comments above, I'd still be going to Jomtien and paying for an extension - but that's just me

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The first day is no charge.  But if there is more than one day then they charge for the first day as well.

Although I agree with the comments above, I'd still be going to Jomtien and paying for an extension - but that's just me

I'm not absolutely certain that there may not be consequences if you were unlucky enough to be stopped & checked before getting to the airport. Yes, I know it's VERY unlikely, and I've never been checked in all my visits going back nearly 30 years, but I'm completely anal about stuff like this. ☺

Not sure you will get an extension for one day,I was a bit concerned about being in Bangkok and getting stopped but I left the hotel in the morning and went directly to the airport, a mate wanted me to pick up some sleeping pills for him now that would have been a worry, so I didn't bother, being picked up in bangkok with a pocket full of pills no thanks.

Not sure you will get an extension for one day,I was a bit concerned about being in Bangkok and getting stopped but I left the hotel in the morning and went directly to the airport, a mate wanted me to pick up some sleeping pills for him now that would have been a worry, so I didn't bother, being picked up in bangkok with a pocket full of pills no thanks.

No, I meant get the 30-day extension for 1900 baht.

A friend was going to be 2 days over last year so he went and got the extension.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

One day there is no charge but they do send you to the overstay desk to stamp it and send you on your way.

2 or 3 days they charged 500 per day.

not a big deal at the airport.

By the way, I believe they count both arrival day and departure day. Let's say you arrive 15 August and leave 15 September. Many people might think that's 31 days, but Thai immigration will count it as 32 days and charge you 1000 baht for the 2 excess days.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

By the way, I believe they count both arrival day and departure day. Let's say you arrive 15 August and leave 15 September. Many people might think that's 31 days, but Thai immigration will count it as 32 days and charge you 1000 baht for the 2 excess days.

That's how I got caught out , thought 30 nights was OK but that counts as 31 days,so the 30 day visa you get on arrival is really 29 nights.

I know officially it is that there is no fine for one day but there were reports a while ago about people getting fined 500 Baht for a one day over-stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'd be far more concerned about having a record of overstays, regardless of the number of days, than any fine. The overstay fines are cheap; being turned away upon your next entry could be far more expensive.

Happened to me in March, fined 1000bht. Two days over.

You can get banned from entering Thailand only if you overstay >6months. Arguining here about 1 or 2 days is ridiculous.

23 24 25 26 27 28 years old farang & living in Pattaya north Thailand. :Finger4:

And I ride Kawasaki KSR only!

That's how I got caught out , thought 30 nights was OK but that counts as 31 days,so the 30 day visa you get on arrival is really 29 nights.

Luckily I found that out by accident before I booked my flights otherwise I would have counted like you. 

Luckily I found that out by accident before I booked my flights otherwise I would have counted like you. 

next time flying from the uk (if you book with them or not) put your dates of intended travel into netflights.com and it automatically calculates the number of nights for you

You can get banned from entering Thailand only if you overstay >6months. Arguining here about 1 or 2 days is ridiculous.

Technically if you are arrested even one or two days overstay can become a serious problem

Archived