IGNORED

Continental Bakery Jomtien - Disappointing

I enjoyed my breakfasts here last trip and had planned to visit a few times this trip. However, it was very disappointing this morning.

First, it was far too warm inside - uncomfortably so. We moved tables and I was right in front of a fan, which was just bearable. My friend was seated opposite and was sweating just sitting down.

Service was quite poor and slow. eg I asked for only 1 lot of bread and for it to be wholemeal and toasted. I was brought 2 lots, 1 wholemeal & 1 white - none of it toasted. Omelette (not in photo) was OK but a little heavy. Friend's eggs were hard-boiled. Fruit was Ok, coffee not too bad.

I won't be rushing back.

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Could you include a picture of the waitress, sometimes that makes all the difference.

Mate I feel for you ... Doing it tough in the Third World  :D ... just have  khao phat  next time ..saves your embarrassment :rolleyes:  

Drove by earlier and it's closed with the contents being ripped out....

Isn't that the one next door to it? The continental sign looks like its on the disused one but its looks previously like it was a sports bar

mobile

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

is that fruit and yogart?  if so, was it good.  thats what I like to have for breakfast but the place I go to doesnt have it till 815 and I want it earlier

thats a differnt place on the corner

is that fruit and yogart?  if so, was it good.  thats what I like to have for breakfast but the place I go to doesnt have it till 815 and I want it earlier

thats a differnt place on the corner

Yes. Fruit, yoghurt & muesli. Can't remember cost - came with bread inc.

It was OK.

I think that's one of those places that hangs on based on long standing reputation. There was a time years ago when it was among the best choices in town for European brekkies. That time has past. I doubt they have really gone downhill, just so much more competition. 

I just walked past and it is next door that is closed & being gutted. Continental still open.

I think that's one of those places that hangs on based on long standing reputation. There was a time years ago when it was among the best choices in town for European brekkies. That time has past. I doubt they have really gone downhill, just so much more competition.

The food wasn't too bad, but it was SO uncomfortably hot in there that it was an unpleasant experience - as well as the waitress being useless!

I'm afraid that this modest breakfast I would be its composition probably not enough to satiate a chance. Breakfast looks healthy, but its coverage is quite problematic.

Yes, I know I have breakfast every something else, but I associate my breakfast with lunch, and that to me enough saturate to dinner.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I love this place , sorry to read youbhad a bad breakfast .

I've been tons of times and what I like the most is the choice .

Something for everyone

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I'm afraid that this modest breakfast I would be its composition probably not enough to satiate a chance. Breakfast looks healthy, but its coverage is quite problematic.

Yes, I know I have breakfast every something else, but I associate my breakfast with lunch, and that to me enough saturate to dinner.

Mate a very Droll or Drool comment  :laugh:

pretty decent choice of breakfast though.

I have a few spots which I rotate through for breakfast, due to them having choices from the standard offerings around town. One which is a regular is CB! I usually pick up some bread and yogurt on the way out, as they have good quality products. So if you're looking for nice wiggles to take your order and a wide breakfast menu to choose from, then you can't go past CB in Jomtien.

Daryle

• 1 year later...

Just to update the thread. They obviously solved their aircon problems and I’ve been several times since.

They open very early and close early evening. Very wide range of breakfasts. It’s nice having the fruit/yoghurt/muesli option as a change from the cooked. Very nice bread. I can’t drink their coffee though - it’s the dark, bitter French roast which I just don’t like.

If I could, I’d remove the ‘disappointing ‘ bit from the title but don’t think I can edit it now.

I am not a breakfast guy. I usually have coffee and some fruit at the condo.

Once in a while I do stop in at the Continental though, as the range of choices is very good. Service is a little slow, but not horrible. I occasionally go with 2 poached eggs on some toast at a very reasonable cost. They do need to clean the coffee pot or something though. I never put sugar in my coffee, except here.

Archived