IGNORED

Tablet Advice?

soi666

Hi Guys,

Looking for some quick Tablet advice as i leave for Thailand in a few days.

I've found a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 32MB for sale for $350 USD, and i'm thinking of buying it and bringing it to Thailand.  A few Q's -

is $350 (12.25k baht) a good price for this Tablet?

Would i need to 'jailbreak' it to use it in Thailand and get Wifi thru a provider like AIS?

Also same Q on using it for Tethering my Samsung Note phone to it?

Any other advice also if you have any.

Thanks!

Shane

It depends if its the 9.7 or 8.0 display one you look at. If its 9.7 I would say its a great price if it's 8.0 its about what it would cost elsewhere as well. If you want to use it in Thailand and elsewhere is best to buy one that is not looked to a service provider. Then you don't have to think about it at all. I like the Sony tablet because they re water profed, but that is just my personal preference. I think all android tablet are about the same.  

You don't jailbreak Android's. And you don't need to jailbreak to use wifi.

What I think you're referring to is a network lock. If you're wanting to put a Thai sim card in it that is.

You'd have to ask the person you're buying it from if it's network locked. If yes, get him to ring his service provider and have it unlocked before buying it.

I have a galaxy tab that wasn't network locked. Never used a Thai sim, but used multiple in NZ no problem.

YMMV though....

Edit.

I think I recall a BM that got his network lock removed at tukcom. You could take it there and try.

But for that price I would expect it not to be locked.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Tab 2 ... 8 inch ... love it ...

Bought it at Central Mall ...

Love it ...

I'm a blowfish!

thanks guys, appreciate the responses, i'll probably go buy it as my laptop has been failing and i can do all the work i do on it on a tablet.

Archived