IGNORED

Restaurant recommendations?

Worldmonger

For BM's who live in Pattaya long term or travel to there frequently, what's your favorite restaurant that you recommend to everyone?

Looking for a trip out later this year, and I'd like to avoid hotel food if possible.

DeeMak cites an excellent resource .. but .. but .. I would not trust reviews by farang for reliable Thai restaurants .. go with what the locals advise .. farang will generally have reliable reviews on farang cuisine, but not Thai.

You are going to find many great choices .. not so much for fine dining, but there are some very good kitchens serving the mid-market here, and the 'peasant food' off of the street is glorious.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I always enjoy the Dragon Inn at the top of Soi Diana (opposite SubWay). Really good seafood curries and the beers are cold and cheap. The kitchen closes about 10pm

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

DeeMak cites an excellent resource .. but .. but .. I would not trust reviews by farang for reliable Thai restaurants .. go with what the locals advise .. farang will generally have reliable reviews on farang cuisine, but not Thai.

You are going to find many great choices .. not so much for fine dining, but there are some very good kitchens serving the mid-market here, and the 'peasant food' off of the street is glorious.

Thanks, I believe the street cart cuisine will be an excellent adventure for me, maybe not so for my stomach, lol.

Where would these mid-market kitchens be located? I assume they won't be anywhere close to the tourist spots.

I always enjoy the Dragon Inn at the top of Soi Diana (opposite SubWay). Really good seafood curries and the beers are cold and cheap. The kitchen closes about 10pm

I couldn't locate Dragon Inn, I googled it and got Diana Dragon Apartment, and Diana Inn.

I couldn't locate Dragon Inn, I googled it and got Diana Dragon Apartment, and Diana Inn.

Probably the former as they rent out rooms as well.

For me two spring to mind.

Jomiten. Le Petit Bouchon (think this means Little Chef). Great food and very decent portions.

Pattaya. Na Bahn. I'm told in the top ten in Pattaya. But it does depend which social media site you look at. Located by Big C just before Dolphin Roundabout. Opposite Differ. Always busy but well worth a visit.

my new favorite     wooden box   jomtien

There is a little Thai place I found about 4 months ago. Walked passed it many times and never noticed it. It's right across the street from Friendship market on Pattaya Tai and the official name is "Toto Coffee." But don't look for that, because they have no sign. And it is much more than a coffee shop.

Great Pad See Ew and the best Pad Thai I have ever eaten. Also a really good noodle soup with chicken. One girl I took there ordered the western style food (don't remember what it was) and it looked like shit. No surprise there. But the Thai food is incredible.

EDIT: Additionally there is loads of good street food on Pattaya Tai between Tuckom and 2nd Road, as well as a few small Thai restaurants.

One of my fav spots

Really good Thai food and really not that expensive for the quality and a great people watching spot

ok if your a big eater especiallly breakfast then RETOX on soi lenkee cannot be beaten  99baht for a massive and i say " MASSIVE " big breakfast with tea/coffee/orange.

then you have foodland on central rd.  theres a restauraunt in there,  really well priced food from spagetti to thai food to a farmer breakfast with coffee for 82 baht.   i go all the time and its the best value

then you have a lovely little place called THE DELI DINER right next door to tukcom,  very big breakfast in there infact it rivals if not beats the RETOX breakfast.  very very well priced food , i had last week a really big tuna baked potato with side salad , lovely !!  for 120 baht.

then you have the cheap eating places inside big c on pattaya central rd, pattaya klang....40 baht for a plate of whatever thai food you like,  i love it there because food is cheap,  its clean and its handy to go there.  

i used to go to KISS  on 2nd rd but its got really expensive and the food is low grade shit.  rice is old probably hours sitting in the cooker,  just a shit over priced restuaraunt  so give it a miss. 

JOLLYS on top end soi buakao is very good but pricey.  i go maybe once on a trip with gf only to let her eat steak  but i do not like to pay over 300 baht for a plate of food as im usually on budget . 

then of course my favourite all time places are on soi buakao top end market,  loads of thai food there for 40 baht,  stumble out of the r-con corner bar at 5pm and head over there for a big plate of kap moo or baa dook or goi teeow thai noodle soup.  simply cannot be beaten. 

what i will say here is , do not go to any of the breakfast bin LEK or APEX hotels,  food is absolute shite,  you have been warned !!

MG Pattaya 25 are you talking about Krua nha bahn in north Pattaya around the corner from the Rose Bay Resort?

That is one of my ultimate favourites in Pattaya very good cheap and consistent nevet have had a bad meal there.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest when I'll be in pattaya I'm not eating in restaurant coz I love street foods and one of the reasons I'm flying always to Thailand

To be honest when I'll be in pattaya I'm not eating in restaurant coz I love street foods and one of the reasons I'm flying always to Thailand

Good place is outside Family Mart on second road between Sois 13 and 13/1

• 1 month later...

The Ritz in the Jomtien Complex. You get a starter, main course, and sweet. The portions are more than adequate and the choice plentiful. Make sure you go hungry or you won't eat it all. Best times between 6-8 PM. At times you cannot get a seat.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I believe the street cart cuisine will be an excellent adventure for me, maybe not so for my stomach, lol.

Where would these mid-market kitchens be located? I assume they won't be anywhere close to the tourist spots.

Unfortunately the powers that be in Pattaya seem to be trying to get rid of many of the food carts.  They seem to have almost gone from Beach road and many other roads around there.  If they think this will make Pattaya a better place for visitors I think they are very wrong.  It takes away the character of the place and that is what people want to see when they visit another country.  As for the food on the stalls, some of it is brilliant, the variety could not be beaten and it isn`t expensive or Thai people would not be buying it.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I would say Jollys as well on Soi Buakhao. It is not expensive. I had a large very nice gammon steak there today for 189 baht. Large mixed grill is 225 baht.

i used to go to KISS  on 2nd rd but its got really expensive and the food is low grade shit.  rice is old probably hours sitting in the cooker,  just a shit over priced restuaraunt  so give it a miss. 

Do you really think Kiss have good and cheap food. You get a cheeseburger for 60 baht, and thai food are about 50. One of the most reasonable places in central Pattaya in my optinion, and it is open 24h. The quality is not the best, but nothing that makes me cringe. Pretty small portions though.

• 1 month later...

Mantra is one of the best and very highly rated restaurants in pattaya, a full on meal and drinks around 2500 baht pp. I personally love the hopf on beach road, it brews it's own beer, fancy place and food and drinks cost around 850 baht pp.

Archived