IGNORED

Useful Forum Functions

Note (13 March 2017): The information in this post is out of date. Once the recent forum update is complete I will update the information.

To help people use the forum efficiently I am going to start some threads about various forum features. I will start some features that I find useful in the page headers. The numbers in the red circles relate to the notes below.

header.jpg

1) Click 'Rules' to see a list of the forum rules. You should have at least have some understanding of the rules. The biggest two IMO is not to offend the Thai King and don't show the forum to any Thai women.

2) The small envelope is a link to your PMs. If you have one or more unread PMs a number will appear in the upper left of the icon. Clicking the link will show you a drop-down menu with recent PMs. The see all your messages clcik 'View All Messages' in hte drop-down menu.

3) The next icon across is you notifications. Here you will find messages if someone has quoted you. If you have some notifications there will be a number in the upper left. Clicking it shows a drop down menu. Each entry has 3 links: one to the posters profile, one to the post in which he quoted you and one to the post he quoted. You can also see all of your notification via a link in the drop-down menu.

4) The next thing across is your forum name. If you click this a drop-down menu appears with a number of options. The link 'My Content' is useful as it gives you a list of all the threads you have posted in arranged by when it was last posted in.

5) This is the search box. Enter the term you want to search for click the magnifying glass or hit enter. You can find more search options by clicking the wheel to the right of the magnifying glass.

6) The 'View New Content' link will provide a listing of the most recent material posted on the forum. It will list each thread with the most recent ones posted in near the top.

I think what I will do next is an explanation of features available while posting and editing options after it is posted.

Here are some other threads that you may be interested in:

How to insert a photo within text

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Always handy for helping people new to the forum navigate it,even now theres features i wont use and maybe never will! 

Great post idea. Thank you for the work involved.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

The search function on the forum sucks sweaty arse!

Probably because of two reasons: the first is that people use the same terms and language continually (some with poor spelling skills) and the second is that people don't know how to perform searches properly. Neither of these have anything to do with the forum software.

• Like 1

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Probably because of two reasons: the first is that people use the same terms and language continually (some with poor spelling skills) and the second is that people don't know how to perform searches properly. Neither of these have anything to do with the forum software.

Are you saying PA is full of dimwits scumbag! :rolleyes:

Are you saying PA is full of dimwits scumbag! :rolleyes:

It seems to be an issue (ie restricted vocabulary, poor spelling and searching skills) with much of the internet community...:P

• 2 weeks later...

How do i get the smiley s ???/ emoticans

Edited by badboybilly

How do i get the smiley s ???/ emoticans

Coming soon!....:P

• 3 months later...

Need help please

I'm unable to use the very useful links "view new content" fonction !

When I'm click on it # sorry no new content found #

What's wrong ? I do not change parameters..can't understand why it's not work anymore.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Becoz I am a little dense I need some help....... I want to know how I can capture a specific post within a thread so that I can respond directly to that post. That is to say.... How can I capture the post and copy it so that I can reply to that specific post? Thanks for any assistance.

Becoz I am a little dense I need some help....... I want to know how I can capture a specific post within a thread so that I can respond directly to that post. That is to say.... How can I capture the post and copy it so that I can reply to that specific post? Thanks for any assistance.

If you look at the lower right corner of the persons post you want to quote, You will see a 

"tab" that says "quote" click on that. It will auto open a dialog box with that post  all ready for you to type in.

If you look at the lower right corner of the persons post you want to quote, You will see a 

"tab" that says "quote" click on that. It will auto open a dialog box with that post  all ready for you to type in.

Sure does ☺

Thank-you Harry Brown and Mr Medic999

Must be either me or my computer, but I just attempted the aforementioned remedy and it did not work as advertised. Hmmmm?

Edited by bertik

I have the same problem with the quote button........worked well for years but lately does not

I have the same problem with the quote button........worked well for years but lately does not

Ensure your Browser is current/updated. If that does nothing, try another Browser, e.g., if you use Explorer, try Firefox

Ensure your Browser is current/updated. If that does nothing, try another Browser, e.g., if you use Explorer, try Firefox

O.k.  alright. Did exactly as you suggested.... went from I.E. to Mozilla (firefox) Now I can Quote. Thanks so much. U R the King

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to do a search for it, but where is the option to view this website in text style only so that there are no pictures or graphics.  Thank you.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 1 year later...

I tried searching.

I use other forums with the same platform.

Help...
Whete the eff is "mark content read"  or the equivalent while logged on to an android phone?  I feel like an idiot but I am tired of looking for it.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, ccrider said:

I tried searching.

Help...
Whete the eff is "mark content read"  or the equivalent while logged on to an android phone?  I feel like an idiot but I am tired of looking for it.

Thanks

It keeps the thread from showing up again because you already "read it."

There is a way to "mark site read" as well.

52 minutes ago, ccrider said:

I tried searching.

Help...

Thanks

17 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

It keeps the thread from showing up again because you already "read it."

There is a way to "mark site read" as well.

Try this, not sure about mobile if it is the same but on my computer it's scroll to the end of page and it's on the right hand side.

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 12.07.20 pm.png