IGNORED

travel insurance

tre123

Hello just wanted to know what's the best travel insurance to pattaya?

Wouldn't that depend on your location.

In the uk I just got a reasonable deal with Sainsbury's £40 for annual cover and multiple trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

August 2015: 1st Trip [Report] | November 2015: 2nd trip | February/March 2016: 3rd trip | August 2016: 4th Trip [Report

November 2016: 5th Trip booked | December 2016: Moving to Thailand :D

I'm in the usa I found one for 70 dollars. Just wanted to know if others had a good company they recommend.

Can't really give you a good recommendation in the US but my personal feeling is its worth paying a bit extra for decent cover and decent service.  The last thing you need if something goes wrong on holiday is extra stress or high excess charges.

I'm with LV= which from memory was about £100 for annual cover but its pretty comprehensive and I am sure it was recommended somewhere like Which.

There shouldn't be anything specific you are looking for in a policy when going to Pattaya, as opposed to anywhere else in Asia, unless you want to hire a moped, go diving or jetskiing.  These are all unlikely to be covered on basic policies. 

If you think you are going abroad more than twice an annual, multi visit policy is probably cheaper but if you are lucky enough to have trips longer than 30 days at a time check that you would be covered.

Got it with my AMEX card expensive slipped and broke my arm went to hospital said I was with Amex is that a problem the answer NO. Whoever you go with pay a little extra and hope you never need it, one of the cheapest insurance you can get.

I'm in the usa I found one for 70 dollars. Just wanted to know if others had a good company they recommend.

I used HTH Travel insurance last year and just bought another policy from them for my trip this year. The selling pint for me was that they deal directly with the hospital and pay the bills for you so there is no money out of pocket for you if you need

medical attention. Other companies made you pay first and then reimbursed you after filing a claim. I called to confirm with them before I bought the policy and they said the did, in fact, pay up front directly to the hospital.

They also have an app to make things easier once you are traveling as well as providing you with an insurance card that you can carry with you.

I didn't have any incidents requiring medical attention while I was away so I never got to use their services. My fingers are

crossed in case something happens but they have good reviews on the net.

$58 for a 17 day trip this year. That was their best policy with zero deductible and $1,000,000 worth of coverage. I only bought medical insurance but they have trip cancellation insurance as well.

Look around. You may find something better. If you do, post it here for those who are interested.

Im insured with southdowns travel insurance. the cost was £122 for annual cover. A bit pricey but the policy has a five star defacto rating and the company gets good reports from people who have insured with them. I have never had to claim off them (hopefully I never will) so I cant say whether they are good or bad.

I can tell you one to avoid. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES PURCHASE HOLIDAY INSURANCE FROM VIRGIN TRAVEL. Sorry for shouting but i have to emphasis the point. I tried to claim off of them for a missed flight and they have used every excuse not to pay out, the case is currently going through small claims. they know they are going to have to pay out eventually but they have delayed and delayed in the hope I will get bored with fighting them.

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Here in Aus we have comparison websites show us the price what your covered for and any little hidden extras. I never leave Australia without travel insurance I don't necessarily buy the cheapest but one that covers all medical and gives me an unlimited amount on medical coverage is a must for me.

Hello just wanted to know what's the best travel insurance to pattaya?

Check out the links below. As a minimum you'll want a policy with evacuation and repatriation. Forget the cheapo policies that don't have this. Have a good trip. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=lonely%20planet%20travel%20insurance

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=travel%20insurance%20evacuation%20and%20repatriation

insuratrip.co.uk cover includes scoter cover

that is .. if you fall off one

Ive got an annual out of UK running into 13th year. Couple minor claims medicals no problem. Currently £41 for unlimited trips but 60 day maximum individual trip

I remove all the "extras" like missed departure lost cash etc etc etc to leave just medical cover only. Thats for a 56 year old with no history of Heart, stokes etc but did have cancer over 10 years ago (after 10 years it becomes coverable at normal rates)

Search the net, compare the markets dot com.

Check all conditions & small print.

Also if you have any health problems tell them as if you claim it can make your insurance void.

Also note most travel insurance has a maximum stay on your trips.

If you exceed it you have no cover.

Shop around is my advice.

Cheap is not always best.

What company are you with? thanks

Multitrip insurance (thats what they are called).....There were many others just £1 or £2 higher currently same cover

Hi all does anyone have any suggestions where to get cover for longer trips? I'm looking to be out in Thailand for 3/6 months? Most policies are only 30/60 days max. Does anyone have any personal recommendations at all ?

Hi all does anyone have any suggestions where to get cover for longer trips? I'm looking to be out in Thailand for 3/6 months? Most policies are only 30/60 days max. Does anyone have any personal recommendations at all ?

Some suggestions in the link below where search terms = "long duration travel insurance". At least one person on this forum reported that his company tried to avoid paying a claim, so some research into any potential choice is recommended.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=long+duration+travel+insurance

• 2 weeks later...

I use insuremytrip.com from the US. Speak to them in person for the best explaination. They compare insurance rates of all the top companies.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

insureandgo do 90 day trip on their  annual cover . 

Archived