Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

American food

tre123

Prefer this one 'back in the day'

image.jpeg

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was subjected to American food at an American military base in Saudi Arabia for 6 months. Thank fuck they had a salad bar and some sliced bread

Prefer this one 'back in the day'

She's hot,who's that?

WTF would u come to LOS and eat American food?

Common response:

"I don't like Thai food "

Well, my ex of 6 years here in a beach city in California (no one from here calls it "calie")

There are 30 Thai places w/i 30 minutes of our house

She would not return to any except one because they were "Americanized " Thai food with local ingredients

Ya might think of trying real Thai food

Sent from St. Somewhere

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

I was subjected to American food at an American military base in Saudi Arabia for 6 months. Thank fuck they had a salad bar and some sliced bread

damn, you didn't like military/mess hall food?   who woulda thought

damn, you didn't like military/mess hall food?   who woulda thought

Would have been ok with British chefs but unfortunately they were American.

Would have been ok with British French chefs but unfortunately they were American.

that was a funny joke, fixed it for ya

IMG_6985.JPG

And that boys and girls is one of the few times in life you will see the words "British" and "chef" in the same sentence. LOL

Couldn't have been French chefs, as soon as the war was declared they all fucked off home

There's a place on second road just up from Soi 14. It's fully American food - and shows live and repeat NFL games. Not sure of the name though - it's next to the complex where the cinema is in.

I've got news for you... American food is pizza, tacos and kung pao chicken!

There are British chefs?

And now the complete guide to British cooking...

1. Take the bones out and boil it.

And least we forget the Liverpudllian delicacy 'blind scouse' which is beef stew without the meat

And least we forget the Liverpudllian delicacy 'blind scouse' which is beef stew without the meat

Isn't blind Scouse a drunk Beatle?

Isn't blind Scouse a drunk Beatle?

Probably any Liverpudllian on giro day, not just the ones who can/could sing

She's hot,who's that?

It's Elly May from the Clampetts posted by Jethro?

89eb74d2481c8a82b9746cf29e9df6b5.jpg

There are also bars that serve American breakfasts.

A tiny rant, and one I've made often. An "American Breakfast" should have hash browns. It is almost impossible to find hash browns in Thailand. A few of those bar "American Breakfasts" don't include any type of potato at all. So, as a 60+ year old American, my opinion is that there are a few bars that use the word "American" on their breakfast menu, but very few come close to making an actual "American Breakfast". 

English breakfast, most of them seem to have down pat. And if they can make black pudding over here, why the heck can't they figure out how to shred some potatoes and fry them up? :-)

Although I will be declared a heretic, I don't eat much Thai food and I still find everything I want. There is just about any American fast food chain you can think of (though the A&W closed a couple years ago).

In the LK Metro area alone: Try the Lone Star Texas Grill on Soi Lengkee. Up on 3rd road near Lengkee is a pizza place, and another pizza place on Lengkee itself. For top level steaks, Steak and Co. on Lengkee; for less expensive steaks the Devonshire, also on Lengkee. A block or two north from there, a few yards east of Buakhow is 49Baht Ribs (price has gone up but still a great deal) open evenings only and not on Saturday. Across Soi Buakaow from Lengkee there is a spaghetti stand on one side of Soi Diana and a Subway sandwich place on the other side. A little farther down Diana is an Aussie Burger stand, Robins Nest restaurant, a pizza place. You could stay in Pattaya a month and never eat at the same place twice.

There is also plenty of not-stricktly-American but Western food that is very good, like the Sunday Carveries (a British import, I think) at many places, or the meat pies (maybe British, but I first had them in Australia) which are tasty. I found I really like HP Sauce (not named after American computer company Hewlett Packard, but rather the British House of Parliament); kind of a British A1 sauce. I like to put it on the beans they give you with an "English Breakfast" (which you can get all over town--I mostly get them at Canterbury Tales on Soi Chaiyapoon, or try the 98 Baht Big Breakfast at Retox on Lengkee). Plenty of fish and chips places also. Over by Soi 7 or 8, have some Irish stew at Rosie O'Grady's or Mexican at Tequila Reef. There are German restaurants, Italian restaurants, Belgian, Dutch and (I assume, though I never ate at one) French restaurants.

Do not worry about food. You will find whatever you like at very good prices. Quality beef will be from Australia, not Texas, but it's just as good.

Let's not forget about Sue's Place on 13/4 for very good Tex/Mex.

no6.jpg

Same happened in the UK as the US whith Chinese and Mexican food. Indian food changed to accommodate British taste like chicken tikka masala which originally were small pieces of cooked dry chicken now turned into chicken cooked in yogurt.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

There's a place on second road just up from Soi 14. It's fully American food - and shows live and repeat NFL games. Not sure of the name though - it's next to the complex where the cinema is in.

It is called chicken wings and thingd,lretty big sports bar setup with a fkn huge big screen they claim is the biggest in Pattaya. Had the half ribs and I thought they brought me a full rack instead. Lovely food, good menu for some western comfort food. Prices were a little more expensive than usual but thats to be expected, burgers looked great and huge!

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, racersedge said:

Do the supermarkets have american food? 

Friendship on Tai and Foodland on Klang stock imported food items.

3 hours ago, racersedge said:

Do the supermarkets have american food? 

Villa Market on Second Road (in the Avenue Shopping Mall) has the best selection of American items in Pattaya IMHO, but be prepared to pay for it due to the very high import tax that the Thai government levies on these products

Archived