IGNORED

Work permits required to rent out condos?

chris2004

I have been reading with interest the recent reports in Thai Visa about the authorities in Phuket confirming that condo rentals under 30 days are illegal. Certainly my condo does not allow these short term rentals although many, like VT6, seem to get away with it. A more recent report seems to indicate they the authorities there now require foreigners to have a work permit to rent out condos, presumably for any period. They are in effect classing the rental of condos, and the associated income, as a business. On the face of it that seems reasonable, i mean what's the difference between a farang renting out rooms for a number of condos compared to renting out rooms in a hotel (which is clearly a business).

If this becomes enforced across Thailand it could have a big impact on the condo market.

I'm guessing that the Phuket hotel association (or what ever it is) is leaning on the authorities. Whether it will spread to other areas only time will tell.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If this goes through there will come a lot of condos for sale at VERY affordable prices . 

How about renting out houses ?? 

Is it permissible for condo owners hire a Thai-owned property management to rent out the condo?

I was told there was a property management service in Pattaya that will move all of your items into storage, rent out and manage your unit while you're gone, and place all of your items back when you return for your stay.

I have been reading with interest the recent reports .................

We're 3 pages deep already.    :GoldenSmile1:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/298067-renting-your-condo-short-term-is-illegal/

Archived