IGNORED

Wooden Box

just hanging

new restaurant next to court house jomtien.    grow their own salad and huge salad menu.  big menu otherwise with some great choices.  I was going to get the fruit in the pineapple, looked great but then I saw the sausages, had to do it

https://www.facebook.com/1678696159077417/photos/a.1688424611437905.1073741827.1678696159077417/1688424118104621/?type=3

hydroponic

IMG_7064.JPG

cheese sticks

IMG_7066.jpg

sausage and onion rings and salad

IMG_7065.jpg

need to get Evil down for a real review

Will have to give this place a try. I'm always on the look out for a good salad and healthy food which is quite hard to find in Pattaya. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have to give this place a try. I'm always on the look out for a good salad and healthy food which is quite hard to find in Pattaya. Thanks for posting.

you want the killer salads  this is it, a whole separate menu just for salads and they are huge and a choice of about 12 salad dressings

I live salads and fruit and this is a great place for it

absolutely my new favorite restaurant.  I can go for a week and not order the same thing.  Incredible restaurant and could be a hit in NYC at 25% of the price, or less.    Evil must do a review, he will agree and most under 300 baht.  3 big menus and I havent gotten to the salads yet

IMG_7124.jpg

specials of the day.   didnt even get to it

chicken tacos, killer

IMG_7125.JPG

mixed fruity in pineapple, incredible

IMG_7127.jpg

I just might go there everyday this week

I went there with the mrs the other day after reading your review.

We were both very impressed. I ordered a salad. What I like is that you can design your own salad and they are very big. I also had the chicken tacos that were good. The mrs enjoyed her food. Recommend this place.

Nice staff too.

5671ffe6aa07d73204d7cde566cd6b9b.jpgd14100580163d814d68f47b041699f8e.jpg6ba8a5539489b28e033b984ff8f0b02d.jpg11b6b41d6624e0c88131aee7e026769b.jpg

the pork chop and the friend chicken are next on my list

The food looks good thats for sure,but the `wooden box` dosnt sound very inviting does it! :laugh:

The food looks kind of strange to me.

What is that white stuff on the tacos? Salad cream, mayo, or sour cream?

On the fruit salad, it looks like salad cream.

Most Jomtien residents will be in one soon

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Looks really tasty is it close to VT2 have to check it out when I'm on the ground.

Looks like the claw from the black lagoon

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Looks really tasty is it close to VT2 have to check it out when I'm on the ground.

You wouldn't want to walk it - at least, I wouldn't want to walk it :-)

It's on Thappraya though so plenty of baht buses to take you from/to VT2 for 10 baht each way.

I'm in VT2 at the moment.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes, looks very appetizing . Restaurant Is close to where I will be staying in October. Will definetly give it a try.

Many thanks to OP for thread.

Would never have tried this restaurant without it.

Had excellent meal tonight.

Will post pics etc later.

four of us went for lunch.  after we hung out on the side patio and they have some animals there.   we were playing with the squirrels in a cage, super friendly, holding his arms way out so you could rub his belly.   But the owl was the coolest ever, not scared at all but I was too scared to pet it. Never seen on in captivity like this.....wow

IMG_7255.jpg

A few more details of last night's meal.

I went with a friend and his wife & daughter.

First there is the salad. For 79 baht you get to choose 3 types of lettuce, 3 other items and a dressing. You can choose extra items such as bacon etc for 8 baht each and further items such as shrimp, lobster etc if you want. Friend's wife just ordered shrimps with the salad and that was her meal. The salads were huge.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Friend and I ordered 3 appetisers to share. It was far too much. We had garlic bread (there were 3 pieces - I'd already had one before taking picture), cheese sticks (no photo) and spinach spring rolls. There was double the amount of spring rolls we were expecting.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

There is a wide range of main courses on the menu. Pork, steak, lobster, pasta, mushroom dishes, chicken and Thai fusion.

Friend and daughter both had pasta and said it was very good. I tried one of the Thai Fusion dishes - chicken, rice and sprouts/shoots (I forget what type they were). I didn't really do the main course justice as by the time I'd eaten the salad & appetisers I regretted ordering it. I was stuffed! It was very good nevertheless - though I did feel some sort of dip with the chicken would have been a finishing touch.

image.jpeg

All in all, the food was excellent and I certainly intend to eat there again on my next visit.

The total bill for 4 of us - including a bottle of wine - was just over 2000 baht.

had the fish sticks and chicken sticks today, great    and then played with my new friend, so friendly but dont know what he is

IMG_7290.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

nice lunch today

chicken tenders.jpg

lobster garlic.jpg

pork stuffed with chees and ham.jpg

there were 4 scallops but friends got to them before the pic

scalops.jpg

• 1 month later...

new soup, great.   carrot ginger, not a soup person but thick, the only way I like it, and delicious   

Soup Carrot ginger.jpg

sp;aghetti cabanara.jpg

JH,

What are the good points and bad points of Wooden Box v Sizzler?  Do you prefer Wooden Box?

JH,

What are the good points and bad points of Wooden Box v Sizzler?  Do you prefer Wooden Box?

siszler salad buffet good.  regular ordered food okay

this place no buffet but you can order a huge salad however you want, and not expensive.  that being said teh food there is terrific, and good portions and most come with some salad

took a fussy friend there yesterday, ordered the eggs Benedict [i was a bit worried cause Evil didn't like it].  He loved it and was gonna come back for dinner too.  Got another english buddy that will only eat english breakfasts, forced him there and now he is trying all sorts of stuff and likes it.   great place good prices

had lunch today and  I am ordering the masaman curry next time for sure.  Thai girl with us ordered it, big bowl, really thick, lots of chicken and excellent.....I love that dish but hard to find a good version, this one is great.   No pics looked so good they dove into it right away.

next time that and the carrot soup....mmmmm good

Archived