IGNORED

Voltage converter from uk

nunchuck

Hi

Please can someone help i need to take a voltage converter to los

What type do i need and where can i buy in uk

Thanks

For any help

Not sure what you mean. Thailand works on 220v and all my uk stuff works with a standard 2 pin travel plug

Not sure what you mean. Thailand works on 220v and all my uk stuff works with a standard 2 pin travel plug

That's always been my experience also

Its fot gf heated hair iron Last time they burnt out after 5 min

Brand new !!!

Was told in uk to get voltage converter

Not sure what to buy

Thanks

As stated above voltage convertor not required and many shops in Thailand sell the multi socket electrical adapters that fit UK style plugs that plug in directly for about 350/550 Baht so you don't even need a travel adapter

But make sure you get the adaptor checked out before paying for it as most if not ALL shops here have very bad customer service and no return policy and also shake it around as many have broken plastic mounting pieces inside

Thailand works on 220V but all 240V UK stuff works here   50hz frequency and PAL system for TV's

3G -Girls,GTi's&Golf,1st came Girls then GOLF GTI MK1and finally Golf the Game.Not sure which I spent more on? Enjoyed all 3 though ;-)
3F's Fuckin',Fuckin'about&Fuckin'up(hopefully loads of 1st&2nd but very little 3rd

Its fot gf heated hair iron Last time they burnt out after 5 min

Brand new !!!

Was told in uk to get voltage converter

Not sure what to buy

Thanks

Should be no problem with electrical supply well within limits the hair iron was probably faulty.

Hair iron was fine in uk

It is second electrical item the has fried on us

Uk 230V 50hz Thailand 220V 50hz no problem any equipment bought in Europe should have a CE mark which usually states 220-240 50/60HZ so look what it says on your Electrical Appliances. US uses 110V so their equipment might not work unless dual voltage.

I have never used one... have taken kettles,hairdryers , curling tongs  ( that was the ex) Laptops, Monitor , Speakers  and all have worked perfectly. 

Do you stay in the same place in thailand  ?  If something burns out your right I would put it to down to voltage or amps been higher so it may be the supply is faulty shorted maybe 

Another thought  you sure they burnt out or is there a possibility the fuse just blew  I would hope the fuse would blow before something burnt out... might get spikes or surges in thailand  

only the last thing I can think of is the tongs are set up to plugged into Positive and negative in the UK and when you plug in to a 2 prong plug how do you know which is which ? 

Australia also uses 230V and I have quite a few electrical devices from there. I have never had any issues. I have an alarm clock that is always plugged in. It has been working for the last 6 years and still going.

Edited to add that I forgot that we also have 2 electric toothbrushes plugged in all the time. Again no issues.

..only the last thing I can think of is the tongs are set up to plugged into Positive and negative in the UK and when you plug in to a 2 prong plug how do you know which is which ? 

With AC it doesn't matter which way around they are for the operation on the device.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have never used one... have taken kettles,hairdryers , curling tongs  ( that was the ex) Laptops, Monitor , Speakers  and all have worked perfectly. 

Do you stay in the same place in thailand  ?  If something burns out your right I would put it to down to voltage or amps been higher so it may be the supply is faulty shorted maybe 

Another thought  you sure they burnt out or is there a possibility the fuse just blew  I would hope the fuse would blow before something burnt out... might get spikes or surges in thailand  

only the last thing I can think of is the tongs are set up to plugged into Positive and negative in the UK and when you plug in to a 2 prong plug how do you know which is which ?

AC is alternating current ie it go's from positive to negative 50 times a second so 2 prong plug it makes no difference.

• 5 months later...

Hi 

Australia also uses 230V and I have quite a few electrical devices from there. I have never had any issues. I have an alarm clock that is always plugged in. It has been working for the last 6 years and still going.

Edited to add that I forgot that we also have 2 electric toothbrushes plugged in all the time. Again no issues.

With AC it doesn't matter which way around they are for the operation on the device.

Hi Scumbag,

Would that also apply to power tools ? As I have a shitload I would like to bring over to Myanmar for an upcoming project as everything here seems to be done without any power or hydraulics and it pains me to see how slow progress is !  :WhoSaw1:

keeping the dream alive !!!

Hi 

Hi Scumbag,

Would that also apply to power tools ? As I have a shitload I would like to bring over to Myanmar for an upcoming project as everything here seems to be done without any power or hydraulics and it pains me to see how slow progress is !  :WhoSaw1:

No' as they do not use transformers. It is that part of the circuitry that allows dual-voltage devices.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

• 5 weeks later...

Your problem more likely stems from earthing - or more correctly the tacit lack of it (and fuses on plugs) on most Thai installations

Your problem more likely stems from earthing - or more correctly the tacit lack of it (and fuses on plugs) on most Thai installations

Yes that is what I thought when I looked into it.

What's your logic on this? My understanding is that earthing only comes into play if there is a fault within a device. Evidence of this is that many devices are double insulated and do not require an earth pin on their plugs.

UK Voltage is nominal 230 volts so should be no problem using UK gear in Thailand. Just need a suitable pin adapter.

It is second electrical item the has fried on us

Hope the other wasn't a dildo

I would but she like western type

Not an expert but believe all type of hair iron is sold in Patts.

BTW, how does a western type differ from e.g a Chinese type??

Archived