IGNORED

Teaching English

Zzzpzzz

Does anyone have any experience with teaching English in the area?

I teach English to girls one-on-one in various bars and gogos around Pattaya.  :Dunno:

Does anyone have any experience with teaching English in the area?

I have lots of experience in English teaching in Thailand, however, I'm retired now. I've been out of the circuit for a few years now but I can tell you it's all very controlled these days, you need qualifications and you need to be legal, which means having the correct visa and a work permit. You could probably slip under the radar teaching some private students but working for a school or language center you need to be kosher.

If you go on the ajarn.com site you can learn way more than you will on this forum.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Have you ever taught English before?

Do you speak Thai

I taught at 2 different schools here. A private school in Nonthaburi. . And a government school in some small city near Pattaya ... don't remember the name.

I made 30,000 a month

Taught 2nd grade math in Nonthaburi. .. 35 students per class

Taught kindergarten through 6th grade English at the government school

Both sucked. .. no way to control the children. .. Thai teachers basically view you as a babysitter ... they are making maybe 1/2 what you make and they are the ones actually teaching them anything

Not worth it ... unless you just do not care wether you help the children at all...

.. at the private school one of the other teachers you had taught a long time told me I should only expect to help about %10 of the kids in class

Archived