IGNORED

Australia to Trial 3 Year Tourist Visas for Thais

Scumbag

Starting next month (probably tomorrow?) Australia will start a trial giving Thai nationals (along with people from India, Vietnam and Chile) 3 year multiple entry tourist visas. I imagine that they will be for low risk applicants so not sure how easy these will be to get. Almost certainly they are not going to be given to uneducated Issan girls on a first application.

New Australian three-year visa trial to start this July

The announcement was made as part of the Australian Government’s 2016-17 Budget to boost Australia’s future tourism growth.

The new three-year multiple-entry Australian visitor visa is slated to be implemented by July 2016.

Australia’s High Commissioner to India, Harinder Sidhu, welcomed the announcement of the trial of a three-year multiple-entry visitor visa for India to be implemented by July 2016.

The trial, which is targeted at frequent short-term travellers to Australia, will allow entry into Australia multiple times on the same visa with each stay valid for up to three months.

India is among three other countries – Thailand, Vietnam and Chile – where the trial will be implemented.

“We welcome the tremendous interest Indians have in visiting Australia for tourism and business. With India among Australia’s nine key tourism markets, the trial will naturally drive our tourism growth from this part of the world,” Ms Sidhu said.

“The trial will make it easier for Indian visitors to make repeat visits. Travellers will not need to re-apply for visa within the three-year period,” Ms Sidhu added.

The trial applies to eligible applicants within the tourist and business visitor visa streams.

The announcement was made as part of the Australian Government’s 2016-17 Budget to boost Australia’s future tourism growth.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Sadly i think your correct , you can bet your house that there will be stringent criteria to be met. Then again I see a lot of ladies on TF that have a Bachelors degree, or maybe they just mean they have experience with men who haven't been married yet?

Seriously though that can only be a good thing, hope it becomes reciprocal and is a bit easier to obtain, but that's probably wishful thinking.

On Australian visa issues I believe that there are changes in education and partner visas from tomorrow. I don't know what these changes are but if you are looking at these visas make sure you are using up to date information.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

How can a new ruling go through a 'hung' Parliament?

The election's on Saturday.

Edited to correct typo ....should have bought the 6SPlus!

How can a new ruling go through a 'hung' Parliament?

The election's on Safurday

I doubt this is something that they have just decided to do in the last few months. Also no new law would be required as it will be covered in existing laws and at the discretion of the Immigration Minister and his department.

.....at the discretion of the Immigration Minister and his department.

I think you're bang on the money!

Archived