Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Motorbike seat Customised?

noshow

I know about the Thai laws regarding slander, so I will be careful with what I am saying.

My Forza seat was shredded by rats, so a friend in Pattaya took me to this motorbike seat repair shop

in Thepprasit Road opp Soi 8.

They were asked to repair the seat and customise it, they charged me 2000Bt, so I was fine with that, but

the seat was handed back to me being repaired ok but was not customised at all.

Anyone know what I should do about this?  Thank you.

Did you give them a drawing or a photo from the internet to show them what you wanted or what?

Had 3 seats done there no problem but communicating to them what you want was the key.

OnTheEdge is 100% correct you need to be 100% certain your wishes have been understood Many Thais will smile and say yes to what you tell them in English.

However most of the time thai have not understood what you have said always get a Thai who can understand English and tell them.

And make a drawing or plan of what you need doing.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

OnTheEdge is 100% correct you need to be 100% certain your wishes have been understood Many Thais will smile and say yes to what you tell them in English.

However most of the time thai have not understood what you have said always get a Thai who can understand English and tell them.

JDM

Specifically in that shop there is a lady who does understand English, but the guy who does the work doesn't understand a word, so if she isn't in or she doesn't get across to him exactly what you want, he'll use his initiative (guess) and obviously this was a Fail.

Find what you want on the internet and get it printed - 2 copies, one to leave in the shop and one to keep as reference.

Even if the English speaking lady isn't there a clear photo' works where words often fail.....often the case here IME.

Did you give them a drawing or a photo from the internet to show them what you wanted or what?

Had 3 seats done there no problem but communicating to them what you want was the key.

My friend did all the talking, first they told me to come back the day after next in the morning, I went to pick it up and it was not ready, they then said come back in an hour, it was still not ready, I saw him working on it, and there was still a bit to do, I was told to phone him later that afternoon, it was then ready.

I just could not recommend this place to anybody.

JDM

The fact is he charged me 2000 Bt, and did not customize the seat at all, just before that I got my PCX seat fixed at another place, not in Pattaya, it had 

the same damage, an excellent job done and it cost me only 3.500 Bt.

I know the Forza seat is in two parts and a bit bigger, but that is some price difference.

My friend did all the talking, first they told me to come back the day after next in the morning, I went to pick it up and it was not ready, they then said come back in an hour, it was still not ready, I saw him working on it, and there was still a bit to do, I was told to phone him later that afternoon, it was then ready.

I just could not recommend this place to anybody.

Fair enough............

..........now about the rats.........

I know about the Thai laws regarding slander, so I will be careful with what I am saying.

My Forza seat was shredded by rats, so a friend in Pattaya took me to this motorbike seat repair shop

in Thepprasit Road opp Soi 8.

They were asked to repair the seat and customise it, they charged me 2000Bt, so I was fine with that, but

the seat was handed back to me being repaired ok but was not customised at all.

Anyone know what I should do about this?  Thank you.

No problem....... this is Thailand and write it off as a learning curve,not worth the grief :Think1:

The fact is he charged me 2000 Bt, and did not customize the seat at all, just before that I got my PCX seat fixed at another place, not in Pattaya, it had 

the same damage, an excellent job done and it cost me only 3.500 Bt.

I know the Forza seat is in two parts and a bit bigger, but that is some price difference.

Sorry, a typo, I meant 350Bt  :laugh:

Fair enough............

..........now about the rats.........

How do I get rid of them without endangering any of my three dogs or cat?  Mothballs?

No problem....... this is Thailand and write it off as a learning curve,not worth the grief :Think1:

I see your point, but even If I can't do anything about it, is it not fair to let other bikers know? :Anger8:

How do I get rid of them without endangering any of my three dogs or cat?  Mothballs?

You mean without Poison presumably.

There are cage traps available which would be no danger to your pets, though they might try to get at any caught.

The sticky pads are also quite effective, especially with young ones.

You need to think how you can place they so they're not accessible to larger animals.

They can be most effective if you leave the first caught there as the others will join it.

In both cases you should preferably be prepared to drown them - not release them a couple of Sois away to annoy someone else.

You mean without poison presumably.

There are cage traps available which would be no danger to your pets, though they might try to get at any caught.

The sticky pads are also quite effective, especially with young ones.

You need to think how you can place they so they're not accessible to larger animals.

They can be most effective if you leave the first caught there as the others will join it.

In both cases you should preferably be prepared to drown them - not release them a couple of Sois away to annoy someone else.

No, I could not drown them, I do have a trap like you mentioned, the cage trap, I did catch one in it, as I live in a village, I took

it on the motorbike about five Ks away and set it free in the wild.

I like the idea of sticky pads, how do you get them free after you catch them? You probably can't.

Do you know if mothballs will keep them away from the motorbike seats? I don't need to worry about my three dogs, as the motorbikes will be in an enclosed space.

No, I could not drown them, I do have a trap like you mentioned, the cage trap, I did catch one in it, as I live in a village, I took

it on the motorbike about five Ks away and set it free in the wild.

I like the idea of sticky pads, how do you get them free after you catch them? You probably can't.

After you submerge the pad in a tub of water for 5 minutes they come off quite easily. :-)

Archived