IGNORED

best visa for me to stay ?

skorp

i am both uk and irish citizen  dual nationality.   i am not yet 50 year old for retirement but i want to stay for say 6 months. 

where shall i obtain the visa in thai consul dublin or hull ?    

do i need a double or a triple entry entry ?

whats best option.    

also what is all round best visa option to make in future , i was told by someone to pay 2k a year and get a work visa ?   dont know the ins and outs of that one or if it is true or not.

cheers

I reckon you'll have to get your double entry. Stay 60 days, extend by 30 days at Jomtien ( chon buri ) immigration. Before that expires you'll need to leave the country ( normally to Laos) and go to an embassy and apply for the same visa again and then extend that one. That will give you 6 months. I haven't done it for a few years so not 100% sure it's possible but it used to be the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as a double entry tourist visa anymore . 

Get a single entry tourist visa (SETV) in your home country as they're pretty easy to become . Gives you 60 days and

30 extra with a 1900Bht extension in immigration Jomtien . Make a little side trip to Cambodia after 90 days and get

another single entry tourist in Phnom Penh what gives you another 60 days + 30 days extension again in Jomtien . 

Forget about a work permit etc . 

I reckon you'll have to get your double entry. Stay 60 days, extend by 30 days at Jomtien ( chon buri ) immigration. Before that expires you'll need to leave the country ( normally to Laos) and go to an embassy and apply for the same visa again and then extend that one. That will give you 6 months. I haven't done it for a few years so not 100% sure it's possible but it used to be the go.

Laos Vientiane . still possible as well . I see Air Asia is having direct flights to Vientiane 

since a few months for around a 1000Bht so this is a good option as well . Not much 

mongering in Vientiane anymore though and the possibilities in Phnom Penh are much 

better . 

A 6 month multiple entry visa (METV) would be a good option. Try for that before stuffing around with going to adjoining countries for new visas. Try your nearest consulate.

If you are willing to part with 2K a year you could look at the Thai Elite Thailand Easy Access Membership program that would give you a 5 year visa for 500000 Baht

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived