Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fish and chips - pangusis

AlantheBuilder

What is it with most restraunts selling this Mekong farmed type of cat fish .

It taste like mud , we are by the sea why not sell decent fish instead of this cheap rubbish ?

And they call it Dory , Dory is a very nice see fish not this rubbish !

Any views ?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

In the interests of those who might use the Search function in the future I suggest that you Edit to correct the spelling to Pangasius.

I have posted about this in every Fish and Fish&Chips thread on the forum.

The obvious answer is that firstly it is dirt cheap and secondly there isn't a readily available alternative locally caught....not suitable for F&C anyway....and ocean fish are expensive.

Pangasius mostly come from Vietnam, where they are farmed in the Mekong Delta.

Pangasius (catfish) is so cheap that some places offer F&C for as little as 99 Baht and many customers see it as good value.

Cod & Chips starts from about 180 Baht (Fryday).

It is a well known scam and is spreading to other countries.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dory_(fish)

Often covered on Thaivisa.    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/580009-the-dory-fish-scam/

Give the guy a break! he's touting for work :Think1:  times is ard and money tight...and brexit wont help alright :GoldenSmile1:

Give the guy a break! he's touting for work :Think1:  times is ard and money tight...and brexit wont help alright :GoldenSmile1:

:LOL2:   I gave him one by bumping it, but if he's touting for work anything about LDs or BFs would be a much better idea than Fish.....ask Walter.

I believe that fish is also called Swai. In the states they sell it for less than half the price of catfish domestically raised. Guys on my boat could not tell the difference when I cooked it. Then I looked it up on the inter web and saw they feed it human feces as well as othe absolute garbage in pens in a disgusting river and never bought it again.

What is it with most restraunts selling this Mekong farmed type of cat fish .

It taste like mud , we are by the sea why not sell decent fish instead of this cheap rubbish ?

And they call it Dory , Dory is a very nice see fish not this rubbish !

Any views ?

Sea fish are much more expensive. I quite like grouper, not bought any for a while but I think it was B450/kg last time at Naklua fish market.

In the interests of those who might use the Search function in the future I suggest that you Edit to correct the spelling to Pangasius.

I have posted about this in every Fish and Fish&Chips thread on the forum.

The obvious answer is that firstly it is dirt cheap and secondly there isn't a readily available alternative locally caught....not suitable for F&C anyway....and ocean fish are expensive.

Pangasius mostly come from Vietnam, where they are farmed in the Mekong Delta.

Pangasius (catfish) is so cheap that some places offer F&C for as little as 99 Baht and many customers see it as good value.

Cod & Chips starts from about 180 Baht (Fryday).

It is a well known scam and is spreading to other countries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dory_(fish)

Often covered on Thaivisa. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/580009-the-dory-fish-scam/

Sorry for the spelling mistake Im a builder ☺ www.alanthebuilder.com

dirt cheap is correct tastes like dirt also .

Just bonked this and have it in nice little 5 oz chunks in the freezer.

image.jpeg

Just bonked this and have it in nice little 5 oz chunks in the freezer.

Hope that's not the Brit version of 'bonked', but it does look fcuked.

Halibut?

Hope that's not the Brit version of 'bonked', but it does look fcuked.

Halibut?

Indeed.

Actually harpooned it.

Archived